X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...-Marshall.html
    Marshall was targeted 23 more times.
    Okay. Maybe he was open 23 more times. But we did have the player last year though...that player liked to throw it to the receiver...a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      26-24, then.
      Not really fair Sam. That play could have changed the rest of the game in its entirety, and Denver could have won from the upswing in momentum.

As for Hillis or Jacobs, I would probably take Hillis just because of his greater versatility.
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-the-fullbacks

Nice article about Hillis.

For all of those who thought Peyton Hillis was forgotten in our running backs segment, fear not—he essentially has his own briefing as the Broncos' starting fullback.

Hillis broke onto the scene as a rookie in 2008 when he unexpectedly had to fill in at tailback for the Broncos due to a barrage of injuries.

The seventh-round pick out of Arkansas did not disappoint.

Broncos fans knew he was something special when he converted on a key 4th-and-1 against the Cleveland Browns late in the game to keep the Broncos alive for their eventual victory.

Hillis scored five rushing touchdowns in a mere four starts and averaged five yards per carry on 68 touches, totaling 343 yards. The 6'2", 250-pound beast also proved to be very valuable as a receiver, catching 14 passes for 179 yards and a touchdown.

In my humble opinion, Hillis is the most versatile player on the Denver Broncos, and I defy anyone to not be impressed by the kid's YouTube heroics.

Sadly, Hillis' stellar rookie campaign was cut short by a freak hamstring injury he suffered in a 24-17 victory over the rival Kansas City Chiefs, and many NFL analysts felt the Broncos were a more complete offense—a more dangerous offense—with Hillis behind the quarterback.

Hillis is a rising star in this league, and I fully expect him to be a very valuable weapon on the Broncos' offense this year thanks to his ability to run, catch, and block with the best of them. He has great size and great speed (runs a reported 4.58 second 40-yard dash) and plays the game with a chip on his shoulder.

As a rookie, Hillis outperformed his two Razorback teammates Darren McFadden (Raiders) and Felix Jones (Cowboys), who were both first-round draft picks.

Behind Hillis on the Broncos' depth chart is converted linebacker Spencer Larsen, who is also a very versatile player.

Like Hillis, Larsen does just about everything well, except for the fact that his natural position is middle linebacker instead of fullback. He is a great special teams player, and while he may seem like a teddy bear off the field, he is a ferocious hitter on it.

With Hillis and Larsen paving the way for the Broncos' deep crop of running backs, the running game figures to flourish once more for Denver.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          I think Hillis has more upside and versatility. He can become a better RB than Jacobs.
          Thats a bold statement.

Jacobs has had three pretty stellar season. Over the last three seasons he has over 2500 yards and 27 TDs. Thats solid.

Hillis is powerful, quick, and versaltile but young. Jacobs is an established pro that has been killings RBs for a couple years. Experience should be noted.

As a player for overall value for my team, I would go with Jacobs, hands down. He is an overall MONSTER! A beast to match up with, several linebackers have reoccuring nightmares of Jacobs breaking their necks! Jacobs stats also back him up. Hillis is a extremely versital player that runs nice and low, but until I see more, Jacobs is the WINNER!!!

Comment

No need to compare. Both are just part of a commitee. Jacobs was part of a 3 running back set... looks like Peyton will be the same this year. You can't compare commitee backs because you never know how often their team will be in position to use them.

Lets just say they're both huge assets to their teams.

Comment

hillis is a beast did you see him run over that safty pollard was it that was funny watching him sort of fly backwards lol

also laursen i like mainly for that hit on the kick off against kanses i think it was this is why he needs to stay on our special teams squad and carry on doing that next year
              sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Working...
              X