Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you rather have for Denver a top 5 "D" or a top 5 "O"?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you rather have for Denver a top 5 "D" or a top 5 "O"?????

This question is like "Did the chicken or egg come first?"

But For this team to win which would you rather want for the Broncos this year...An attacking killer D...

Or a gunslinging, Unstoppable running machine "O"? (not like last years fake #2 ranked "o" this one would be in the top 5 for points scored)...

Would you rather see a 13-10 game, or a 35-31 game? Are you a D guy or an O guy?

Bring back the Orange Crush or The GREATEST SHOW ON TURF?

Me... I would rather see a bunch of sacks, hard hitting, 3 yards and a cloud of dust...Punt for field position kinda guy...

Just wondering since I see alot of people discussing Josh's O and not alot on Nolans new 3-4 Hybrid look D...
    sigpic Adopted By:

I want a top 5 offense and a #6 defense :go:
    sigpic

Comment

It depends on how bad the other unit is.
      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Well considering how much talent we have on offense I would love to see the D become even top 15.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
          It depends on how bad the other unit is.
          Yeah, I made a thread kind of like this several months back

It was: "Would you rather have the #1 offense with the #32 defense or would you rather have the #1 defense with the #32 offense?"...I think thats a little easier to answer than ItalianBroncos question, but its still along the same lines.
          sigpic

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-Orange-Crush

Defense wins titles, bring back the OC.

Comment

I'd rather have a strong defense. The problem of course, is that the rules have changed a lot and will continue to change to favor offenses.

So if someone has a top-tier defense in the modern NFL and no offense, it becomes very difficult to do anything with it, simply because the nature of the game has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

I like it!!

I guess I should have phrased the question just a simple as our you the guy that likes to see a great Defensive game or a shoot out...Would you rather have the Broncos be the Colts of 06" or a team like the Giants of 07"?

I know I know we are the Broncos...Im just asking the question D or O.
                sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

100%

Defense.

Sacks, Int's, Turnovers, Good Field position.

Defense every time.

One reason im not worried about Cutler gone, we still wont make it to the playoffs if our Defense continue to be the bottom feeders of the league.
                  sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

Yes, that is the case for some teams. That was not the case for the two superbowl wins in 1998 and 1999. The Denver defense gave up over 20 points in both games. The difference in both games was the offense. TD in the first superbowl and Elway in the second. Teams like the NYG, Ravens, Steelers and Bucs is correct with respect to the defense.

Comment

Take the defense for sure. Defensive stops are what wins close games. Defenses are much more reliable. But they relate to each other. If denver had any running game late in the season we would have been able to run out more of the clock and buffalo doesnt have time to score.

Comment

yep

Originally posted by Bioengineer View Post
                        Take the defense for sure. Defensive stops are what wins close games. Defenses are much more reliable. But they relate to each other. If denver had any running game late in the season we would have been able to run out more of the clock and buffalo doesnt have time to score.
                        Also, San Diego doesn't score 52 points to slam the door on the Broncos season.
                        sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Put me down for ...

... D.

Defense wins championships, offense sells tickets.

Definitely low-scoring. When I was sort-of in control, the preference was play tough D, no passing, no going out-of-bounds, no punting on the plus side, no FGA/1 pt. XPA. With ten minute quarters, we're talking game over c.1 hr. after opening KO.:thumb:

A couple of years after I quit coaching, went to see my old team play their last district game of the season before the playoffs. From the way the kids were talking the week of the game, I knew something bizarre would happen. Each team scored over fifty points. The combined total was almost one hundred twenty. I was shocked!!! My question was, "Doesn't anyone around here play defense???"

Love good D, and TV doesn't often replay great defensive plays. Thank God for DVR. Like in the Jets game when Kris Jenkins used Casey Wiegmann as a club to knock Peyton Hillis down for a loss. Watched that one about ten times.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Giants of 07', I prefer better D.
                            Originally posted by ItalianBronco View Post
                            I like it!!

I guess I should have phrased the question just a simple as our you the guy that likes to see a great Defensive game or a shoot out...Would you rather have the Broncos be the Colts of 06" or a team like the Giants of 07"?

I know I know we are the Broncos...Im just asking the question D or O.

Comment

Defense....It wins Championships.

Comment

Working...
                              X