If you could only keep..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Champ Bailey - You can't replace him
    2) Ryan Clady - Could easily be the next Orlando Pace/Jonathon Odgen of the league (touch wood)
    3) Brandon Marshall - I may get flamed but I don't care all that much about his off field issues. Sure their bad for the team image but it seems to me that he's just been unlucky with a few of his choices. I don't condone partners beating each other but I'm sure its more common than we think with NFL players. aka KEEP MARSHALL BOWLEN!!!!
    4) DJ Williams - I needed another defender on here
    5) Knowshon Moreno - Sure he's a rookie but he has a chance to be AMAZING
    Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Comment

Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
      Do you ever have anything positive to say just negativity thread after thread ,your opinion isnt better then anyone elses start having some respect.
      Wow - You're the Negative poster here. You stuck in the "Cutler Shouldn't Be Gone" Statement. That's the problem with so many haters on this board. Thay can never see their own biases and faults

Comment

Do you ever have anything positive to say just negativity thread after thread ,your opinion isnt better then anyone elses start having some respect.
        Put him on ignore. Then all you have to read is this:

This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list.
        It makes these boards a more enjoyable experience.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
          Get over it, man
          Really, this is disturbing and scary to think some of you haven't been able to move on. Nothing you can do or say, it's going to bring Cutler back

Don't take this as a personal attack dude. This is really messed up!
          Agreed Stickyicky. Who does dragster really think he is anyway trying to tell others who they can and can't like...?
          Go Broncos!!!

Comment

1) Peyton Hillis: I really think he is undervalued by many fans. No he isnt a speed back nor a nifty slashing runner, but he can mow down defenders like a scythe at harvest time on any given run. His blocking is adequate if not top tier, and he has the hands of a WR.

2) Eddie Royal: Simply one of the classiest and most humble players on the team. Leads by example and is one of the crispest route runners I have seen in a long time. Look for him to have a stellar year this year as he comes into his own in this new offense.

3) Ryan Clady: obviously the blind side of the QB is a major factor in an offenses success and with Clady filling that role we can be much more efficient and elevate our game beyond what it could ever be with a lesser player there.

4) Spencer Larsen: He is perhaps the most versatile player on the team. If we only kept 5 then you would be crazy not to keep a FB/MLB/ST player all wrapped into one body.

5) Robert Ayers: again the versatility of where he can line up on a defense is a factor even though he remains unproven at this level as of now.

I went totally with a youth movement here and my picks would change quite a bit if I considered the older players such as Champ or BDawk. I left Brandon Marshall off of the list, not because of his off the field issues (even though they may be a factor in his future) but because of all the dropped balls last year. As excellent as he can be? He dropped way too many passes last season that should have been receptions with no questions asked. Other notable players who could be on the list would include DJ, Doom, and Knowshon (simply gauged by by his potential)

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
              age has to be a factor

1. Cutler
              2. Clady
              3. Marshall
              4. royal
              5. moreno

I know cutler is gone....but he shouldnt be
              Can't keep someone who isn't even on our team, clearly.

Anyway.

And these aren't in order of preference:

1. Royal
              2. Champ
              3. Clady
              4. DJ
              5. Marshall

I really really wanted to add Moreno, and I almost think I should anyway, but man, I just can't do it without seeing him play at all. He's on the bubble, though. Because if he pans out at all, I want him to stay. He could turn this team around. But if he's a bust, haha, then I don't.
              Knowshon Moreno Fanclub, Number Nineteen.

Comment

1. Ryan Clady - Rated #1 offensive tackle in 2nd year says something
                2. Knowshon Moreno - Will become a huge playmaker in his first season
                3. Champ Bailey - One of the best corners of all time, future HOFer
                4. Eddie Royal - A great young reciever looking forward to seeing him develop
                5. Peyton Hillis - One of the hardest working players i've ever seen, hes a beast

Comment

Clady
                  Bailey
                  Royal
                  Marshall
                  Hillis

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that way...
                    I do have plenty positive things to say.
                    I don't know why you ask, since I haven't seen you say anything positive lately.
                    At least my posts have not been locked or deleted. That should tell you something, no?

This Cutler thing has gone too far
                    This behavior worries me, and saddens me
                    If I worked at the Broncos HQ, I'll have 24 surveillance and armed guards around the clock. This obsession for Cutler is down right scary!
                    Last edited by dragster69; 06-21-2009, 08:14 AM.
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by Hatake. View Post
                      ...5 players who would they be?

1. Clady
                      2. Marshall
                      3. Harris
                      4. C.Bailey
                      5. B.Dawkins
                      Mine would be;
                      1. Moreno
                      2. Hillis
                      3. Royal
                      4. Clady
                      5. D.J. Williams

Yeah, I like our defense that much!

Comment

Guys I'd build our new team for
                        Champ
                        DJ
                        Royal
                        Clady
                        Moreno

Guys I really wish I could keep, but just aren't in the same class as the guys above.

Hillis
                        Doom
                        Dawkins (he's almost done, or he'd be up there)
                        the entire O-line

Basically they're all classy guys and great players. I believe any of my top 5 could have hall of fame careers and are nothing but pure character, talent, and work ethic.

The guys I wish I could keep are pure character and work ethic, but just aren't on the same level. Still love those guys though.

Comment

I don't get it.

Originally posted by Hatake. View Post
                          ...5 players who would they be?

1. Clady
                          2. Marshall
                          3. Harris
                          4. C.Bailey
                          5. B.Dawkins
                          Why would you only have five guys?

For a five-man football team? But that would need six, wouldn't it?

We had a JV team once that had only thirteen guys. That was crazy! Most of them just stayed out on the field for the entire quarter. Iron-man football. We spent most of the time on the sideline screaming at them to get their attention. They actually won a couple of games. After about four of them were too dinged up to play their last game, some third string seniors volunteered to fill out the roster. That was very cool!

Anyway, if you're going to name a certain minimum number, wouldn't it be eleven? Now we're talking football! Or, if you were to have some non-contact stuff, how about NFL seven-on-seven in the offseason? That might be fun. I'll bet fans would even watch it on TV.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

1)Clady
                            2)Champ
                            3)D.J
                            4)Royal
                            5)Hillis

If i could keep one more guy WOODYARD dont care what you guys say

Comment

1. Clady and the entire O line (I know thats more than one, but theyre a single unit for all Im concerned)
                              2. Marshall
                              3. Bailey (this might contradict something else Im about to say)
                              4. Hillis
                              5. Moreno

Now for past players I wouldve kept...

1. Cutler
                              2. Portis
                              3. Plummer
                              4. Pryce
                              5. Bert Berry or Reggie Hayward
                              sigpic

Comment

In Order
                                1)Clady
                                2)DJ
                                3)Kuper
                                4)Royal
                                5)Ayers*

Not my favorite players, but young players that can multiple thing well at positions of need.

*More based on potential and versatility. Hillis is an alternate, but good DE/OLBs are rarer than RBs.

Comment

Working...
                                X