Kyle Orton is the man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
    I never said we were going 12-4. I'm just not ruling out the possibility. You point out a couple of position changes and that's the end all be all of the team? I don't think so. There is a lot more to it than that. I have no idea how this seasons going to turn out. I will hope for the best, and I certainly won't be writing it down to shove into other peoples faces later.
    That's such a negative way to look at it. Think of it as keeping record to further the maturity process of posters everywhere. If anyone can spout off with whatever nonsense without it ever being pointed out how are they going to grow as a person?

You may have never said we were going to go 12-4, but you rebuked me when I said it was a stretch to claim 12-4 as a sure thing? Are you not then saying 12-4 is more likely than not achieving the mark?

I don't get what your point is I hope for 16-0, and you never know, it may happen, but trying to take as objective a look as I can I can't say I see 12-4 as likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      Knowshon is a HUUUUGE upgrade over what we had last year. Hell, even without proving anything yet, he's an upgrade over 28 starting RBs in the NFL, including Forte.
      LMAO I got to hear and my laughter interrupted me from reading this drivel any further.

Knowshon was no where near the Forte was while both coming out of college. And now he is a clear upgrade over a RB that was third in the league THIRD in all purpose yards, while being the entire offensive showcase.

lets have a looksie at what thir final college seasons looked like shall we?

Matt Forte
      2127 rsh yds 23 td

Knowshon Moreno

1400 rsh yds 16 td

Knowshon is slower, and less explosive then Forte-there is absolutely nothing in Moreno's game that is even up to the same level as Forte's.

Knowshon Moreno has less talent in every measurable-including performance then Matt Forte.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      Ok lol. Right. We win at least 10 games. Easy. 12-4 is my prediction.
      10 wins, easy 12 over 4 seasons-Accurate predictions!
      Last edited by ursamajor; 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jakeisthefuture View Post
        Did you even watch a Broncos game over the past two seasons? Cutler WAS in their class. He was in the probowl. PROBOWL....
        God this message board is full of a bunch of freaking morons.
        With this joke of a coaching staff my beloved Broncos will be much closer to 4-12 than 12-4.
        Wow. The great Jay Cutler was in the Pro Bowl. And Titans journeyman QB Kerry Collins was right there with him.

And what did the great and powerful Jay Cutler do once he got to the Pro Bowl? Completed 7 of 15 passes (46.7%) for 48 yds (3.2 YPA), 0 TDs, and 1 INT for a passer rating of 26.5. Wow! Jay is incredible!

BTW, journeyman QB Kerry Collins - in the twilight of his career - managed a very respectable 82.1 passer rating in the Pro Bowl.

I'd stop pointing to his Pro Bowl selection (a popularity contest) as "proof" that Jay is an elite QB, because he really stunk it up in that game...
        "That's a crap question."
        - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
          Wow. The great Jay Cutler was in the Pro Bowl. And Titans journeyman QB Kerry Collins was right there with him.

And what did the great and powerful Jay Cutler do once he got to the Pro Bowl? Completed 7 of 15 passes (46.7%) for 48 yds (3.2 YPA), 0 TDs, and 1 INT for a passer rating of 26.5. Wow! Jay is incredible!

BTW, journeyman QB Kerry Collins - in the twilight of his career - managed a very respectable 82.1 passer rating in the Pro Bowl.

I'd stop pointing to his Pro Bowl selection (a popularity contest) as "proof" that Jay is an elite QB, because he really stunk it up in that game...
          Are you really trying to use Pro Bowl numbers to say Jay isn't good? LOL......

I am not sure why anyone takes a bandwagon fan like you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by username1 View Post
            That's such a negative way to look at it. Think of it as keeping record to further the maturity process of posters everywhere. If anyone can spout off with whatever nonsense without it ever being pointed out how are they going to grow as a person?

You may have never said we were going to go 12-4, but you rebuked me when I said it was a stretch to claim 12-4 as a sure thing? Are you not then saying 12-4 is more likely than not achieving the mark?

I don't get what your point is I hope for 16-0, and you never know, it may happen, but trying to take as objective a look as I can I can't say I see 12-4 as likely.
            I agree with you. Claiming 12-4 is a sure thing is defiantly a poor way to take a stance. The problem with predicting outcomes is that there are too many hidden variables to take into consideration. Who knows what the state of the NFL is going to be in week 8. My comments are not directed at you in specific, more so they are directed at the people claiming specific circumstances. I'm a fighter by nature, so my opinion is that if you are down you get up and keep fighting. You don't stay down waiting for the bell to ring. It doesn't mean you win the fight. It just means you never gave up.

That's all I'm trying to say.
            Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Don't worry jhns I don't think anyone does...

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                Are you really trying to use Pro Bowl numbers to say Jay isn't good? LOL......

I am not sure why anyone takes a bandwagon fan like you seriously.
                Oh, so jakeisthefuture can point at the fact that Jay Cutler went to the Pro Bowl as "proof" he's an elite QB, but a gawd-awful performance there can't be even considered?

No wonder no one takes trolling bashers like you seriously...

:orton:
                Don't hate on the 8!
                "That's a crap question."
                - Kyle Orton

Comment

Oh, so jakeisthefuture can point at the fact that Jay Cutler went to the Pro Bowl as "proof" he's an elite QB, but a gawd-awful performance there can't be even considered?

Don't hate on the 8!
                  The Pro Bowl is not a real game. They don't prepare for it, he doesn't have his receivers, they just get off vacation, and you didn't watch it. If you had, you would know that Jay was getting hit within 1 1/2 seconds on almost every play because the tackles couldn't stop a pillow from blowing through the line.

You are funny though. Keep up the Pro Bowl smack. It is entertaining to say the least.

Making it to the Pro Bowl is an accomplishment from the actual seasons performance. That is the difference. You will learn this one day. The Pro Bowl doesn't even count for anything.

Comment

Don't hate on the 8!
                    dude pro bowls mean has much as the last day of school.... nobody cares!

Comment

it's always better not to argue with dennis (just a little hint). The point of an argument is to win it, it won't happen with dennis.

Just smile and nod you're head when he says something you dont like.
                      Chicago Bears- Hey our fans aren't stupid, just insane

Comment

Being one of the best 4 qbs in your league over an entire season is how you get into the probowl.

Stats in an exhibition game are worthless.

------

Is this what Cutler-haters have been reduced to....looking at exhibition game numbers? Why not throw preseason in....it means more than probowl.

Earning a spot in the probowl over a 16 game season means something. Orton is a turd and always has been. In his (your) wettest and wildest he has never sniffed a probowl nod.
                        sigpic
                        RomperRoom McD was an abortion of a hire - Ahead of the curve since 1/12/09

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
                          I agree with you. Claiming 12-4 is a sure thing is defiantly a poor way to take a stance. The problem with predicting outcomes is that there are too many hidden variables to take into consideration. Who knows what the state of the NFL is going to be in week 8. My comments are not directed at you in specific, more so they are directed at the people claiming specific circumstances. I'm a fighter by nature, so my opinion is that if you are down you get up and keep fighting. You don't stay down waiting for the bell to ring. It doesn't mean you win the fight. It just means you never gave up.

That's all I'm trying to say.
                          Very true. I am in no way saying throw in the towel, just saying keep the expectations realistic and then you may get surprised during the course of the year. You can change the fate of your franchise very quickly, with the right moves, in the NFL. Dolphins, Ravens, Falcons are all examples from last year. Or you could stay the laughing stock of the division for years with the wrongs ones, Bengals, Browns, Lions, 9ers, Rams etc... I hope that the Broncos have success, just waiting to see how things unfold.

To be fair though, I am not and never have been a fan of the way Belicheck did things in NE, and I am hoping that the Broncos don't lose any of their identity as a franchise, to become West New England.

Comment

Being one of the best 4 qbs in your league over an entire season is how you get into the probowl.

------

Is this what Cutler-haters have been reduced to....looking at exhibition game numbers? Why not throw preseason in....it means more than probowl.

Earning a spot in the probowl over a 16 game season means something. Orton is a turd and always has been. In his (your) wettest and wildest he has never sniffed a probowl nod.
                            Having a former coach who caters to your every whim, and builds the entire team around you at the sacrifice of the defense, and special teams helps too. Gosh now if he could have just made it into the playoffs once in that times span we would still have Shanny, and we would be right back where we started last season. Good call. I guess the bears will have to enjoy their "Pro Bowl" QB in a system that hasn't given a quarterback the time of day in 2 decades.
                            Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Did you even watch a Broncos game over the past two seasons? Cutler WAS in their class. He was in the probowl. PROBOWL....

God this message board is full of a bunch of freaking morons.
                              With this joke of a coaching staff my beloved Broncos will be much closer to 4-12 than 12-4.
                              OMG OMG PROBOWL!!!111!!!!

God shut up, you're obviously one of these "morons"

Probowl mean absolutely NOTHING.

Sure its cool when your team's players are in it and all, and sometimes they're deserving, but we all know Cutler shouldn't have been in the Pro Bowl last year.

Shoulda been Rivers instead.

Oh and, this is probably one of the best coaching staffs we've ever had..

HC Josh McDaniels

OC Mike McCoy

RB Bobby Turner

WR Adam Gase

TE don't recal his name but he was most recently SDs TE coach

OL rick Dennison

DC mike nolan

DL wayne nunnely (Chargers DL coach for past 12 years)

LB Don Martindale (Raiders LB coach past 5 years)

DB Ed Donatel (our DB coach during SB years)

ST Mike Priefer

Comment

------

Its not just "Being the best". Look at Simon Fletcher. He deserved some PB aperence but was denied. There for its also a poularity contest for the year. PB has no bearing on stating someone is an elite QB. Ive heard alot of people try to use that as a reason.:orton:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X