Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is going to be our top receiving threat next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
    But the question was who is going to be our top recieving threat. And when you have teams that are double teaming Marshall he is obviously the biggest threat.

Royal is going to have a huge year, but Marshall is the bigger threat.
    Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of who would have the most production. You're right that physically, Marshall is the biggest threat and will demand the most double teams.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mdaver View Post
      I will say this.With our O-line and a duo like Marshall-Royal in addition to scheffler at TE A running game would make us appear unstoppable.Which puts tremendous pressure on the QB.If he doesnt succeed with the running game going and that protection and those guys to throw to he will be crucified.So hopefully we get that running game and put up the 400+ points that you would expect based on the talent.
      Just like an Superstat QB can elevate his weapons, superstar talent can help elevate a QB.

Orton has had his problems. My OPINION (Ive seen all the posts Bears Fans) is that he didnt have the talent he needed to elevate his game.

But there are some AWESOME weapons for him to us. And I have faith that he will use them properly.

My opinion is that Eddie and his new roles fit best into Ortons skill set. Thats why my opinion is that Eddie will be the stud receiver of this new offense.
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
        Hmmm, good to know! :thumb: For some reason, I was thinking they were lower than that with all the problems they had keeping runners healthy last season.
        A lot of people think that and I know that stat by heart because everytime I'm on another message board I always remind people that McDaniels knows how to run the ball. With Moreno and the ZBS, the running game will be very good. If NE could manage 6th with an injured backfield, we could probably do better than 6th with our OLine, Scheme and players.
        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

I think both are going to be equally successful assuming that Marshall shows up to camp. From what we know, he knows nothing about the system. One thing that may help Royal out is his work ethic and character. Him being around for all of this is really going to help him. But if Marshall doesn't produce Royal won't have a Welker like season. He'll have more of a Royal 2008 season, which isn't bad but there is a higher ceiling for him. Marshall is a big key to his success.
          I think one of the things that gets lost in Eddie since he doesnt go out to DEMAND attention, is his intelligence.

He is a smart, smart man. I dont think Eddie will have any problem digesting the new system and being able to run it and adapt it to his skills.
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

A lot of people think that and I know that stat by heart because everytime I'm on another message board I always remind people that McDaniels knows how to run the ball. With Moreno and the ZBS, the running game will be very good. If NE could manage 6th with an injured backfield, we could probably do better than 6th with our OLine, Scheme and players.
            Im really glad you posted that! Thank you!

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

superstar talent can help elevate a QB.
              Clearly that is the plan.Now we just sit back and see whether or not it works.Assuming Marshall is in the fold it would seem the talent is there.
              SBXXXII SBXXXIII

Comment

I think one of the things that gets lost in Eddie since he doesnt go out to DEMAND attention, is his intelligence.

He is a smart, smart man. I dont think Eddie will have any problem digesting the new system and being able to run it and adapt it to his skills.
                Eddie is very smart. Majority of the team is very smart. Listening to Eddie and the 2009 draft picks, I'm impressed with the way they speak and how smart they are. That's definitely a goal here, and it should be.
                sigpic

Comment

Td wise its going to marshall. Receptions wise royal would lead the team. And don't forgot royal put a clinic on the raiders WITHOUT marshall in the game.
                  Last edited by Shsonline; 06-20-2009, 04:21 PM.
                  XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by mdaver View Post
                    Clearly that is the plan.Now we just sit back and see whether or not it works.Assuming Marshall is in the fold it would seem the talent is there.
                    Marshall will be there minus jailtime or suspension.

He doesnt have the cards to play. Too much stacked against him.

And once he gets in the camp and sees what players like Stokley and Scheff have seen, he will get into the fold.

I had a bad gut feeling with Cutler. I dont have it here. I think it works out.

Ok, back on topic.

Once he is in the system, I think he is going to have a good year. He can easily take a pass and turn it into gold. Even an off target or short pass.

And he would be getting the ball when it is adventagious for him to get it versus in the middle of triple coverage.
                    Last edited by McSmashie; 06-20-2009, 04:18 PM.
                    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I think Brandon Lloyd will surprise allot of people this year,reunited with Orton,and coupled with wanting to prove the doubters wrong if he makes the final cut i think he will play with a chip on his shoulder this season.
                      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Marshall will be there minus jailtime or suspension.

He doesnt have the cards to play. Too much stacked against him.

And once he gets in the camp and sees what players like Stokley and Scheff have seen, he will get into the fold.

I had a bad gut feeling with Cutler. I dont have it here. I think it works out.
                        I agree that Marshall will be there and I believe that we will be relatively succesful based on the talent and the coaching.My primary concern is that with our schedule and what I still think is a relatively weak defense we will find ourselves behind in a fair number of games.When we are forced to throw and the other team knows it is coming is when the true litmus test of what the offense as presently constituted can do.
                        SBXXXII SBXXXIII

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                          I think Brandon Lloyd will surprise allot of people this year,reunited with Orton,and coupled with wanting to prove the doubters wrong if he makes the final cut i think he will play with a chip on his shoulder this season.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, be nice. He has an opinion and he can express it and it is valid in my threads.

That is funny though.
                            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

That is funny.And scary.Duck!
                              SBXXXII SBXXXIII

Comment

yeah yeah exactly my point he has something to prove,I've done the same exact before in practice,a loooong time ago,thought the Quarterback was targeting the receiver behind me,oops.
                                I really like Cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X