Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franchise Assessment Article (Mark Kiszla)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise Assessment Article (Mark Kiszla)

I know the McDaniels brigade is going to flame this post to death, but I think this article really describes well how a majority of long time fans feel. http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_12656781

ProFootballTalk weighed in on the article:

Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post calls the Broncos a team without a face. [Editor’s note: But that’s better than a team with a face that has spent a little too much time in the spray-tan booth.]
    'Nuff said.

Comment

Well, a couple things here...
      One, Mark Kiszla was one of the most vocal journalist in Denver calling for Shanahan's head in the last 3 years. He wroye a few articles to bash him and made fun of his no longer "mastermind" title. I guesss the lesson is, if you don't like something, be careful what you wish for, because you may still be not happy

Two. Kiszla has always been a moron. The guy just have no clue. He gets flamed on the DP Forum all the time. That's how bad he is.
      He's really not saying anything new other than being butt-hurt for having lost Cutler. Yet, he's like the minority of people now thinking that no matter what this team does or has done during the off-season, that we won't win because we don't have Cutler anymore. Really? 17-20?
      sigpic
      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Meh. I remember seeing Atwater go, and Meck, Eddie, a platoon's worth of memorable star players as a matter of fact. I think Kiszla forgets that the Broncos have an identity that transcends the names of the players on the team. Players change. Coaches change. Bronco fans root for the Broncos.

Sure, we don't know exactly what the Broncos will look like this season, but not yet knowing the personality of the team does not translate into the team's being "devoid of personality." So...meh.
        "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
          I know the McDaniels brigade is going to flame this post to death, but I think this article really describes well how a majority of long time fans feel. http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_12656781
          So anybody that talks doom and gloom about the Broncos, YOUR team the team YOU ARE a fan of, is a great article?
          How can I be a true fan?
          I'm sure for me to support what Kszla says and feel good about it, I need to be a true fan to understand where he's coming from, right?
          Where do I sign up?
          sigpic

Comment

i disagree about "no face". moreno, hillis, champ, dawkins, royal, the entire o line, and dj seem like a good group of faces to me. just because shanny and jay are gone doesnt mean we lost everything
            Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
            vs.
            Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
            Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
            First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
              Well, a couple things here...
              One, Mark Kiszla was one of the most vocal journalist in Denver calling for Shanahan's head in the last 3 years. He wroye a few articles to bash him and made fun of his no longer "mastermind" title. I guesss the lesson is, if you don't like something, be careful what you wish for, because you may still be not happy

Two. Kiszla has always been a moron. The guy just have no clue. He gets flamed on the DP Forum all the time. That's how bad he is.
              He's really not saying anything new other than being butt-hurt for having lost Cutler. Yet, he's like the minority of people now thinking that no matter what this team does or has done during the off-season, that we won't win because we don't have Cutler anymore. Really? 17-20?
              Agreed, to say that the ownership has grown stagnant in the face of such change is contradictory and only lessens his credibility. The face of the Broncos is 80,000 strong at every home game and I salute you all.
              [sigpic

Comment

So anybody that talks doom and gloom about the Broncos, YOUR team the team YOU ARE a fan of, is a great article?
                How can I be a true fan?
                I'm sure for me to support what Kszla says and feel good about it, I need to be a true fan to understand where he's coming from, right?
                Where do I sign up?
                you need to relax my friend, we all know how you feel, and at no point was the term "real fan" even used in my post. Continue your flame fest if you must . I am not here to defend the authors journalistic integrity or to impugn yours so chill, but the article describes how many long time fans and myself feel about our team. Im sure with time i will learn to accept this patriots way thing but i dont believe i will ever love it like i love old school bronco football.

Comment

Pat Bowlen leaves the identity of the team to the coach. If Kizla wants to know who the face of the franchise is, he's just going to have to wait for the season like the rest of us. McDaniels is the one making the decisions that will define the identity of the team.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
                    you need to relax my friend, we all know how you feel, and at no point was the term "real fan" even used in my post. Continue your flame fest if you must . I am not here to defend the authors journalistic integrity or to impugn yours so chill, but the article describes how many long time fans and myself feel about our team. Im sure with time i will learn to accept this patriots way thing but i dont believe i will ever love it like i love old school bronco football.
                    You need to relax, not me
                    I didn't see anything new in that article that has not been discussed to death here. Perhaps you're still looking for assurance on how you feel, and trust me, we really know how you feel
                    So you're speaking for many long time fans and yourself?
                    I guess I didn't get the memo, because as a "log time fan", that's not how I feel... :thumb:
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought that one of the reasons Bowlen made the change at HC was because the Broncos had lost their identity.

Yeah, we had Mike Shanahan. The two SB's he lead the team to over 10 years ago kept him around for a long time - but I think his message got stale.

Picking players with questionable character spoke volumes to the players. It told them that individual performance outweighed "team". That regardless if you were a punk or not, if you could play, you played.

I imagine after a while, that would get old in the locker room.

And now, Denver is headed in the opposite direction: From Cutler being gone (and many seeing Cutlers lack of maturity and lack of leadership on and off the field during those last 3 games last year), to drafting players of high character and leadership.

This team has going from a "me", to a "we" organization.

Personally, I'm excited to see the face of this new team. Will it be Mareno, Hillis, or a face on the defense? Will Denver be known for their running game or their suprisingly tough defense?

No one knows. And you know what? Neither do our opponents for this season.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                        I thought that one of the reasons Bowlen made the change at HC was because the Broncos had lost their identity.

Yeah, we had Mike Shanahan. The two SB's he lead the team to over 10 years ago kept him around for a long time - but I think his message got stale.

Picking players with questionable character spoke volumes to the players. It told them that individual performance outweighed "team". That regardless if you were a punk or not, if you could play, you played.

I imagine after a while, that would get old in the locker room.

And now, Denver is headed in the opposite direction: From Cutler being gone (and many seeing Cutlers lack of maturity and lack of leadership on and off the field during those last 3 games last year), to drafting players of high character and leadership.

This team has going from a "me", to a "we" organization.

Personally, I'm excited to see the face of this new team. Will it be Mareno, Hillis, or a face on the defense? Will Denver be known for their running game or their suprisingly tough defense?

No one knows. And you know what? Neither do our opponents for this season.
                        I don't think anybody knows anything about anything...
                        If want to know the Broncos new identity, we must wait until the season starts and by the time the WHOLE season is over, we will have known by then what this team showed. We could be a defense powerhouse, we could be a devastating team running the ball, we could be an offense powerhouse, nobody knows.
                        That's why to see the new identity, we need to see our team play a full season at minimum...:salute!:
                        sigpic

Comment

Kizla is an idiot. Does not require further comment.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't think anybody knows anything about anything...
                            If want to know the Broncos new identity, we must wait until the season starts and by the time the WHOLE season is over, we will have known by then what this team showed. We could be a defense powerhouse, we could be a devastating team running the ball, we could be an offense powerhouse, nobody knows.
                            That's why to see the new identity, we need to see our team play a full season at minimum...:salute!:
                            I know what I want them to be: A great running team with a solid defense and good special teams, that wins a lot of games.

The pieces are there. Will they fit, or will be all be doing a :doh:

I hope its the previous, not the latter.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

We lose a coach and quarterback and suddenly we have no face. Right.

Comment

Working...
                              X