Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannylee
    replied
    hillis is a beast did you see him run over that safty pollard was it that was funny watching him sort of fly backwards lol

also laursen i like mainly for that hit on the kick off against kanses i think it was this is why he needs to stay on our special teams squad and carry on doing that next year

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Beard1
    replied
    No need to compare. Both are just part of a commitee. Jacobs was part of a 3 running back set... looks like Peyton will be the same this year. You can't compare commitee backs because you never know how often their team will be in position to use them.

Lets just say they're both huge assets to their teams.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Fetzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I think Hillis has more upside and versatility. He can become a better RB than Jacobs.
    Thats a bold statement.

Jacobs has had three pretty stellar season. Over the last three seasons he has over 2500 yards and 27 TDs. Thats solid.

Hillis is powerful, quick, and versaltile but young. Jacobs is an established pro that has been killings RBs for a couple years. Experience should be noted.

As a player for overall value for my team, I would go with Jacobs, hands down. He is an overall MONSTER! A beast to match up with, several linebackers have reoccuring nightmares of Jacobs breaking their necks! Jacobs stats also back him up. Hillis is a extremely versital player that runs nice and low, but until I see more, Jacobs is the WINNER!!!

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-the-fullbacks

Nice article about Hillis.

For all of those who thought Peyton Hillis was forgotten in our running backs segment, fear not—he essentially has his own briefing as the Broncos' starting fullback.

Hillis broke onto the scene as a rookie in 2008 when he unexpectedly had to fill in at tailback for the Broncos due to a barrage of injuries.

The seventh-round pick out of Arkansas did not disappoint.

Broncos fans knew he was something special when he converted on a key 4th-and-1 against the Cleveland Browns late in the game to keep the Broncos alive for their eventual victory.

Hillis scored five rushing touchdowns in a mere four starts and averaged five yards per carry on 68 touches, totaling 343 yards. The 6'2", 250-pound beast also proved to be very valuable as a receiver, catching 14 passes for 179 yards and a touchdown.

In my humble opinion, Hillis is the most versatile player on the Denver Broncos, and I defy anyone to not be impressed by the kid's YouTube heroics.

Sadly, Hillis' stellar rookie campaign was cut short by a freak hamstring injury he suffered in a 24-17 victory over the rival Kansas City Chiefs, and many NFL analysts felt the Broncos were a more complete offense—a more dangerous offense—with Hillis behind the quarterback.

Hillis is a rising star in this league, and I fully expect him to be a very valuable weapon on the Broncos' offense this year thanks to his ability to run, catch, and block with the best of them. He has great size and great speed (runs a reported 4.58 second 40-yard dash) and plays the game with a chip on his shoulder.

As a rookie, Hillis outperformed his two Razorback teammates Darren McFadden (Raiders) and Felix Jones (Cowboys), who were both first-round draft picks.

Behind Hillis on the Broncos' depth chart is converted linebacker Spencer Larsen, who is also a very versatile player.

Like Hillis, Larsen does just about everything well, except for the fact that his natural position is middle linebacker instead of fullback. He is a great special teams player, and while he may seem like a teddy bear off the field, he is a ferocious hitter on it.

With Hillis and Larsen paving the way for the Broncos' deep crop of running backs, the running game figures to flourish once more for Denver.

Leave a comment:

• draco193
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    26-24, then.
    Not really fair Sam. That play could have changed the rest of the game in its entirety, and Denver could have won from the upswing in momentum.

As for Hillis or Jacobs, I would probably take Hillis just because of his greater versatility.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...-Marshall.html
    Marshall was targeted 23 more times.
    Okay. Maybe he was open 23 more times. But we did have the player last year though...that player liked to throw it to the receiver...a lot.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    The same guy who had 200 more yards and 20 more receptions than yours even with one less game and 18 drops.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...-Marshall.html
    Marshall was targeted 23 more times.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder who had more drops than Bowe? Could it be the #1 for the Broncos?
    The same guy who had 200 more yards and 20 more receptions than yours even with one less game and 18 drops.

Leave a comment:

• tsiguy96
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder who had more drops than Bowe? Could it be the #1 for the Broncos?
    more drops, while leading the NFL in targeted passes. make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    i think on your team (and a lot of teams) he be 1b, for the simple fact that dwayne bowe is very reminiscent of darius watts! stoneeee hands

i would make a remark about him costing shanahan his job, but i think at this point, shanahan did have to go, so im not that upset about that. i am curious if shanahan is even upset he got fired? he has so many other business things going on now and in a year can take his pick of about a dozen teams who will hire him...

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    i think on your team (and a lot of teams) he be 1b, for the simple fact that dwayne bowe is very reminiscent of darius watts! stoneeee hands
    Naw, Bowe would still be #1 because he can handle double teams and still
    succeed for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I love Peyton Hills as much as the next guy. Put Brandon Jacobs is better he flat out runs over people his YPG are not to bad either. Later down the road if Peyton keeps improving his game he will easy past him Hills is so damm versatile out of backfield... Peyton is scary good!!! :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• biglenny
    replied
    Man that Video never gets old!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    As a power back I'd take Jacobs, but for overall versatility I'll take Hillis

Jacobs can play one position well, HB

Hillis in our offense is playing HB, FB, WR, TE, and then is involved in every special teams formation. I'll take that any day.

Hillis also has a bit more wiggle in his running than does Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs definitely just has the edge of raw run you over power, he's probably #1 in the NFL in that category actually.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBroncoFan
    replied
    i dont like brandon jacobs straight up, standing tall running style. With his height he is opening himself up to some big midsection hits. It worries me about him, so i would take hillis all day. His injury last year was a freak occurance when he was trying to make an amazing play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X