Article - "The Myth of the Short Cornerback"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [B
    Pure Hater[/B];2796825]I think mCD would have gotten a mulligan year, but he potentially lost it with his head scratching decisions. If the following happens- Mcd is done after one.

1. Denver goes 4-12 or worse
    2. Cutler gets the bears into the playoffs or makes the pro bowl.
    3. Seattle ends up with a top 5 pick.

I dont see how even those with the massive mcd man crushes could not call for him to be fired if this happens.
    All your hopin' and prayin' won't make it happen - Your name should be "Pure Hater" and its gonna suck being you when McDaniels succeeds here LOL

Comment

Youre a moron. If you have read any of my posts Ive said time and time again that I pray and hope I am wrong. If McDaniels succeeds I'll be the happiest crow eatin so.b. on these boards.

learn how to read.

Also, please quit quoting dragster. This board has been such a more pleasant place since I placed him on my ignore list.

Now you can go back to your private closet with your picture of the coach. I promise, you wont get hair on your palms.
      sigpic

Comment

One dimension not mentioned here is CB play against the run. While Smith may be short-ish, his run-D tackling skills are solid. So, Ive said it once and Ill say it again:

Id rather have a shorter CB with solid, consistent tackling skills rather than a taller CB who lacks this ability.

Comment

If tall corners are what every team needs, why isnt Lenny Walls still on the squad.....? He was the tallest corner in the NFL 5-6 years back.
          Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
            One dimension not mentioned here is CB play against the run. While Smith may be short-ish, his run-D tackling skills are solid. So, Ive said it once and Ill say it again:

Id rather have a shorter CB with solid, consistent tackling skills rather than a taller CB who lacks this ability.
            The biggest knock on smith other than his height, substandard 40 or avg vertical was his poor tackling. Do some of you guys just make this stuff up as you go?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
              The biggest knock on smith other than his height, substandard 40 or avg vertical was his poor tackling. Do some of you guys just make this stuff up as you go?
              It appears that they do! It is kind of like Cutler before McDaniel was "a God" and now "he sucks". Now Orton is supposedly better then Cutler, McDaniel is better then Shanahan and Smith can tackle.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sequence View Post

I LOL'd...you do realize that when a 215+ lb back meets a 180 lb small corner, he's gonna get run over right? One of the huge knocks on him besides the size, poor vert, and slow speed, was his inability to knock receivers off their routes...how do you expect him to be out in the open field? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by OTF View Post
                  It appears that they do! It is kind of like Cutler before McDaniel was "a God" and now "he sucks". Now Orton is supposedly better then Cutler, McDaniel is better then Shanahan and Smith can tackle.
                  Seriously, go away and take Vida with you. Why are you here and not in the smack section? Way to stay on point, by the way. What a goof.

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
                    Youre a moron. If you have read any of my posts Ive said time and time again that I pray and hope I am wrong. If McDaniels succeeds I'll be the happiest crow eatin so.b. on these boards.

learn how to read.

Also, please quit quoting dragster. This board has been such a more pleasant place since I placed him on my ignore list.

Now you can go back to your private closet with your picture of the coach. I promise, you wont get hair on your palms.
                    Whoa Dude ??? Sounds like the voice of personal experience and WAAAAAAAAY too much time(?) on your hands. Let's keep your personal habits out of it - TOO MUCH INFO - LOL :go:

Comment

Working...
                    X