Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you rather have for Denver a top 5 "D" or a top 5 "O"?????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Game View Post
    Yes, that is the case for some teams. That was not the case for the two superbowl wins in 1998 and 1999. The Denver defense gave up over 20 points in both games. The difference in both games was the offense. TD in the first superbowl and Elway in the second. Teams like the NYG, Ravens, Steelers and Bucs is correct with respect to the defense.

    This is sooooo true. People tend to forget that in the 99 SB we had the 26th ranked pass D, and that was with 30 teams in the league. I understand the theory of D wins Championships, but IMO, you can't under estimate what a great offense with a mid to sub par D can accomplish!!:go:

    Comment


    • #17
      Everyone loves an explosive offense, but I love to watch a bone-crushing D. It isn't the same as it used to be, but a defense can still kick some heads in when they need to.
      sigpic

      Supporting McD since 2009.

      Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

      Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

      Comment


      • #18
        Ill take Defense every time . In a perfect world i would take the broncos 99 version with an ass kicken O and an attacking D.
        My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

        What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

        “They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”


        Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by IrishConrad View Post
          Also, San Diego doesn't score 52 points to slam the door on the Broncos season.
          Denver would have already clinched the division if they didnt blow the lead against buffalo, and the SD game wouldnt have an impact on the standings

          Comment


          • #20
            Im honestly more of an offensive guy. When I played football I played on both sides of the ball(and I also played on just about every special teams unit) but Id still rather have a great offense with a middle of the pack defense.

            But they both still rely on eachother so much. The way I see it, defense=torque and offense=horsepower, you need both to win the race.

            Honestly, at this point, I dont care which one is better, just as long as we get our asses into the playoffs
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
              Im honestly more of an offensive guy. When I played football I played on both sides of the ball(and I also played on just about every special teams unit) but Id still rather have a great offense with a middle of the pack defense.

              But they both still rely on eachother so much. The way I see it, defense=torque and offense=horsepower, you need both to win the race.

              Honestly, at this point, I dont care which one is better, just as long as we get our asses into the playoffs
              yea, a well balanced team wins championships. the only time the ravens could do it was with the least points allowed ever. thats why the bears could never win a title with this bunch of players.

              Comment


              • #22
                I think you can find examples historically of great offenses and great defenses winning championships (as some of you have noted here). While I love to watch an offense pile up the score, it's so demoralizing to have the score pile up against your team... I'm gonna have to go with defense.

                Comment


                • #23
                  what about specail teams?? haha

                  I would want a Top 5 Offense, defense can score but offense scores more
                  sigpic

                  With Players Like Champ Baily, D.J. Williams, Brian Dawksin, Elvis Dumervil, Ryan Clady, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Casey Wiegmann, Peyton Hillis, Tony Scheffler, Daniel Graham, Wesley Woodyard, Knowshon Moreno, and a host of other great players ... there is no reason that the Broncos arent Superbowl Bound!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    nice

                    Originally posted by Broncos Super Bowl Bound View Post
                    what about specail teams?? haha

                    I would want a Top 5 Offense, defense can score but offense scores more
                    I once heard long time Air force Falcons coach and legend coach Fisher DeBerry comment on that.

                    Air Force won many of there games in large part due to their Special teams. They were always smaller and "less athletic" then there opposition, but they made up for it with great special teams.

                    If the Broncos can move up the board on Field position.. I believe we where close to last in the league last season....that helps dramatically.


                    so for the other 1/3 of the game......lets go Special Teams.
                    sigpic

                    Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Defense.

                      I can't remember the last time I watched a broncos game and didn't have a sick feeling in back of the stomach every time our defense stepped on the field. Its probably been about 3-4 years..I'd like to change that.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        That's a tough one.

                        My first instinct was to say offense because it's more exciting to have a high powered offense.

                        It's pretty cool to have a top D though. I wouldn't mind just straight up dominated on D like the Ravens in 00 or the Bucs in 02. There's something that feels good about having a really dominant D.

                        I guess I'd take either, but since we've been lacking a top D for a while, and the offense is being retooled anyway, I'll go with D. I'd rather have a top 5 D.
                        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          top five d, for sure.

                          look at that Bucs Super Bowl, for instance.
                          Knowshon Moreno Fanclub, Number Nineteen.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Better D for sure

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The amount of top 5 Offenses/Defenses who made the playoffs (Points Per Game)

                              2008
                              Top 5 Defense: 5/5
                              Top 5 Offense: 3/5

                              2007
                              Top 5 Defense: 5/5
                              Top 5 Offense: 5/5

                              2006
                              Top 5 Defense: 3/5
                              Top 5 Offense: 5/5

                              2005
                              Top 5 Defense: 5/5
                              Top 5 Offense: 4/5

                              2004
                              Top 5 Defense: 4/5
                              Top 5 Offense: 4/5

                              Defense just narrowly beats the offense over the past five years (22/25 vs 21/25).

                              Top 5 seems to narrow to measure whats better, Offense or Defense. I am going to do a top 15 matchup later on.
                              http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                              MMO Football Game

                              I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hey!!!

                                Originally posted by MJA View Post
                                The amount of top 5 Offenses/Defenses who made the playoffs (Points Per Game)

                                2008
                                Top 5 Defense: 5/5
                                Top 5 Offense: 3/5

                                2007
                                Top 5 Defense: 5/5
                                Top 5 Offense: 5/5

                                2006
                                Top 5 Defense: 3/5
                                Top 5 Offense: 5/5

                                2005
                                Top 5 Defense: 5/5
                                Top 5 Offense: 4/5

                                2004
                                Top 5 Defense: 4/5
                                Top 5 Offense: 4/5

                                Defense just narrowly beats the offense over the past five years (22/25 vs 21/25).

                                Top 5 seems to narrow to measure whats better, Offense or Defense. I am going to do a top 15 matchup later on.
                                That's a good stat! I like that stat!:clap:

                                It's short, easy to understand, and it only took me ten or fifteen seconds to figure out!:thumb:

                                Nice work, Bro!:salute!:
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X