38 carries, 99 yards with 7 td's.

Sophomore season

96 carries, 423 yards with 9 td's. 149 yards receiving 0 td's

Peyton Hillis

6'2 252 lbs.

40 yard dash: 4.55

Rookie stats.

68 carries, 345 yards rushing and 5 td's. 179 receiving yards 1 td

Im just asking because a Raider fan that i work with was bashing Hillis saying he wont amount to anything besides maybe a decent FB. Of course i respectfully disagreed claiming he knew less about football than my 4 year old niece.

Now i may have went out on a limb here but i argued that he has the potential to be as good or better than Brandon Jacob's, so i wanted to know what you guys thought?

Hillis

Edge to Hillis for his blocking and hands.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSjDe...eature=related

Hillis

Comment

That is pretty interesting. I have never even thought of the comparison to be honest.

Comment

Peyton Hillis ...

... is my kind of football player. He'll do whatever you ask him:

-play FB and block, run or catch;

-play TB and block, run or catch;

-play KO, KOR, P, PR, XPA, FGA;

-play Z/H-Back and block or catch;

-play TE and block or catch.

Hmmmm ... did we leave anything out?

Oh, he could probably play LB or even C/G in a pinch.:doh:

But, you can't please everyone.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Hillis is a good player imo, but i'd still take Brandon Jacobs..

Comment

I think Hillis has more upside and versatility. He can become a better RB than Jacobs.
              sigpic

Comment

After watching that, it is hard to even think that they might not use him as a HB along side Moreno.

How could justify not using that? The guy destroys people with that downhill running style.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                  Hillis is a good player imo, but i'd still take Brandon Jacobs..

Trade for him.

Comment

Hillis just straight up embarrasses Renaldo Hill at 1:12 haha.

Comment

I think Hillis is great but Jacobs plays in a much harder division.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                        That was the Miami game. Hillis was the leading receiver. Miami held Brandon Marshall to two receptions and the Broncos couldn't run the ball.

Didn't really like Jeremy Bates' play calls that day.

Didn't Cutler have some picks? Wasn't one returned for a score?

Didn't Ben Hamilton have three flags in a row on one possession resulting in wretched FP?

Miami 26, Denver 17 Yeah, I remember that game ... unfortunately.

One of the bad home losses along with Oakland and Buffalo.
                        Last edited by samparnell; 06-24-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

i really like hillis id love to see him start at fullback and be used as a 3rd down back for his power plus as a fullback he can use his hands he reminds me alot of howard griffith down to his catching ability that catch against kanses when he got hurt was amamzing
                          sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=145416

If anyone finds any more good vids, please post them in this thread.

TY!

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              That was the Miami game. Hillis was the leading receiver. Miami held Brandon Marshall to two receptions and the Broncos couldn't run the ball.

Didn't really like Jeremy Bates' play calls that day.

Didn't Cutler have some picks? Wasn't one returned for a score?

Didn't Ben Hamilton have three flags in a row on one possession resulting in wretched FP?

Miami 26, Denver 17 Yeah, I remember that game ... unfortunately.

One of the bad home losses along with Oakland and Buffalo.
                              Ya also B-Marsh caught like a 92 yard bomb that was called back on one of the worst pass interference call I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X