Daniel Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That isn't quite true. half of his contract was already paid in the form of a $10M signing bonus and a $5M roster bonus. Here is his salary for the rest of his contract. 2009: $3.2 million, 2010: $3.8 million, 2011: $4.2 million, 2012: Free Agent.

In comparison, here is Tony Gonzalez' contract 2009: $4 million, 2010: $4.5 million, 2011: $5.75 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charges: $6.5 million (2009), $7 million (2010), $8.25 million (2011).

$3M isn't a huge amount for a starting TE. It's a little less than Gonzalez, a little more tham Chris Cooley. I don't think there is any way Graham is cut barring injury this year. I think he plays at least another 2 years here and helps teach Quinn the NFL ways. McD likes his TEs to be good blockers. They don't come much better than Graham and I don't think he will be going anywhere soon. If you read the post about irrep[laceable players it said the Broncos were #1 in the league running around left end and #5 running behind LT. A big part of that was Graham.
    You're numbers above are spot on...but your anylsis is a little off. Tight Ends are the lowest paid position on the field and make less than kickers or punters. This link shows that they make less than 1 million a year on average:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...1/11/index.htm

3 million puts him at about the tenth highest paid te in the league. Thats a lot more than the average te and a lot more than Quinn makes. I stick to my original point. If Quinn develops, dont be surprised if Graham is not on the team next year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
      You're numbers above are spot on...but your anylsis is a little off. Tight Ends are the lowest paid position on the field and make less than kickers or punters. This link shows that they make less than 1 million a year on average:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...1/11/index.htm

3 million puts him at about the tenth highest paid te in the league. Thats a lot more than the average te and a lot more than Quinn makes. I stick to my original point. If Quinn develops, dont be surprised if Graham is not on the team next year.
      You may be right. Scheffler's contract is up next year, if Quinn does develop like many think he will, it may be Scheffler who is gone and they keep both Quinn and Graham. You never know, we will just have to wait and see how it plays out. I do have high hopes for Quinn though and obviously I like Scheff too. I would be happy with Quinn and Scheff, Graham is a bonus.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X