Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you rather have for Denver a top 5 "D" or a top 5 "O"?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expatRick
    replied
    Growing up in the 70's, the model franchise in the NFL was the Steelers. They were built around dominant defense, running game, the ability to pass when needed. I love this type of football but the rule changes make it obsolete.

The most sustainable model for success now would involve a defense that is adaptable week to week, Probably a base 3-4 since it's so hard to hang on to great D-linemen. Use an offense with some great players but based on a system that allows for some interchangeability.

So to answer the question I want a top 5 defense and a versatile offense.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I want a top 5 offense and a #6 defense :go:

Leave a comment:

• MJA
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    That's a good stat! I like that stat!:clap:

It's short, easy to understand, and it only took me ten or fifteen seconds to figure out!:thumb:

Nice work, Bro!:salute!:
    Don't worry, I'll convert you yet!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Hey!!!

Originally posted by MJA View Post
    The amount of top 5 Offenses/Defenses who made the playoffs (Points Per Game)

Top 5 Defense: 5/5
    Top 5 Offense: 3/5

Top 5 Offense: 5/5

Top 5 Defense: 3/5

Top 5 Offense: 4/5

Top 5 Defense: 4/5

Defense just narrowly beats the offense over the past five years (22/25 vs 21/25).

Top 5 seems to narrow to measure whats better, Offense or Defense. I am going to do a top 15 matchup later on.
    That's a good stat! I like that stat!:clap:

It's short, easy to understand, and it only took me ten or fifteen seconds to figure out!:thumb:

Nice work, Bro!:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• MJA
    replied
    The amount of top 5 Offenses/Defenses who made the playoffs (Points Per Game)

Top 5 Offense: 3/5

Top 5 Defense: 3/5

Top 5 Defense: 4/5

Defense just narrowly beats the offense over the past five years (22/25 vs 21/25).

Top 5 seems to narrow to measure whats better, Offense or Defense. I am going to do a top 15 matchup later on.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Better D for sure

Leave a comment:

• datsyuk
    replied
    top five d, for sure.

look at that Bucs Super Bowl, for instance.

Leave a comment:

• BroncsSB#3
    replied
    That's a tough one.

My first instinct was to say offense because it's more exciting to have a high powered offense.

It's pretty cool to have a top D though. I wouldn't mind just straight up dominated on D like the Ravens in 00 or the Bucs in 02. There's something that feels good about having a really dominant D.

I guess I'd take either, but since we've been lacking a top D for a while, and the offense is being retooled anyway, I'll go with D. I'd rather have a top 5 D.

Leave a comment:

• iowabronco24
    replied
    Defense.

I can't remember the last time I watched a broncos game and didn't have a sick feeling in back of the stomach every time our defense stepped on the field. Its probably been about 3-4 years..I'd like to change that.

Leave a comment:

• IrishConrad
    replied
    nice

Originally posted by Broncos Super Bowl Bound View Post
    what about specail teams?? haha

I would want a Top 5 Offense, defense can score but offense scores more
    I once heard long time Air force Falcons coach and legend coach Fisher DeBerry comment on that.

Air Force won many of there games in large part due to their Special teams. They were always smaller and "less athletic" then there opposition, but they made up for it with great special teams.

If the Broncos can move up the board on Field position.. I believe we where close to last in the league last season....that helps dramatically.

so for the other 1/3 of the game......lets go Special Teams.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Super Bowl Bound
    replied
    what about specail teams?? haha

I would want a Top 5 Offense, defense can score but offense scores more

Leave a comment:

• cooperkayd
    replied
    I think you can find examples historically of great offenses and great defenses winning championships (as some of you have noted here). While I love to watch an offense pile up the score, it's so demoralizing to have the score pile up against your team... I'm gonna have to go with defense.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Im honestly more of an offensive guy. When I played football I played on both sides of the ball(and I also played on just about every special teams unit) but Id still rather have a great offense with a middle of the pack defense.

But they both still rely on eachother so much. The way I see it, defense=torque and offense=horsepower, you need both to win the race.

Honestly, at this point, I dont care which one is better, just as long as we get our asses into the playoffs
    yea, a well balanced team wins championships. the only time the ravens could do it was with the least points allowed ever. thats why the bears could never win a title with this bunch of players.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Im honestly more of an offensive guy. When I played football I played on both sides of the ball(and I also played on just about every special teams unit) but Id still rather have a great offense with a middle of the pack defense.

But they both still rely on eachother so much. The way I see it, defense=torque and offense=horsepower, you need both to win the race.

Honestly, at this point, I dont care which one is better, just as long as we get our asses into the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishConrad View Post
    Also, San Diego doesn't score 52 points to slam the door on the Broncos season.
    Denver would have already clinched the division if they didnt blow the lead against buffalo, and the SD game wouldnt have an impact on the standings

Leave a comment:

Working...
X