Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is going to be our top receiving threat next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think is going to be our top receiving threat next season?

Unofficially brought to you by McSmashie!
    Brandon Marshall
    34.88%
    Eddie Royal
    55.81%
    Jabbar Gaffney
    0.00%
    Chad Jackson
    0.00%
    Brandon Stokley
    0.00%
    Kenny McKinley
    0.00%
    Nate Swift
    0.00%
    Peyton Hillis (out of the backfield)
    2.33%
    Knowshon Moreno (out of the backfield)
    0.00%
    Daniel Graham
    0.00%
    Tony Scheffler
    2.33%
    David Grimes
    0.00%
    Brandon Lloyd
    4.65%
    Jeb Putzier
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Brandon Marshall.Mcd doesnt want him gone which seems to be the most important thing.In the end he will get paid by the FO one way or another.I believe in the end the FO knows that we cannot afford to lose our top playmaker on offense.Mcd is planning on him playing the roll of Randy Moss and there arent too many of those out out there.:go:
    SBXXXII SBXXXIII

Comment

My vote is my man, Eddie.

Eddie has the speed and elusiveness and intelligence to find that short empty spot in the defense and get the yards after the catch. Plus. he has one of the premier slot receivers in Stokes to mentor him.

His playmaking ability will shine brightly next season and he is going to be a good fit for the system and Kyles abilities as a QB. I see Eddie becoming one of the premier slot receivers in the league this year. Watch out Wes!
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

If Marshall is still here in 2009, its not even a legitimate question, unless you doubt his recovery from hip surgery, which I suppose is somewhat legitimate, but it still shouldn't be a hard question to answer.
        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
          My vote is my man, Eddie.

Eddie has the speed and elusiveness and intelligence to find that short empty spot in the defense and get the yards after the catch. Plus. he has one of the premier slot receivers in Stokes to mentor him.

His playmaking ability will shine brightly next season and he is going to be a good fit for the system and Kyles abilities as a QB. I see Eddie becoming one of the premier slot receivers in the league this year. Watch out Wes!
          I love Eddie Royal and there is no reason to think that he wont continue to improve as a player as he is still just a pup.His numbers may not reflect that though in this offense.Also Im not so sure that without the threat of BMarsh on the other side how Royal would perform as the primary target of opposing pass defenses.They both help each other but I believe at this stage having Marshall is more important to Royal than vice-versa.Therefore,assuming both players are here,I believe Marshall is the clear number one and Royal is as good of a slot or number 2 as you could ask for behind him.
          SBXXXII SBXXXIII

Comment

Eddie is going to be used just like Welker was in New England.... and that's a lot. (Lead the team back to back season in catches).

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
                If Marshall is still here in 2009, its not even a legitimate question, unless you doubt his recovery from hip surgery, which I suppose is somewhat legitimate, but it still shouldn't be a hard question to answer.
                I disagree. Orton will be a bit more likely to spread the ball around. Royal may really explode and thrive in this offense. I could see Royal getting more catches and yards next year.

If both Marshall and Royal are here next year I think it will be a close battle.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mdaver View Post
                  I love Eddie Royal and there is no reason to think that he wont continue to improve as a player as he is still just a pup.His numbers may not reflect that though in this offense.Also Im not so sure that without the threat of BMarsh on the other side how Royal would perform as the primary target of opposing pass defenses.They both help each other but I believe at this stage having Marshall is more important to Royal than vice-versa.Therefore,assuming both players are here,I believe Marshall is the clear number one and Royal is as good of a slot or number 2 as you could ask for behind him.
                  One thing that will (hopefully) help Eddie is the addition of a running game. NE has had difficulty with that. And if Knowshon is as good as advertised and with a healthy Peyton, it will keep the defense way more honest and allow Eddie to use his smarts (and he has those by the truckload) to find the weak spots to exploit them.
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Botan View Post
                    I disagree. Orton will be a bit more likely to spread the ball around more. Royal may really explode and thrive in this offense. I could see Royal getting more catches and yards next year.

If both Marshall and Royal are here next year I think it will be a close battle.
                    But the question was who is going to be our top recieving threat. And when you have teams that are double teaming Marshall he is obviously the biggest threat.

Royal is going to have a huge year, but Marshall is the bigger threat.
                    sigpic

Comment

But the question was who is going to be our top recieving threat. And when you have teams that are double teaming Marshall he is obviously the biggest threat.

Royal is going to have a huge year, but Marshall is the bigger threat.
                      I guess I could have been more concise. I mean, who is going to have the biggest year. Or the most dominate year. Not, who has the potential to be.

Sorry, I can see how I wasnt very clear.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

One thing that will (hopefully) help Eddie is the addition of a running game. NE has had difficulty with that. And if Knowshon is as good as advertised and with a healthy Peyton, it will keep the defense way more honest and allow Eddie to use his smarts (and he has those by the truckload) to find the weak spots to exploit them.
                        The running game is definitely going to help Royal. But New England did have the 6th best rushing game in the league last year, so the Patriots were alright in that category.
                        sigpic

Comment

The running game is definitely going to help Royal. But New England did have the 6th best rushing game in the league last year, so the Patriots were alright in that category.
                          Hmmm, good to know! :thumb: For some reason, I was thinking they were lower than that with all the problems they had keeping runners healthy last season.
                          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I will say this.With our O-line and a duo like Marshall-Royal in addition to scheffler at TE A running game would make us appear unstoppable.Which puts tremendous pressure on the QB.If he doesnt succeed with the running game going and that protection and those guys to throw to he will be crucified.So hopefully we get that running game and put up the 400+ points that you would expect based on the talent.
                            SBXXXII SBXXXIII

Comment

I guess I could have been more concise. I mean, who is going to have the biggest year. Or the most dominate year. Not, who has the potential to be.

Sorry, I can see how I wasnt very clear.
                              I think both are going to be equally successful assuming that Marshall shows up to camp. From what we know, he knows nothing about the system. One thing that may help Royal out is his work ethic and character. Him being around for all of this is really going to help him. But if Marshall doesn't produce Royal won't have a Welker like season. He'll have more of a Royal 2008 season, which isn't bad but there is a higher ceiling for him. Marshall is a big key to his success.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X