Daniel Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Graham

I havent heard much about his role in the new offense,is he going to be a pure blocking te like he was with NE,and if he is how long will it be before he wants out, i know he wants to be in an offense where he will get passes thrown his way and i dont see that with mcd thoughts anyone.

Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
    I havent heard much about his role in the new offense,is he going to be a pure blocking te like he was with NE,and if he is how long will it be before he wants out, i know he wants to be in an offense where he will get passes thrown his way and i dont see that with mcd thoughts anyone.
    After I've read the first sentence, I thought it was going to be a good topic to debate...
    Then I read this:
    "how long will it be before he wants out"
    and then this:
    "i dont see that with mcd"

I'm out...
    sigpic
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
      After I've read the first sentence, I thought it was going to be a good topic to debate...
      Then I read this:
      and then this:

I'm out...
      You took the words out of my mouth.
      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Ends who line up tight ...

... must block if for no other reason than when they line up there some defender will be across from him whom he must block. Thus the term Tight End.

A good way for a TE to get open is off of a chip block. It's short, I know, but it's always open.

Is Tony Scheffler even a TE? If so, he doesn't line up tight very often.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

He'll probably be thrilled to be on a winning and or playoff team like most of his teamates. Getting open off of a chip block is kinda what a dink and dunk/NE offense thrives on. Orton seems to excel in those situations.

I don't think anybody but McD and company really know what variation of NE's offense we might see in Denver this year.
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
            Then I read this:
            and then this:

I'm out...
            what you ant me to write it in spanish if you dont get the point then dont post within my thread.

Comment

what you ant me to write it in spanish if you dont get the point then dont post within my thread.
              Oh yeah, well this is Al Gore's internet so he says go away

Proof:

Comment

Moreno, Hillis, Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, Gaffney, Stokely............Graham.

If you're devising an offense who would you prefer to have the ball? Only so many plays to go around. If Graham doesn't like it maybe he'll be motivated to prove he can make plays like these others.
                \

Comment

Graham is paid a lot of money. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets cut. The drafting of quinn sickened me at the time.....but if he can block as good as they say, they may choose to keep him over graham at a fraction of the cost.

I think Grahams future depends on Quinn's training camp more than his own.

A side note- I heard Graham has an awesome entry way to his house. Double staircases that meet at the top (think scarface) with a life siz portrait of graham at the top. Thats pretty cool.

Ive been a big fan of his all the way back to his CU days.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hopefully he can prove himself in camp he is a denver boy

Comment

Last time I checked.... his best offensive seasons were in New England.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        Last time I checked.... his best offensive seasons were in New England.
                        ...and Orton doesn't have the arm strength to complete a pass to anyone other then his TEs and RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                          ...and Orton doesn't have the arm strength to complete a pass to anyone other then his TEs and RBs.
                          Incorrect

Comment

I like Orton he is not a top tier guy ,but i think he can be a good system qb.

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
                              Graham is paid a lot of money. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets cut. The drafting of quinn sickened me at the time.....but if he can block as good as they say, they may choose to keep him over graham at a fraction of the cost.

I think Grahams future depends on Quinn's training camp more than his own.

A side note- I heard Graham has an awesome entry way to his house. Double staircases that meet at the top (think scarface) with a life siz portrait of graham at the top. Thats pretty cool.

Ive been a big fan of his all the way back to his CU days.
                              That isn't quite true. half of his contract was already paid in the form of a $10M signing bonus and a $5M roster bonus. Here is his salary for the rest of his contract. 2009: $3.2 million, 2010: $3.8 million, 2011: $4.2 million, 2012: Free Agent.

In comparison, here is Tony Gonzalez' contract 2009: $4 million, 2010: $4.5 million, 2011: $5.75 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charges: $6.5 million (2009), $7 million (2010), $8.25 million (2011).

$3M isn't a huge amount for a starting TE. It's a little less than Gonzalez, a little more tham Chris Cooley. I don't think there is any way Graham is cut barring injury this year. I think he plays at least another 2 years here and helps teach Quinn the NFL ways. McD likes his TEs to be good blockers. They don't come much better than Graham and I don't think he will be going anywhere soon. If you read the post about irrep[laceable players it said the Broncos were #1 in the league running around left end and #5 running behind LT. A big part of that was Graham.
                              Last edited by broncos SB2010; 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X