X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
    You are correct in your first point. You don't need a franchise QB to win. To say a franchise QB only has one tool doesn't even make sense. A guy with one tool isn't a franchise QB. To say the only attribute Jay has is a strong arm isn't true. Do you really think Cutler wouldn't have the same odds to be successful in the McDaniel's sytem?

If McD puts together a good defense. The Bronco's can win regardless if Orton or Cutler is QBing.
    Yet Orton won with the Bears having the #21 Defense. And no matter what particular stats you pull out, it doesn't change the basic fact that the Bears D was very bad last year.

And if Cutler has more than one weapon, why haven't the Broncos been able to win with him? Outside of his cannon, just what makes Cutler a "franchise QB?"

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Cutler couldn't gaze in the general direction of elways jock much less carry it. People praise cutler like a god among men but he wasn't really that good. We'll so how good he really is when he doesn't have the best o-line in the league watching his back. A good line will make or break a QB, just ask David Garrard.
    Cutler not half good as Elway I never said that... I dont think he's a god put did make pro bowl and put up good numbers with zero defense this year. O btw, Chicago o-line not that bad put I agree Denver had one of the best in the league. Only thing I see Cutler missing is leadership skills and needs to mature. Cutler more of a Brett Favre then John Elway IMO.
    Last edited by Chillez; 06-25-2009, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Da Swerski
    replied
    Originally posted by IrateBearsFan View Post
    If a team has good weapons like receivers, TEs, and a running game, one does not NEED a franchise QB. A solid team player that has a brain to run the game will win more games and superbowls than a franchise QB with only one tool.
    You are correct in your first point. You don't need a franchise QB to win. To say a franchise QB only has one tool doesn't even make sense. A guy with one tool isn't a franchise QB. To say the only attribute Jay has is a strong arm isn't true. Do you really think Cutler wouldn't have the same odds to be successful in the McDaniel's sytem?

If McD puts together a good defense. The Bronco's can win regardless if Orton or Cutler is QBing.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    orton had about 84% of his career yardage in one year and most of it he was injured....take your trolling to the smack forum.
    He was injured in 2008? And its only 55% not 84.

Leave a comment:

• Da Swerski
    replied
    orton had about 84% of his career yardage in one year and most of it he was injured....take your trolling to the smack forum.
    Kyle Orton has started 33 games to Cutler's 37.

Leave a comment:

• Da Swerski
    replied
    Cutler couldn't gaze in the general direction of elways jock much less carry it. People praise cutler like a god among men but he wasn't really that good. We'll so how good he really is when he doesn't have the best o-line in the league watching his back. A good line will make or break a QB, just ask David Garrard.
    How much better does an O-line look with a mobile QB?

I just don't get why just because Cutler was traded. Suddenly he's a bad leader, and an average QB. I don't think people praise Cutler. He has a good start to a career, and is still young. In the case of Cutler V.s. Orton... it really shouldn't be a discussion. Cutler is one of the elite young QB's in the NFL. If he develops, good for him. If not it sucks for the Bears. Orton is not in the same talent tier as guys like Cutler, Rodgers, Ryan, and Rivers.

Leave a comment:

• IrateBearsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Kyle Orton is not a franchise QB. Jay Cutler on the other hand is and we will regret trading him away closet thing to Elway we've had in years...
    If a team has good weapons like receivers, TEs, and a running game, one does not NEED a franchise QB. A solid team player that has a brain to run the game will win more games and superbowls than a franchise QB with only one tool.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    55% completion
    30TDs and 27INTs
    And 5k total yards.

Cutler had about 84% of Orton's career yards in just one year!!!

And who said Orton is a leader and Cutler is not?

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    Originally posted by Orton_Backer81 View Post
    Has any1 thought of this, Kyle Orton put up good numbers in the “Windy City” and now he comes to the place with what is known as the “Thin Air Phenomenon”. I project Kyle orton to put up the numbers in Denver that Jay Cutler did. I also project Jay Cutler to have a complete meltdown in The Windy City. Jay Cutler is not a leader, Chicago has a third string wide receiver core and coach Smith has done the least in the NFL with the most talent. Kyle Orton is a LEADER first and foremost - the FIELD GENERAL that will lead the troops to victory! Jay Cutler is a spoiled, ivy league pre maddonna! Which would you rather have?!? I want the leader everytime
    55% completion
    30TDs and 27INTs
    And 5k total yards.

Cutler had about 84% of Orton's career yards in just one year!!!

And who said Orton is a leader and Cutler is not?

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Has any1 thought of this, Kyle Orton put up good numbers in the “Windy City” and now he comes to the place with what is known as the “Thin Air Phenomenon”. I project Kyle orton to put up the numbers in Denver that Jay Cutler did. I also project Jay Cutler to have a complete meltdown in The Windy City. Jay Cutler is not a leader, Chicago has a third string wide receiver core and coach Smith has done the least in the NFL with the most talent. Kyle Orton is a LEADER first and foremost - the FIELD GENERAL that will lead the troops to victory! Jay Cutler is a spoiled, ivy league pre maddonna! Which would you rather have?!? I want the leader everytime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_League

Cutler didn't go to an ivy league school so technically it's incorrect to label him as an ivy leaguer. primadonna is fairly accurate but no the ivy league part.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Kyle Orton is not a franchise QB. Jay Cutler on the other hand is and we will regret trading him away closet thing to Elway we've had in years...

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Da Swerski
    replied
    Jay Cutler is a spoiled, ivy league pre maddonna! Which would you rather have?!? I want the leader everytime
    Cutler went to Vanderbilt which is in the SEC, and not an Ivy League school.

Leave a comment:

• since1977
    replied
    This is madness. Jay Cutler...Ivy League? We'll be looking for a franchise qb in a year or two.

Leave a comment:

• Broncbeat
    replied
    :thumb: I like Kyle as well, however the cutler stuff is done here as far as Im concerned. He has his own cross to bare. Besides, theres been to much cutting down both to last forever.

PS I have a Kyle Orton Army Fan Club if you would like to join. It might be a few pages back. I'll update.:orton::go:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X