Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franchise Assessment Article (Mark Kiszla)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Identity

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    I don't think anybody knows anything about anything...
    If want to know the Broncos new identity, we must wait until the season starts and by the time the WHOLE season is over, we will have known by then what this team showed. We could be a defense powerhouse, we could be a devastating team running the ball, we could be an offense powerhouse, nobody knows.
    That's why to see the new identity, we need to see our team play a full season at minimum...:salute!:
    I agree that the identity will be entirely new. My thought is that this may well even be Champ's last year.

I hate change and do not think some of the changes McDaniels has made were necessary, but I am just hanging back and watching things play out... and by the end of the season, we should be able to have a feel for what identity the Broncos will now be taking.

Kizla is not one of my favorite writers on the Post. He does not seem consistent or even logical at times.

Comment

If in the next few years the Broncos win 12 games in a season, win a play-off game and contend for the Super Bowl, Josh McDaniels will be the most popular man in Colorado.:go:

Comment

The measuring stick that matters in pro sports in W's and L's. As long as you're piling up your share of W's everything else takes care of itself. Ticket sales, fanhood, player contracts, everything.

It's not a tough concept to understand. It's not an easy concept to make happen in the first year of a brand new team, but if he can, all this will be moot.

JMD has answered the question time and time again, "How do you deal with the pressure and question regarding all the changes made", he answers, Win

Everything is designed so that we win. Sure some things have thrown a wrench in the works, but he hasn't stopped and hasn't changed the goals just because someone didn't call back or didn't show up to practice.

I want to see what out record ends up being before I second guess my favorite team's prime directive. After all, if Im going to give benefit of the doubt to anyone, it's going to be my favorite team, Denver Broncos

:salute!::salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
          So anybody that talks doom and gloom about the Broncos, YOUR team the team YOU ARE a fan of, is a great article?
          How can I be a true fan?
          I'm sure for me to support what Kszla says and feel good about it, I need to be a true fan to understand where he's coming from, right?
          Where do I sign up?
          nobody is doubting that you are good bronco fan. but could you be more open to posts that arent praising the moves made this offseason? people not fans of the broncos seem to get it why cant you? its cause your a passionate bronco fan, yes. but its pretty obvious your glasses are tinted orange. ( I must say much, much less tinted than others ive seen however)

Comment

Originally posted by kurtz View Post
            If in the next few years the Broncos win 12 games in a season, win a play-off game and contend for the Super Bowl, Josh McDaniels will be the most popular man in Colorado.:go:
            if this doesnt happen and he gets fired for bringing down a franchise, how will you feel then? will you be eating crow or calling for his head?

Comment

Originally posted by IronClady View Post
              The measuring stick that matters in pro sports in W's and L's. As long as you're piling up your share of W's everything else takes care of itself. Ticket sales, fanhood, player contracts, everything.

It's not a tough concept to understand. It's not an easy concept to make happen in the first year of a brand new team, but if he can, all this will be moot.

JMD has answered the question time and time again, "How do you deal with the pressure and question regarding all the changes made", he answers, Win

Everything is designed so that we win. Sure some things have thrown a wrench in the works, but he hasn't stopped and hasn't changed the goals just because someone didn't call back or didn't show up to practice.

I want to see what out record ends up being before I second guess my favorite team's prime directive. After all, if Im going to give benefit of the doubt to anyone, it's going to be my favorite team, Denver Broncos

:salute!::salute!:
              good post. you made me rethink some of my past posts. good day to you sir!

Comment

I think Kiszla has it right.

For years the face of the franchise has been Shanahan and the QB (Elway, Griese, Plummer, Clutler), with Bowlen standing prominently behind them. Shanahan always had the "mastermind" thing going on, Bowlen rarely lost a free agent he really wanted to keep (Sharpe being the exception, and he returned), and you could count on the Broncos to be at least average or above. Other players wanted to come to Denver because it was a model of a professional franchise, first class all the way.

Now we have an untested coach that few players in the league know much about, who calls his players by their full name, "The Player". We have a QB that was beaten out in an open competition by Rex Grossman, and was the throw-in with two #1 draft-picks in the Cutler trade.

And we have Bowlen who no longer seems in control of much of anything. He called Cutler "the man" and traded him two months later. He allegedly told Marshall he would accommodate a trade...and I'm not sure the coaching staff is on board with that. He admits to memory loss. He used to be the vital owner, one of the movers & shakers among NFL owners. Now you don't see that. Getting old sucks. It happened to George Steinbrenner, it's happening to Bowlen before our eyes.

The Broncos have lost that luster. They are no longer the model professional franchise, they are just one of 32. And for everyone who says that it lost the luster 10 years ago, 8 and 8 is going to look really good compared with our next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterrooter View Post
                  I think Kiszla has it right.

For years the face of the franchise has been Shanahan and the QB (Elway, Griese, Plummer, Clutler), with Bowlen standing prominently behind them. Shanahan always had the "mastermind" thing going on, Bowlen rarely lost a free agent he really wanted to keep (Sharpe being the exception, and he returned), and you could count on the Broncos to be at least average or above. Other players wanted to come to Denver because it was a model of a professional franchise, first class all the way.

Now we have an untested coach that few players in the league know much about, who calls his players by their full name, "The Player". We have a QB that was beaten out in an open competition by Rex Grossman, and was the throw-in with two #1 draft-picks in the Cutler trade.

And we have Bowlen who no longer seems in control of much of anything. He called Cutler "the man" and traded him two months later. He allegedly told Marshall he would accommodate a trade...and I'm not sure the coaching staff is on board with that. He admits to memory loss. He used to be the vital owner, one of the movers & shakers among NFL owners. Now you don't see that. Getting old sucks. It happened to George Steinbrenner, it's happening to Bowlen before our eyes.

The Broncos have lost that luster. They are no longer the model professional franchise, they are just one of 32. And for everyone who says that it lost the luster 10 years ago, 8 and 8 is going to look really good compared with our next couple of years.
                  No way Bitter

I usually enjoy and understand and agree with your posts, but I dont agree with this post. After all, Bowlen was the man in control when he made the change that started this whole ball rolling in the first place.

Once you push a ball this size over the hill, you have already measured your risk, reward and then took your gamble.

He might not have correctly prognosticated every turn so far, but he's not lost control imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronClady View Post
                    No way Bitter

I usually enjoy and understand and agree with your posts, but I dont agree with this post. After all, Bowlen was the man in control when he made the change that started this whole ball rolling in the first place.

Once you push a ball this size over the hill, you have already measured your risk, reward and then took your gamble.

He might not have correctly prognosticated every turn so far, but he's not lost control imo.
                    I think we'll find out pretty soon.

McDaniels has a HUGE target on his back, he has made a lot of this off-season about "the system", and "his type of player", i.e. about Josh McDaniels. The vast majority of the pundits--and while they are not as close to the situation as us day-to-day fans, their unanimity concerns me--think that McDaniels/Bowlen have lost control.

Bowlen has ceded near total control to McDaniels (and don't kid yourself, Xanders is an empty suit), if it goes terribly wrong, will Mr. Bowlen be able to fix it? I frankly do not know. Ten years ago, I had no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X