• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoInHeaven
    replied
    Yes HE is.

Originally posted by Orton_Backer81 View Post
    Has any1 thought of this, Kyle Orton put up good numbers in the “Windy City” and now he comes to the place with what is known as the “Thin Air Phenomenon”. I project Kyle orton to put up the numbers in Denver that Jay Cutler did. I also project Jay Cutler to have a complete meltdown in The Windy City. Jay Cutler is not a leader, Chicago has a third string wide receiver core and coach Smith has done the least in the NFL with the most talent. Kyle Orton is a LEADER first and foremost - the FIELD GENERAL that will lead the troops to victory! Jay Cutler is a spoiled, ivy league pre maddonna! Which would you rather have?!? I want the leader everytime
    Orton.:orton:

Leave a comment:

• Da Swerski
    replied
    Jay Cutler is 17-20

Kyle Orton is 33-31

Kyle Orton is a leader, a winner and a class act to put up with some of the worst coaching in NFL history. Coach Smith had the wrong quarterback in the superbowl! Coach Smith did the least with the most talent, and thats a fact! If he had Kyle Orton in as QB THEY WOULD HAVE WON! There, I said it when no one else even thought of it.
    You are out of your mind if you think Orton had any business starting the Super Bowl. He was not ready at that time. You can't argue the winner aspect because the Bears did win with Rex. Orton and Rex have similar career numbers and similar records as starters for the Bears.

Also your record for Orton is way off. 33 wins + 31 losses = 64 games. He's 21-12 as the Bears starter. I still don't know why people argue about records all the time. Cutler is 13-1 when the Bronco's hold a defense under 20 points. The only loss was when Green Bay scored on the first play of overtime. Cutler and Orton can win when the defense does their job, but then again most QB's win in those situations.

Without a doubt you'd like to look at your QB and see a winning record because it means the team won, but it's hard to put the record only on him. If the Broncos defense for some reason were horrible this year. Do you think Orton would take you to the playoffs? It's unlikely. Just like if the Bears suck on defense Cutler isn't going either.

Honestly if I'm a Bronco's fan. I look at his 18 TD's and 12 INT's last season and am more excited about that then his starting record. You have to figure his INT's will stay in the same range, but he's got more scoring threats. If he can hit 20+ TD's and keep his INT's in the 10-15 range. That will matter more then 21-12. Because that's good production for a starter.

Originally posted by odd_thomas View Post
    Orton in his rookie season was voted a team captain, so he does have good leadership skills.
    Orton was not voted team captain in 2005. He wasn't voted one till 2008.
    Last edited by Da Swerski; 06-28-2009, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pura Vida
    replied
    Originally posted by orton_24 View Post
    bears defense last year ranked 21st overall and the orton led bears went 9-7
    they were 21st in yards..but they were 16th in points which was the stat I used when I made my point.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt EVERY quarterback a team captain?

I'm not dismissing the importance of leadership, but I'm dumbfounded by people acting like Orton is a better leader than Cutler. I'm just wondering where they are getting that information from.
    No, every quarterback is not a captain.

You really need to find a course in Football 101 . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    Originally posted by odd_thomas View Post
    Sigh. Orton's carrer completion percentage is 55.3%. That includes his rookie year when he was immediately thrown into play. In 05 it was 51.6, in 07 it was 53.8 and in 08 it was 58.5 (+2.2 and +4.7). Every year his % has gotten better as well as his rating. Completion percentage is also reliant on the people being thrown to being able to catch and quoting % does not take this into account.
    "Most quarterbacks can do that throwing with their foot to a blind circus monkey." Hyperbole is not an intellegent way to foster a discussion. Orton's rating was 59.7 in 05, 73.9 in 07 and 79.6 in 08. Every year it increased (+14.2 and +5.7). Also if you look at his completion percentage and his rating through the first 8 games in 08 (before his injury) they are much better. He had a 61.587 (+9.987 from his rookie year) completion percentage and an 89.925 (+30.225 from his rookie year) quarterback rating.
    Leadership IS important and dismissing it's importance is foolish. Orton in his rookie season was voted a team captain, so he does have good leadership skills. He is also a very hard worker. He is not taking off over the break before training camp, instead staying in Dove valley to try and make he and the Broncos better.:orton:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt EVERY quarterback a team captain?

I'm not dismissing the importance of leadership, but I'm dumbfounded by people acting like Orton is a better leader than Cutler. I'm just wondering where they are getting that information from.

Leave a comment:

• odd_thomas
    replied
    hyperbole

Are you serious? So quarterbacks dont need to complete passes anymore? Just as long as they have leadership huh? 55% completion rating is F-ing horrible. Most quarterbacks can do that throwing with their foot to a blind circus monkey. That's roughly 1 in 2 passes being incompletions. Are you happy with that?

But yeah, 2 different systems. Cant compare them. So with that said, Eric Hipple >> John Elway. You cant argue that because hey they were in different systems, on different team with different coaches.

And where does everyone get that Orton is such a better leader than Cutler?
    Sigh. Orton's carrer completion percentage is 55.3%. That includes his rookie year when he was immediately thrown into play. In 05 it was 51.6, in 07 it was 53.8 and in 08 it was 58.5 (+2.2 and +4.7). Every year his % has gotten better as well as his rating. Completion percentage is also reliant on the people being thrown to being able to catch and quoting % does not take this into account.
    "Most quarterbacks can do that throwing with their foot to a blind circus monkey." Hyperbole is not an intellegent way to foster a discussion. Orton's rating was 59.7 in 05, 73.9 in 07 and 79.6 in 08. Every year it increased (+14.2 and +5.7). Also if you look at his completion percentage and his rating through the first 8 games in 08 (before his injury) they are much better. He had a 61.587 (+9.987 from his rookie year) completion percentage and an 89.925 (+30.225 from his rookie year) quarterback rating.
    Leadership IS important and dismissing it's importance is foolish. Orton in his rookie season was voted a team captain, so he does have good leadership skills. He is also a very hard worker. He is not taking off over the break before training camp, instead staying in Dove valley to try and make he and the Broncos better.:orton:
    Last edited by odd_thomas; 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    Where did I say Orton is a better leader than Cutler?

Where did I ever say I wanted to compare the two quarterbacks?

Who are you, anyway?

-----
    I posted the stats and you said something about not being able to compare the two because stats dont comprise leadership or something like that.

And I am your father.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Are you serious? So quarterbacks dont need to complete passes anymore? Just as long as they have leadership huh? 55% completion rating is F-ing horrible. Most quarterbacks can do that throwing with their foot to a blind circus monkey. That's roughly 1 in 2 passes being incompletions. Are you happy with that?

But yeah, 2 different systems. Cant compare them. So with that said, Eric Hipple >> John Elway. You cant argue that because hey they were in different systems, on different team with different coaches.

Where did I say Orton is a better leader than Cutler?

Where did I ever say I wanted to compare the two quarterbacks?

Who are you, anyway?

-----

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    What a silly, asinine comparison! Comparing the stats between two different
    players from two different teams in two different conferences under two
    different coaches in two different systems.

Besides, when do completion ration, TDs, INTs, and yards comprise leadership?

Wow.

-----

Leave a comment:

• orton_24
    replied
    Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
    None of those qbs have a winning career record when their defense was ranked 20th or lower. No qb in the history of the nfl has a winning record when their defense is ranked 20th or lower.

Last year denver had the 31st best defense. the 32nd best defense went 0-16. the 30th best defense went 2-14. The fact that we went 8-8 is because we had an excellent offense with a top 5 qb in the nfl (those arent my words, there John Elway's)

Cutler carried this team last year. No qb in the history of the game would have had a winning record over the last two years with a defense as bad as ours. History proves that to be true.
    bears defense last year ranked 21st overall and the orton led bears went 9-7

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by saphire1 View Post
    rofl!

if kyle orton had gone to jerry angelo's face and went TRADE ME! LOVIE IS NOT GOOD FOR MY CAREER! angelo would have died laughing at orton's neckbeard.

he put up with it because he has nowhere else to go. wake up and smell the why do you think it wasnt a straight trade one on one cutler for orton?! cutler alone fetched 2 guys PLUS your boyfriend. Your boyfriend ALONE would have probably fetched a 4th rounder at best.

oh, and last i checked, that "worst coaching in NFL history" led the team to the super bowl in 2006. broncos? john elway was like 35 years old or so when they last went to the sb.

This board is breaking down to where nobody seems to be making any sense . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

• saphire1
    replied
    Jay Cutler is 17-20

Kyle Orton is 33-31

Kyle Orton is a leader, a winner and a class act to put up with some of the worst coaching in NFL history.
    rofl!

if kyle orton had gone to jerry angelo's face and went TRADE ME! LOVIE IS NOT GOOD FOR MY CAREER! angelo would have died laughing at orton's neckbeard.

he put up with it because he has nowhere else to go. wake up and smell the why do you think it wasnt a straight trade one on one cutler for orton?! cutler alone fetched 2 guys PLUS your boyfriend. Your boyfriend ALONE would have probably fetched a 4th rounder at best.

oh, and last i checked, that "worst coaching in NFL history" led the team to the super bowl in 2006. broncos? john elway was like 35 years old or so when they last went to the sb.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    55% completion
    30TDs and 27INTs
    And 5k total yards.

Cutler had about 84% of Orton's career yards in just one year!!!

And who said Orton is a leader and Cutler is not?
    What a silly, asinine comparison! Comparing the stats between two different
    players from two different teams in two different conferences under two
    different coaches in two different systems.

Besides, when do completion ration, TDs, INTs, and yards comprise leadership?

Wow.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Orton_Backer81
    replied
    Originally posted by Horsense View Post
    lol ivy league
    Ivy league enough for me. I mean look at this guy, he has rich and spoiled tatooed on his face. Rich, spoiled crybaby's are not leaders.

Leave a comment:

• Orton_Backer81
    replied
    Originally posted by saphire1 View Post
    right, because 1 win more than cutler last season was a huuuuuuuuugggeeee difference.
    Jay Cutler is 17-20

Kyle Orton is 33-31

Kyle Orton is a leader, a winner and a class act to put up with some of the worst coaching in NFL history. Coach Smith had the wrong quarterback in the superbowl! Coach Smith did the least with the most talent, and thats a fact! If he had Kyle Orton in as QB THEY WOULD HAVE WON! There, I said it when no one else even thought of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X