Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ named to All Decade Defense- ESPN

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0...t-defense.html

Cornerbacks Champ Bailey and Troy Vincent: Shutdown cover corners with height are a rarity, but Vincent and the Broncos' Bailey qualify.

Smarts, range and playmaking ability set them apart from Barber and other candidates, although the Raiders' Nnamdi Asomugha is making a strong run late in the decade.

"You want to talk about an all-around corner, that's Troy Vincent," said former Eagles secondary coach Leslie Frazier, now the Vikings' defensive coordinator, told Seifert. "He could cover as well as any guy out there in the league, but he wasn't one-dimensional by any means. He could hit. He could support the run. He was a sure tackler. Total package, as far as I'm concerned."

Vincent played for the Eagles, Bills and Redskins during this decade.

Cool article and even more special it coming out on Champs B-Day.

thats whats up baby Champ is a true professional on and off the field im Proud to say hes a Denver Bronco keep it up Champ we all know whos still the top CB in the NFL
    Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

That does not surprise me at all. Couple more years and Asofromunda will be right there with him. Imagine at their prime- Aso and Champ on the corners together!?!?
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

whos troy vincent?
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

it's funny cuz if you look at the Board Comments on ESPN....EVERYONE is questioned, outside of Champ hahahahaa....not one post says anything about him not deserving that list...Champ in my opinion is BEST CB to ever play, Sanders #2....I personally would've put McAllister over Vincent for the All Decade as well...

Comment

The Champ is back!

Champ will be much better this season, the man is a stud! I predict 8-10 INT's this season just because Nolan is DC and the overall defense will be better.

Bailey will once again be refered to as the best CB in the NFL after this season.

Champ Bailey & Brian Dawkins in the secondary= CHAMPIONSHIP
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
              whos troy vincent?
              He was a great corner who played with the Eagles and the Bills (moved to FS for the Bills).

Oh... and he's a former UW Badger.

Comment

IMO Darren Sharper should be there at SS instead of Polamalu.
                sigpic

Comment

No big suprise...Champ set the standard for the next 3 decades.
                  sigpic

Comment

he deserves it. Go champ!

Comment

Good to see Champ get his due. He is the standard for corners for the next couple decades. He was a no-brainer. I thought Dawkins should have been on that list. He has been more productive than Polamalu and has been the face of one of the league's top defenses for the last decade.
                      Also how did Al Wilson not get any consideration and guys like ZT and Keith Brooking barely missed the cut? I know his career was cut-short by an injury, but he still was voted to 5 straight pro bowls (2002-2006) and he was the best player on a top-10 D for the better part of this decade. You want proof of just how good he was look at how bad our D has been since he left in 2006. I would not have put him in there over Brooks, Lewis and Urlacher but he should have been given more consideration than Zach Thomas and Keith Brooking.
                      Bronco fan from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Comment

If the Broncos can leave Champ off the Special Teams, I will consider this off-season at least a little positive.

I thought it was insane to have Champ playing KO's and PR's, but Shanahans' Special Teams were so poor, they had to play someone who could make something happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Runner View Post
                          If the Broncos can leave Champ off the Special Teams, I will consider this off-season at least a little positive.

I thought it was insane to have Champ playing KO's and PR's, but Shanahans' Special Teams were so poor, they had to play someone who could make something happen.
                          it was also cuz he's bored cuz nobody ever throws at him....and i dnt remember him playin PR....?

Comment

'Grats to Champ! :salute!:
                            "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

Originally posted by Runner View Post

He did save a few touchdowns playing on the Kickoff Coverage team last season...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X