Kyle Orton is the man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeisthefuture View Post
    Troll? Because I disagree with you? Because I can read between the lines and see that McD is not even close to being ready to be a head coach of an NFL team?

This hire stinks....reeks....We are in for a couple of long years until we fire him...meanwhile we will be losing ground and losing our place as one of the 10 best franchises in pro football.
    It's not a matter of agreeing with me. I didn't like the coaching last year. That doesn't mean I'm a huge fan of the coaching this year. I support the change that is all.

It's when you make these sensationalist claims with no facts, or supporting evidence to back them up. Like this one as an example.

This RomperRoom group won't win over 8 games in any season.
    The insults don't help your cause either. I understand your sentiment, just not your approach.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      Are you happy enough that we've won two Superbowls that you don't think we need anymore?

Over the last few seasons at the very least we've been treading water. At most we've been heading downhill. Judging from last year's defense, which do you think it is?
      I have said that I personally would have given Shanny one more year (due to injuries at RB) BUT I have no problem with the decision to fire him. Those inside know a lot more than me about Shanny's relationship with players, ect ect.

I did, however, HATE our hire from Day 1.

1) He is not ready and too young. He has done nothing to prove that from day 1.
      2) I don't like the "NE way." This is perhaps the #1 reason we trade a probowl QB for a turd and handled it like 3 year old trying to juggle chainsaws.
      sigpic
      RomperRoom McD was an abortion of a hire - Ahead of the curve since 1/12/09

Comment

Because I can read between the lines and see that McD is not even close to being ready to be a head coach of an NFL team?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
          The Pro Bowl is not a real game. They don't prepare for it, he doesn't have his receivers, they just get off vacation, and you didn't watch it. If you had, you would know that Jay was getting hit within 1 1/2 seconds on almost every play because the tackles couldn't stop a pillow from blowing through the line.
          Wow, so it's not a real game. That's the reason Jay was the worst QB on the field that day? Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner, and Eli Manning weren't able to prepare for the game and didn't have their receivers either - but they managed not to embarass themselves out there. If Jay is really "Pro Bowl QB" then he ought to be able to do about as well as the rest of the QBs on that field. But he didn't. He was HORRIBLE.

Jay had better get used to having " tackles couldn't stop a pillow from blowing through the line," because that's what Chicago's line is like. Looks like it's going to be a rough year in Chicago for Jay.

You are funny though. Keep up the Pro Bowl smack. It is entertaining to say the least.
          Just as long as you (and others) keep insisting that Jay is a "franchise QB" simply because he was selected for the Pro Bowl. It's really hilarious when you follow that up with "it's not a real game." If that's true, then why does being selected for it prove anything?

Making it to the Pro Bowl is an accomplishment from the actual seasons performance. That is the difference. You will learn this one day. The Pro Bowl doesn't even count for anything.
          The "actual season's performance" doesn't mean anything in being picked - it's a popularity contest, plain and simple. Of course, the "actual season's performance" does factor into the coaches decision about the depth chart. That's why Jay was the AFC's #3 QB behind Kerry Collins...

:orton:
          Don't hate on the 8!
          "That's a crap question."
          - Kyle Orton

Comment

I have said that I personally would have given Shanny one more year (due to injuries at RB) BUT I have no problem with the decision to fire him. Those inside know a lot more than me about Shanny's relationship with players, ect ect.

I did, however, HATE our hire from Day 1.

1) He is not ready and too young. He has done nothing to prove that from day 1.
            2) I don't like the "NE way." This is perhaps the #1 reason we trade a probowl QB for a turd and handled it like 3 year old trying to juggle chainsaws.
            Hmm?
            The guy has not proven anything yet, has he?
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
              Wow, so it's not a real game. That's the reason Jay was the worst QB on the field that day? Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner, and Eli Manning weren't able to prepare for the game and didn't have their receivers either - but they managed not to embarass themselves out there. If Jay is really "Pro Bowl QB" then he ought to be able to do about as well as the rest of the QBs on that field. But he didn't. He was HORRIBLE.

Jay had better get used to having " tackles couldn't stop a pillow from blowing through the line," because that's what Chicago's line is like. Looks like it's going to be a rough year in Chicago for Jay.

Just as long as you (and others) keep insisting that Jay is a "franchise QB" simply because he was selected for the Pro Bowl. It's really hilarious when you follow that up with "it's not a real game." If that's true, then why does being selected for it prove anything?

The "actual season's performance" doesn't mean anything in being picked - it's a popularity contest, plain and simple. Of course, the "actual season's performance" does factor into the coaches decision about the depth chart. That's why Jay was the AFC's #3 QB behind Kerry Collins...

Don't hate on the 8!
              2 problems

1) Chi Oline did alright last year, middle of the pack. They also upgraded it assuming Pace stays healthy.

2) Jay was the #3 behind Kerry because he gave up the #2 voluntarily due to Kerry's vet status.

Comment

Originally posted by since1977 View Post
                This is madness. Jay Cutler...Ivy League? We'll be looking for a franchise qb in a year or two.
                and coach....

Comment

Don't hate on the 8!
                  See, again showing that you don't know what you are talking about. Jay was only the #3 QB because he stepped aside for Collins to be #2. HE was the one that moved himself to #3. Otherwise it goes off of votes smart guy. He was being nice to an older veteran that had finally made it.

Look at the QB's you just showed. See the difference? Jay has been in the league 3 seasons and played 2. You are complaining because he didn't play like the 10 year vets when thrown into a random game situation. LOL......

I have never insisted he was a franchise QB because of the pro bowl. I have insisted that he is a franchise QB because I actually watch football and I have watched every one of his games. I have also watched many others play the game. Jay is a very good QB and everyone that gets to break down game film says so. Nobody says Orton is a better QB. You just fell in love with some player and now think he is the greatest thing to walk the Earth. It is kind of funny and is exactly what I used to do with my role models as a little kid.

Comment

Originally posted by IrateBearsFan View Post
                    If a team has good weapons like receivers, TEs, and a running game, one does not NEED a franchise QB. A solid team player that has a brain to run the game will win more games and superbowls than a franchise QB with only one tool.
                    I think it's a team with a solid defense that does not need an elite QB

Comment

• I admire Kyle Orton's effort to learn the offense and improve our chances this season. He won't leave Denver during the vacation period, he will be at the complex working out, bonding with other players and studying the system. The same goes for Chris Simms.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        See, again showing that you don't know what you are talking about. Jay was only the #3 QB because he stepped aside for Collins to be #2. HE was the one that moved himself to #3. Otherwise it goes off of votes smart guy. He was being nice to an older veteran that had finally made it.
                        The decision was the coach's, not the voting fans or the players themselves.

Look at the QB's you just showed. See the difference? Jay has been in the league 3 seasons and played 2. You are complaining because he didn't play like the 10 year vets when thrown into a random game situation. LOL......
                        So...

What you're saying is that even though Jay is a "franchise QB" (as proved by his Pro Bowl selection) that it's unreasonable to expect even a mediocre performance out of him in anything but a very favorable situation? Don't expect the "franchise QB" to be able to deal with adversity? Or raise his level of play to what the situation demands?

WOW. Just... ...wow...

I have never insisted he was a franchise QB because of the pro bowl. I have insisted that he is a franchise QB because I actually watch football and I have watched every one of his games. I have also watched many others play the game. Jay is a very good QB and everyone that gets to break down game film says so. Nobody says Orton is a better QB. You just fell in love with some player and now think he is the greatest thing to walk the Earth. It is kind of funny and is exactly what I used to do with my role models as a little kid.
                        But jakeisthefuture DID insist that he was in the same class as P. Manning, Brees, Brady and Favre (that is, a "franchise QB") simply because he was a "Pro Bowl QB." If you don't agree, then why did you jump into the discussion on his side?

Jay is more physically talented than Kyle. Apparently that's all you see in your contention that "everyone who breaks down game film agrees that Jay is a better QB than Kyle."

However, Kyle does have some not inconsiderable talents of his own. And he's smart enough to know how to use them successfully within an offensive system. Jay just doesn't match up at all with Kyle as far as the mental aspect of the game goes. That's where KO levels the playing field and then some. Kyle reads Defenses much better, can audible well at scrimmage, checks down quickly, uses the pocket effectively and is willing to take what a D gives him rather than force a bad play. I hardly expect Cutler to learn those things now with a chucklehead of an Offensive Coordinator (Turner) and a totally unqualified joke of a QB coach (Hamilton)...

Don't hate on the 8!
                        "That's a crap question."
                        - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeisthefuture View Post
                          Did you even watch a Broncos game over the past two seasons? Cutler WAS in their class. He was in the probowl. PROBOWL....

God this message board is full of a bunch of freaking morons.
                          With this joke of a coaching staff my beloved Broncos will be much closer to 4-12 than 12-4.
                          Vince Young was in a pro bowl. So was Mike Vick.
                          XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                            I think it's a team with a solid defense that does not need an elite QB
                            I think that an elite QB is determined by the team that surrounds him.
                            XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                              I think that an elite QB is determined by the team that surrounds him.
                              I think it helps, but an elite QB is bolster the team that is around him more than an elite team would bolster a below average QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                                The decision was the coach's, not the voting fans or the players themselves.
                                Wrong. You do not even know what you are talking about and you insist on going on about it. I guess I wouldn't expect any less from you at this point though.

So...

What you're saying is that even though Jay is a "franchise QB" (as proved by his Pro Bowl selection) that it's unreasonable to expect even a mediocre performance out of him in anything but a very favorable situation? Don't expect the "franchise QB" to be able to deal with adversity? Or raise his level of play to what the situation demands?

WOW. Just... ...wow...
                                No, what I am saying is that the game doesn't mean anything and you are trying to use Pro Bowl smack. You are also saying that because Jay didn't play as good as Manning in the pro bowl that it shows Orton is better than him.... LOL..... That is some pretty funny stuff.

Pro Bowl smack? Really? LOL....

How exactly did Orton do in this last Pro Bowl? He didn't play in it you say? Hmmm. Way to help your argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X