Bowlen repeats mistakes of the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A`M][LE H][GHER View Post
    agreed. we have to wait and see if these losses and aquisitions work in our favor or not. however i believe the mistake the op was talking about are about bowling allowing his coaches to have too much power. which i think we can all agree is a fault of bowlens ownership abilities. he even said when he fired shanny that whomever he hired wasnt going to have the power he did yet it looks as if mcdaniels does.
    I get that. But if you give that power to the right guys (Belichick and Jimmy Johnson to name a few), then the results can be very favorable. We don't know if McD is the right guy. But we also don't know if McD isn't the right guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      I get that. But if you give that power to the right guys (Belichick and Jimmy Johnson to name a few), then the results can be very favorable. We don't know if McD is the right guy. But we also don't know if McD isn't the right guy.
      ya and in all honestly id prob rather have mcd making all the desicions than having bowlen interfere which is what im afraid happened with cutler.

Comment

Belichick has never had full power. In fact, the Patriots use the league model for power on the team. The GM has always been in control of player decisions and the HC is under the GM there. I can't say for Johnson, maybe he did.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
          Belichick has never had full power. In fact, the Patriots use the league model for power on the team. The GM has always been in control of player decisions and the HC is under the GM there. I can't say for Johnson, maybe he did.
          That is false, sir. Pioli has always been Belichick's boy. Belichick taught Pioli everything he knows about football since Pioli was 21 years old. Pioli was the GM, but an extension of Belichick. Belichick was the one who gave his final okay on decisions Pioli made. Not the other way around.

Comment

That is false, sir. Pioli has always been Belichick's boy. Belichick taught Pioli everything he knows about football since Pioli was 21 years old. Pioli was the GM, but an extension of Belichick. Belichick was the one who gave his final okay on decisions Pioli made. Not the other way around.
            According to the "league circles" that continually are talking, you are wrong. Pioli has gotten the credit for player decisions and drafts. Their GM has always gotten credit. I have never heard it given to Bill. Ours were always credited to Shanahan because Shanahan had final say. They obviously go over it together but from anything I have ever heard, Pioli has gotten credit for drafts and player decisions since he has been GM.

Comment

and why arent you getting on the people who are claiming mcd is a genius over and over? if you can call out posters for being repetitive then i feel as if you should be doing it on those posts as well. no?
              If you see repeated threads about McDaniels' positives, be my guest to complain.
              sigpic

Comment

and why arent you getting on the people who are claiming mcd is a genius over and over? if you can call out posters for being repetitive then i feel as if you should be doing it on those posts as well. no?
                There are probably 10 threads stating McDaniels or the infamous "McDummy" isn't qualified to be a coach, for every one praising him.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                  There are probably 10 threads stating McDaniels or the infamous "McDummy" isn't qualified to be a coach, for every one praising him.
                  That would be because, by far, the majority of the worlds population thinks McDaniels has completely failed this offseason. That wouldn't be saying he isn't qualified as a coach though. That is stating the obvious of him not being qualified as a GM.

Comment

That would be because, by far, the majority of the worlds population thinks McDaniels has completely failed this offseason. That wouldn't be saying he isn't qualified as a coach though. That is stating the obvious of him not being qualified as a GM.
                    Ya, maybe. I'm just saying there's a lot more repeats about how bad he is than how good he is.

If Bowlin trades Marshall though, we will no who the real idiot is imo..

Comment

According to the "league circles" that continually are talking, you are wrong. Pioli has gotten the credit for player decisions and drafts. Their GM has always gotten credit. I have never heard it given to Bill. Ours were always credited to Shanahan because Shanahan had final say. They obviously go over it together but from anything I have ever heard, Pioli has gotten credit for drafts and player decisions since he has been GM.

According to factual history, Belichick taught Pioli everything about football. Bill Belichick is the one who learned from his dad (who is a legendary scout in his own right), Steve Belichick.

So, what you're saying is that when you have Belichick who learned from a legendary scout who happened to be his dad, and then you have Pioli who learned from Belichick, and has been with Belichick form almost 20 years, but otherwise has no pedigree other than Belichick himself, and you're going to say it's Pioli?

None of this has to do with my point anyway. My point is when you get a head coach who is a great scout as well, and you turn power over to him, then that can be a good move. It's hard to do though. It's hard to be a GM by itself let alone a head coach who moonlights as a GM. The advantage is though that the coach knows exactly what they need to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X