Peyton Hillis vc. Brandon Jacobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    Brandon is a better RB and pass protector. Hillis is a better receiver out of the backfield though. I'd rather have Brandon.
    of course you would, youre a chiefs fan, youd never pick the broncos player.

however, i think hillis has shown in his limited playing time that he is a better pass receiver obviously, running ability is similar but up for grabs, anyone who watched hillis this year knows that. we can settle that one next year. pass protecting, hillis. he spent his career blocking for other players, whos to say jacobs is better.
    sig pic removed by mod staff.
    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
      of course you would, youre a chiefs fan, youd never pick the broncos player.

however, i think hillis has shown in his limited playing time that he is a better pass receiver obviously, running ability is similar but up for grabs, anyone who watched hillis this year knows that. we can settle that one next year. pass protecting, hillis. he spent his career blocking for other players, whos to say jacobs is better.
      I would pick a Broncos player. I'd take Eddie Royal any day as our 2nd WR. Have you ever watched the Giants play? Jacobs lays out people when he's pass protecting.

Comment

I would pick a Broncos player. I'd take Eddie Royal any day as our 2nd WR. Have you ever watched the Giants play? Jacobs lays out people when he's pass protecting.
        i think on your team (and a lot of teams) he be 1b, for the simple fact that dwayne bowe is very reminiscent of darius watts! stoneeee hands

i would make a remark about him costing shanahan his job, but i think at this point, shanahan did have to go, so im not that upset about that. i am curious if shanahan is even upset he got fired? he has so many other business things going on now and in a year can take his pick of about a dozen teams who will hire him...

Comment

Chiefs is right, Jacobs straight up blows people when he's in for pass blocking. Not taking anything way from Hillis, but don't be so damn ignorant because you have a man crush on the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            I think Hillis has more upside and versatility. He can become a better RB than Jacobs.
            That pretty much sums it up! He is a heck of a player and on top of that, he is a team player to boot!
            May the 2009 Season for the Chargetts, Faiders and Donks R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
              Chiefs is right, Jacobs straight up blows people when he's in for pass blocking. Not taking anything way from Hillis, but don't be so damn ignorant because you have a man crush on the guy.
              i dont think he does...you know something we dont?

Comment

i dont like brandon jacobs straight up, standing tall running style. With his height he is opening himself up to some big midsection hits. It worries me about him, so i would take hillis all day. His injury last year was a freak occurance when he was trying to make an amazing play.
                Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

Comment

As a power back I'd take Jacobs, but for overall versatility I'll take Hillis

Jacobs can play one position well, HB

Hillis in our offense is playing HB, FB, WR, TE, and then is involved in every special teams formation. I'll take that any day.

Hillis also has a bit more wiggle in his running than does Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs definitely just has the edge of raw run you over power, he's probably #1 in the NFL in that category actually.

Comment

Man that Video never gets old!!!

Comment

I love Peyton Hills as much as the next guy. Put Brandon Jacobs is better he flat out runs over people his YPG are not to bad either. Later down the road if Peyton keeps improving his game he will easy past him Hills is so damm versatile out of backfield... Peyton is scary good!!! :salute!:
                      sigpic

Comment

i think on your team (and a lot of teams) he be 1b, for the simple fact that dwayne bowe is very reminiscent of darius watts! stoneeee hands
                        Naw, Bowe would still be #1 because he can handle double teams and still
                        succeed for sure.
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

i would make a remark about him costing shanahan his job, but i think at this point, shanahan did have to go, so im not that upset about that. i am curious if shanahan is even upset he got fired? he has so many other business things going on now and in a year can take his pick of about a dozen teams who will hire him...
                          Hmmm. I wonder who had more drops than Bowe? Could it be the #1 for the Broncos?

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder who had more drops than Bowe? Could it be the #1 for the Broncos?
                            more drops, while leading the NFL in targeted passes. make sense?

Comment

The same guy who had 200 more yards and 20 more receptions than yours even with one less game and 18 drops.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                                The same guy who had 200 more yards and 20 more receptions than yours even with one less game and 18 drops.
                                http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...-Marshall.html
                                Marshall was targeted 23 more times.

Comment

Working...
                                X