• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    Exactly

Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
    you mean something like this?
    I expected nothing less than this from someone called ursa major.

Rod is such a stud.

A middle school principal I worked with in ABQ, Weldon Ford, who was a great athlete himself, from Wagon Mound, I think, had a great bear story, too.

It was probably in the fifties and Weldon used to ref boxing matches. He and some friends were driving from Las Vegas, NM to a match in Taos through Mora, very mountainous. It was night and they apparently hit a black bear cub on the road (probably unpaved at the time). The bear was stunned, but not dead, so they put him in the trunk. By the time they got to Taos, the bear had clawed through to the back seat, which worried Weldon ... somewhat. They stopped at a drive-in, got the bear a couple of cheeseburgers and a milk shake and turned him loose.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    wasnt it a weight loss substance?
    Yes. But our linemen need weight gain substances.

Leave a comment:

• ursamajor
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    That can't be good.

I was hoping for something like fighting wild animals with bare hands opposed SPCA and PETA.

Or ... appearances on The Deadliest Warrior.
    you mean something like this?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Banned performance enhancing substances

That can't be good.

I was hoping for something like fighting wild animals with bare hands opposed SPCA and PETA.

Or ... appearances on The Deadliest Warrior.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    wasnt it a weight loss substance?

Leave a comment:

• ursamajor
    replied
    Could you be more specific?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Pat Williams uses banned training methods. You sure you want Everette to follow the same suit?
    Could you be more specific?

Leave a comment:

• ursamajor
    replied
    Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
    I haven't see this posted anywhere. It says on the Denver site Everette Pedescleaux is off back to Minnesota to train with Pat Williams before camp. This is a smart move because he is learning from one of the best run stuffers in the whole league. Does anybody agree :go:
    Pat Williams uses banned training methods. You sure you want Everette to follow the same suit?

Leave a comment:

• Filmoetonyc
    replied
    I think they have the same agent, Angelo Wright. Its looks like he's has all the NT. Pat Williams, Ted Washington, Sam Adams and Grady Jackson. He might have saw the sam thing in Everette Pedescleaux. I wonder how these agents think!

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Yeah I read this the other day. He'd better be paying attention! Pat Williams is a BEAST.

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied
    Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
    I haven't see this posted anywhere. It says on the Denver site Everette Pedescleaux is off back to Minnesota to train with Pat Williams before camp. This is a smart move because he is learning from one of the best run stuffers in the whole league. Does anybody agree :go:
    I saw that yesterday. Great for him! :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Frank Beamer.......smarty pants!!!!!

What do you mean "ST one for his B-Day"? What is ST?
    Oh, well Frank Beamer coaches the Special Teams at Va.Tech. inaddition to being the HC.

My friend is the Head Coach I used to work with. He played at Richmond and ended his career on the field at Blacksburg in '68. I think.

Just so happens Frank was a DB on the field that day for Tech. My buddy was a receiver for the Spiders.

I thought it would be amusing to give him a Va.Tech./Frank Beamer ST DVD for his B-Day. Kind of like saying, "Here, have a gift from your good old down-state buddy, and by the way, do some thing about kick coverage."

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    YouTube? Contact Frank Beamer? He has some good DVDs. Got a friend of mine the ST one for his B-Day last year.

I saw it on one of the sports channels last Summer. It was after the draft, so I could really zero in on Carlton and Eddie.
    Frank Beamer.......smarty pants!!!!!

What do you mean "ST one for his B-Day"? What is ST?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I will have to do that. I'd probably get to see a little of Eddie Royal too. Do you know how I could view it?
    YouTube? Contact Frank Beamer? He has some good DVDs. Got a friend of mine the ST one for his B-Day last year.

I saw it on one of the sports channels last Summer. It was after the draft, so I could really zero in on Carlton and Eddie.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Guy is a major run-stuffer. Check out the '07 ACC Championship Game. Carlton split a double on 3rd & 1 and dropped the RB for a loss. Gosder Cherilous blocked down & doubled him w/the C. Sweet!
    I will have to do that. I'd probably get to see a little of Eddie Royal too. Do you know how I could view it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X