Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 21-30 yards deep enough...some intersting split stats for Orton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is 21-30 yards deep enough...some intersting split stats for Orton

    because if it is, Orton ranked 8th in the league in QB rating for passes in that range and only attempted 11 passes longer than 30 yds.

    Top Ten 21-30 yds:

    1. Rodgers
    2. Schaub
    3. Warner
    4. Rivers
    5. Garcia
    6. Cutler 106.3
    7. Brees
    8. Orton 102.8
    9. O'Sullivan
    10. Campbell

    Last 2min of the Half rating:

    1. Orton 101.8
    2. Collins
    3. Cassel
    4. Wallace
    5. Romo
    6. P. Manning
    7. Palmer
    8. Cutler 83.6
    9. Brees
    10. Edwards

  • #2
    if that's for the end of both halves, then that's a niceeeee lil stat
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 06-22-2009, 09:57 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      looks like he's accurate when it counts!

      Comment


      • #4
        Ranking in the league or not, I would consider a 102.8 a pretty good rating.

        Regarding the number of passes beyond 30 yards, a number of factors could
        come into play, such as play-calling (which was from the sidelines, not his own),
        the receivers themselves (were they consistently open?), and his high ankle
        sprain (which prevented him from from pushing off his back foot as he threw).

        I would need a lot more information before I started to draw any conclusions.

        -----

        Comment


        • #5
          Like many have said, you can't really jump to conclusions with this, but those are pretty good stats.

          Comment


          • #6
            After driving a beat up car, I now want to see Orton driving a real car
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

            Comment


            • #7
              Most of Orton's deeper passes were seam routes to the tight ends. I think he'll be good in McDaniels system because they worked on giving the QB's a lot of completions in the middle of the field. When he's forced to throw deep to the outside. He can get himself in trouble. Which will be an issue if Marshall and Royal get free on the outside.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wyatt906 View Post
                because if it is, Orton ranked 8th in the league in QB rating for passes in that range and only attempted 11 passes longer than 30 yds.

                Top Ten 21-30 yds:

                1. Rodgers
                2. Schaub
                3. Warner
                4. Rivers
                5. Garcia
                6. Cutler 106.3
                7. Brees
                8. Orton 102.8
                9. O'Sullivan
                10. Campbell

                Last 2min of the Half rating:

                1. Orton 101.8
                2. Collins
                3. Cassel
                4. Wallace
                5. Romo
                6. P. Manning
                7. Palmer
                8. Cutler 83.6
                9. Brees
                10. Edwards
                Nice Stat Work,

                The stat I hope he brings is in the W column.

                I am very interested in learning what McDaniels saw that so few of the socalled experts saw.

                I like the direction of the team, but I do hope that we retain Marchall and he comes to play.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
                  Most of Orton's deeper passes were seam routes to the tight ends. I think he'll be good in McDaniels system because they worked on giving the QB's a lot of completions in the middle of the field. When he's forced to throw deep to the outside. He can get himself in trouble. Which will be an issue if Marshall and Royal get free on the outside.
                  Please review some of these highlights, and let's document our comments as
                  Horseman did there, rather than just make statements as if we are the ultimate
                  authority. I saw from these and about 50 more clips and several games that
                  Orton did fine passing on the outside. The only time I noticed any trouble was
                  after his high ankle sprain, which affected his throwing mechanics and mobility.

                  -----
                  Last edited by topscribe; 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Interesting stats.

                    Gives me a little more hope with Orton but not much. I hope he's able to hit the deep ball when needed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                      Please review some of these highlights, and let's document our comments as
                      Horseman did there, rather than just make statements as if we are the ultimate
                      authority. I saw from these and about 50 more clips and several games that
                      Orton did fine passing on the outside. The only time I noticed any trouble was
                      after his high ankle sprain, which affected his throwing mechanics and mobility.

                      -----
                      I would never pretend to be an ultimate authority. I'm just a Bears fan who has watched many games and have seen Orton at his best and worst. If you find my opinion invalid, that's ok. I even commented in that thread you linked me too.

                      We can cherry pick all the Orton stats we want, but in 33 career games he's only compiled:

                      505 CMP/913 ATT (55.3%), 5,319 Yards (5.8 AVG), with 30 TD's and 27 INT's (71.1 QB Rating)

                      He's never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season. If the highlights reel was the normal Kyle Orton. His numbers would be better, and he'd still be a Chicago Bear.

                      That's not to say Orton can't have success in Denver. I believe he can in the system McDaniels runs, but he's a flawed QB. Most teams have flawed QB's though. So the Bronco's can win with Orton because he's pretty much an average NFL starter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Good to see how well he does at the end of the half. To the OP can you post how he does on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter.
                        My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

                        What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

                        “They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”


                        Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
                          I would never pretend to be an ultimate authority. I'm just a Bears fan who has watched many games and have seen Orton at his best and worst. If you find my opinion invalid, that's ok. I even commented in that thread you linked me too.

                          We can cherry pick all the Orton stats we want, but in 33 career games he's only compiled:

                          505 CMP/913 ATT (55.3%), 5,319 Yards (5.8 AVG), with 30 TD's and 27 INT's (71.1 QB Rating)

                          He's never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season. If the highlights reel was the normal Kyle Orton. His numbers would be better, and he'd still be a Chicago Bear.

                          That's not to say Orton can't have success in Denver. I believe he can in the system McDaniels runs, but he's a flawed QB. Most teams have flawed QB's though. So the Bronco's can win with Orton because he's pretty much an average NFL starter.
                          How many Bear QBs have thrown for 3,000 yards? Grossman once, and Kramer once. I think that's more of a reflection of the Bears organization than the QBs. Sad.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                            How many Bear QBs have thrown for 3,000 yards? Grossman once, and Kramer once. I think that's more of a reflection of the Bears organization than the QBs. Sad.
                            Luckman may have, not sure. I know Bill Wade did, and Jim Harbaugh. It's just a sad list.

                            It's a reflection more so of the Bears QB problem. It's hard to have a 3,000 yard passer with a Henry Burris, Craig Krenzel, Jonathan Quinn, Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Jim Miller, Shane Matthews, Chad Hutchinson, ect. ect. ect.

                            So Kyle Orton gets a pass because everyone else was bad?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
                              So Kyle Orton gets a pass because everyone else was bad?
                              Kyle Orton gets a pass because he played in an organization that doesn't seem to have a clue on what to do with the QB position.

                              From evaluating talent, to player development, they don't have a clue about developing great QB play.

                              I actually feel sorry for Jay Cutler, from a business standpoint.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X