Kyle Orton is the man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrateBearsFan View Post
    If a team has good weapons like receivers, TEs, and a running game, one does not NEED a franchise QB. A solid team player that has a brain to run the game will win more games and superbowls than a franchise QB with only one tool.
    You are correct in your first point. You don't need a franchise QB to win. To say a franchise QB only has one tool doesn't even make sense. A guy with one tool isn't a franchise QB. To say the only attribute Jay has is a strong arm isn't true. Do you really think Cutler wouldn't have the same odds to be successful in the McDaniel's sytem?

If McD puts together a good defense. The Bronco's can win regardless if Orton or Cutler is QBing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Cutler couldn't gaze in the general direction of elways jock much less carry it. People praise cutler like a god among men but he wasn't really that good. We'll so how good he really is when he doesn't have the best o-line in the league watching his back. A good line will make or break a QB, just ask David Garrard.
      Cutler not half good as Elway I never said that... I dont think he's a god put did make pro bowl and put up good numbers with zero defense this year. O btw, Chicago o-line not that bad put I agree Denver had one of the best in the league. Only thing I see Cutler missing is leadership skills and needs to mature. Cutler more of a Brett Favre then John Elway IMO.
      Last edited by Chillez; 06-25-2009, 06:20 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
        You are correct in your first point. You don't need a franchise QB to win. To say a franchise QB only has one tool doesn't even make sense. A guy with one tool isn't a franchise QB. To say the only attribute Jay has is a strong arm isn't true. Do you really think Cutler wouldn't have the same odds to be successful in the McDaniel's sytem?

If McD puts together a good defense. The Bronco's can win regardless if Orton or Cutler is QBing.
        Yet Orton won with the Bears having the #21 Defense. And no matter what particular stats you pull out, it doesn't change the basic fact that the Bears D was very bad last year.

And if Cutler has more than one weapon, why haven't the Broncos been able to win with him? Outside of his cannon, just what makes Cutler a "franchise QB?"
        "That's a crap question."
        - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
          Yet Orton won with the Bears having the #21 Defense. And no matter what particular stats you pull out, it doesn't change the basic fact that the Bears D was very bad last year.

And if Cutler has more than one weapon, why haven't the Broncos been able to win with him? Outside of his cannon, just what makes Cutler a "franchise QB?"
          But see you make all these points that only favor Cutler. This was posted by another Bronco's fan on this board: The Broncos Defense was ranked 31st in total Yards allowed, 31st in yards allowed per drive, 31st in points allowed per drive, 32nd in Turnovers per drive. By Comparison, the 32nd ranked defense was 0-16, and the 30th Ranked defense was 2-14.

Bronco's defense giving up under 20 points. (4)
          Week 1 - 14 points
          Week 5 - 13 points
          Week 13 - 17 points
          Week 14 - 17 points

Bronco's defense giving up 30+ points. (9)
          Week 2 - 38
          Week 3 - 32
          Week 4 - 33
          Week 7 - 41
          Week 10 - 30
          Week 12 - 31
          Week 15 - 30
          Week 16 - 30
          Week 17 - 52

Bears' defense giving up under 20 points. (5)
          Week 1 - 13 points
          Week 5 - 7 points
          Week 12 - 3 points
          Week 14 - 10 points
          Week 16 - 17 points

Bears' defense giving up 30+ points. (4)
          Week 7 - 41
          Week 11 - 37
          Week 13 - 34
          Week 17 - 31

You say Orton won, but he was only one game better. 9-7 v.s. 8-8. Why was Cutler able to win? Because the Bears defense was no where near as bad as the Bronco's.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
            But see you make all these points that only favor Cutler. This was posted by another Bronco's fan on this board: The Broncos Defense was ranked 31st in total Yards allowed, 31st in yards allowed per drive, 31st in points allowed per drive, 32nd in Turnovers per drive. By Comparison, the 32nd ranked defense was 0-16, and the 30th Ranked defense was 2-14.

Bronco's defense giving up under 20 points. (4)
            Week 1 - 14 points
            Week 5 - 13 points
            Week 13 - 17 points
            Week 14 - 17 points

Bronco's defense giving up 30+ points. (9)
            Week 2 - 38
            Week 3 - 32
            Week 4 - 33
            Week 7 - 41
            Week 10 - 30
            Week 12 - 31
            Week 15 - 30
            Week 16 - 30
            Week 17 - 52

Bears' defense giving up under 20 points. (5)
            Week 1 - 13 points
            Week 5 - 7 points
            Week 12 - 3 points
            Week 14 - 10 points
            Week 16 - 17 points

Bears' defense giving up 30+ points. (4)
            Week 7 - 41
            Week 11 - 37
            Week 13 - 34
            Week 17 - 31

You say Orton won, but he was only one game better. 9-7 v.s. 8-8. Why was Cutler able to win? Because the Bears defense was no where near as bad as the Bronco's.
            The Bears Defense gave away late leads in 3 games - Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta. Along with failing to show up at all in the playoff-deciding season finale in Houston. If the Bears D had done so much as hold a ROOKIE QB WITH 11 SECONDS LEFT, then the Bears would have won the NFC North and made the playoffs.

I know that the Broncos D was worse, but just how many times did they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, like the Bears D did last season?
            "That's a crap question."
            - Kyle Orton

Comment

What a misleading post. Is it just yourself that you are trying to deceive or others as well? For you to try and compare the 16th scoring D to the 30th, is incredibly biased. If you think Orton will do fine, great! Me too. But to say some of the things that you have said about Cutler in this thread is nothing short of absolute falsehood.
              Last edited by username1; 06-25-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                The Bears Defense gave away late leads in 3 games - Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta. Along with failing to show up at all in the playoff-deciding season finale in Houston. If the Bears D had done so much as hold a ROOKIE QB WITH 11 SECONDS LEFT, then the Bears would have won the NFC North and made the playoffs.

I know that the Broncos D was worse, but just how many times did they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, like the Bears D did last season?
                At the same time if Kyle Orton hits a wide open Marty Booker... guess what? Bears win. Kyle Orton missing a wide open Booker on a slant forced the Bears to punt, and give the Carolina O a 2nd chance. Orton also had a shot to put the game away in Tampa and didn't. The Atlanta game was just a horrible melt down on defense.

Though over all your post has no merit. You give up what you give up. The only reason the Bears were able to blow late leads is because they are better then Denver's D. Ya if we give up 30+ as often as the Bronco's. Of course we're not blowing late leads. We're not even in it.

If you honestly don't think the Bears make the playoffs with Cutler instead of Orton last season. Then you've let your hatred for Cutler blind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Orton_Backer81 View Post
                  Has any1 thought of this, Kyle Orton put up good numbers in the “Windy City” and now he comes to the place with what is known as the “Thin Air Phenomenon”. I project Kyle orton to put up the numbers in Denver that Jay Cutler did. I also project Jay Cutler to have a complete meltdown in The Windy City. Jay Cutler is not a leader, Chicago has a third string wide receiver core and coach Smith has done the least in the NFL with the most talent. Kyle Orton is a LEADER first and foremost - the FIELD GENERAL that will lead the troops to victory! Jay Cutler is a spoiled, ivy league pre maddonna! Which would you rather have?!? I want the leader everytime
                  keep telling yourself that.... maybe it will come true

Comment

Has any1 thought of this, Kyle Orton put up good numbers in the “Windy City” and now he comes to the place with what is known as the “Thin Air Phenomenon”. I project Kyle orton to put up the numbers in Denver that Jay Cutler did. I also project Jay Cutler to have a complete meltdown in The Windy City. Jay Cutler is not a leader, Chicago has a third string wide receiver core and coach Smith has done the least in the NFL with the most talent. Kyle Orton is a LEADER first and foremost - the FIELD GENERAL that will lead the troops to victory! Jay Cutler is a spoiled, ivy league pre maddonna! Which would you rather have?!? I want the leader everytime
                    This is a pretty bad start for your first post.
                    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Cutler couldn't gaze in the general direction of elways jock much less carry it. People praise cutler like a god among men but he wasn't really that good. We'll so how good he really is when he doesn't have the best o-line in the league watching his back. A good line will make or break a QB, just ask David Garrard.
                      I like this post... very brutally honest, it reminds me of something I'd say haha.

Comment

You do realize how devastated Jax line was last year, right? They lost three tackles before the season started.
                        That was about as bad a line as you could field. Not anywhere near comparable to what the Bears have. Great Oline's help a QB a lot, but average Olines still do enough to allow QB's to put up good stats. It would take a line like Houston circa early 2000's, or Jax last season to impact a QB in an incredibly negative way.

Comment

take your trolling to the smack forum.
                          really?

Cutler couldn't gaze in the general direction of elways jock much less carry it. People praise cutler like a god among men but he wasn't really that good.
                          ^^^and what was that?^^^
                          sigpic

Comment

Your right!

Damn, we got the raw end of the deal!

Comment

Enjoy the jabs now. The Broncos actual season (reality-not this make believe, hope against hope crud) is not going to be even remotely enjoyable for Bronco fans.

The Offense has went waaaaaaayyyy backwards-Orton is a huge downgrade. Knowshon isn't much of an upgrade. McDaniels isn't a defensive minded coach-and Nolan isn't even respectable as a D coordinator. Dawkins isnt the answer-Champ is fading big time. Tillman with a bad shoulder last season was better a corner (also causes more receivers to drop the ball, because he is one of the hardest hitting corners in the league).

So lets see:

Kyle is moving into a downgraded offense, with the same horrible D and ST then was in Denver last season.

Cutler is moving into an upgraded offense, upgraded defense, and one of the best ST units in football.

Have fun with sharing the AFC Basement with the Raiders (Chiefs really are > you) at least you guys can talk about Romo.
                              sigpic

Comment

You Orton lovers are really waaay out there. Do you ever stop and think why it is that every single nfl scout, gm and coach thinks Cutler is head and shoulders better than Orton?

You twist stats to support your claim and actually convince yourselves of this incredible nonsense.

But nobody who evaluates players for a living agrees with you. Nobody.

Shouldn't that give you pause before you spout off?

I think Orton is an average qb and if MCd isnt fired this year, he may develop as a pretty decent system qb with a year's experience under his belt.

However to actually believe that he is better than Cutler....that's just insane.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X