Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Happy With McDaniels So Far?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    ( OWNINIT )

    You are right about the fact that Nolan is a Great Coach, not sure if Josh is the one that deserves credit for that but if he is then your 100% RIGHT

    The point about Shanny was that every team went through major changes through the time that Shanny was here and every year we had something to Cheer for and maybe the Season ended up crappy but it wasn't because of Mike alone. Just look at last year, how many times did players come off the field hurt and how many times did we throw deep on 3rd & 1 - that alone made me want to fire Shanny

    Everyone loved D.Williams, he's gone ( not Mike's fought )

    Everyone thought Bly would be great with Champ ( everyone was wrong )

    Plummer got us to the Championship Game and Defense lost us the Game from the word go...Thats why we got Champ

    If Brister doesn't throw a god awful INT, then TD might still be playing

    My point isn't that Shanny's is Great, My point is that alot of things happen that turn out Good and Bad

    So Josh might come out looking like a Guru, Thats my hope but he is stacking the deck againest himself, Thats my point
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by jhns View Post
      Large majority? Are we looking at the same results? 17 more votes out of 115 yes and no votes is a large majority?



      Math 101 - 143 votes cast so far, 46% approve, 34% don't approve, and 20% are waiting to jump on or off the wagon.

      12% difference is pretty significant to me, given the crying, whining and speculating that has ben takin place sine McD established himself as the guy in charge...

      I was surprised by the result (so far) - this board has ben dripping with "woe is me" " and "fail, fail fail" stuff.

      So yea, 12% is a surprise, and represents a fairly large majority I think.

      And seriously - "change for the sake of change"? Do you seriosuly think McD is sitting around thinking up thinks to change for the sake of changing them? LOL....
      Last edited by MoXplant; 07-02-2009, 10:19 AM.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by MoXplant View Post
        Math 101 - 143 votes cast so far, 46% approve, 34% don't approve, and 20% are waiting to jump on or off the wagon.

        12% difference is pretty significant to me, given the crying, whining and speculating that has ben takin place sine McD established himself as the guy in charge...

        I was surprised by the result (so far) - this board has ben dripping with "woe is me" " and "fail, fail fail" stuff.

        So yea, 12% is a surprise.
        Again, that would be the fault of all of you voting yes. You don't make threads about "positive" things and then talk about them. You all want to argue with the "negative" posters instead.

        Nobody has cried as much as people like you that can't stop complaining about what is talked about on this board. Do something about it then. Start talking about something else. None of you seem interested in anything else though, so I don't get your constant crying.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by MoXplant View Post
          Math 101 - 143 votes cast so far, 46% approve, 34% don't approve, and 20% are waiting to jump on or off the wagon.

          12% difference is pretty significant to me, given the crying, whining and speculating that has ben takin place sine McD established himself as the guy in charge...

          I was surprised by the result (so far) - this board has ben dripping with "woe is me" " and "fail, fail fail" stuff.

          So yea, 12% is a surprise.
          Technically, 66% are not unhappy with McDaniels and are willing to give him a chance to do what he was brought in here to do: coach.
          XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

          Comment


          • #80
            That's Absolutely Right!!!

            Originally posted by jhns View Post
            Again, that would be the fault of all of you voting yes.
            And if eleven million more voters had voted for McCain, he would be president.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by theflammer View Post
              ( OWNINIT )

              You are right about the fact that Nolan is a Great Coach, not sure if Josh is the one that deserves credit for that but if he is then your 100% RIGHT

              The point about Shanny was that every team went through major changes through the time that Shanny was here and every year we had something to Cheer for and maybe the Season ended up crappy but it wasn't because of Mike alone. Just look at last year, how many times did players come off the field hurt and how many times did we throw deep on 3rd & 1 - that alone made me want to fire Shanny

              Everyone loved D.Williams, he's gone ( not Mike's fought )

              Everyone thought Bly would be great with Champ ( everyone was wrong )

              Plummer got us to the Championship Game and Defense lost us the Game from the word go...Thats why we got Champ

              If Brister doesn't throw a god awful INT, then TD might still be playing

              My point isn't that Shanny's is Great, My point is that alot of things happen that turn out Good and Bad

              So Josh might come out looking like a Guru, Thats my hope but he is stacking the deck againest himself, Thats my point

              My point about shannahan is that he WAS great, watching the SB reruns on NFL, and that shannahan was a different shannahan than we have dealt with the last couple of years, he seems to have lost the fire, and desire. If he would have taken the demotion back to coach, and conceded that he needed to refocus on the game, and let go of GM, fine, maybe he would have remained, but I just think he lost the spark. As stated before in a couple of places i hope he takes a year or two off, rediscovers the spark and comes back to the NFL to coach, it is a better game with him than without, but as for the broncos, we rode the used to train far enough. A Change was needed.

              The rest of my rant was revolving around the fact that there have been a whole lot of changes, and no one is perfect, but after doing a little research it isn't hard to see that the draft picks he picked weren't idiotically plucked out of a hat, as some want to slam him for. All but one were team captains, all have leadership, are character guys and have at least one set of scouts drooling. So while they might not have been the first in populous opinion, there are plenty of upside, and thought showing in the team he is trying to create.

              With FA's, for every "dawkins is washed up" hater you have you have one "dawkins is the ultimate leader, who can still contribute". Media pundits want to look at our FA class as if every team needs to add 15 probowlers through FA, rather than the net good to a team and system. While yes this team needed turned around on defense, the WAY it needed turned around was with solid leadership. That is how the current coaching system has started. Will it happen overnight, no, but to move forward you need leaders, and key people to help teach and lead. There is some talent, in the likes of DJ, Dumerville, Bailey, and developable talent in the likes of thomas, Larsen, Bell, Barret. The first thing you need is Older, character guys to help teach, mentor, and contribute. I find it remarkable, that the 3 people McD brought in were one perennial PB'er who in a walker could run circles around our Safeties last year, and then two miami guys that McD had to scout against and try to pick apart two times a year. Are they the greatest thing since sliced bread, probably not, but are they all far better than last year.....hell yes. Add in Davis, who many want to point as a scrub, when quietly he was a rock of a MLB for Cleveland, and you have the beginnings of a solid FA class. Even fields may not be a perennial PB'er but Nolan drafted him, and then made him his first FA signing, that has to hold some sort of water.

              I guess my point is that in the nations eyes, the headlines have been all negative denver, yet the second page sports column is FILLED with the positive additions and moves by McD to make the TEAM better. A little research into the head scratching moves of Quinn, Smith, Moreno, and such actually shows some keen intellect. So while it is easy to pile on the hate, the proof will be in the pudding, and as of right now there is at least enough good to have you wanting a bite before throwing it out.
              Last edited by owninit; 07-02-2009, 10:42 AM.

              Comment


              • #82
                Till we get done with the 1st. season under McDaniels my rule of thumb says wait and see.I like him and what he brings to the table. Does it mean he is a winner. NO! It means he has a good enough brain to be one. We should see improvement if only slight at all facets of the game.:orton:
                Mike O.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Sad But So True

                  The way its going, I think the only thing JMc is going to do for the Broncos, is he's going to give us the first round pick for the 2010 draft.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by jhns View Post
                    Nobody has cried as much as people like you that can't stop complaining about what is talked about on this board. Do something about it then. Start talking about something else. None of you seem interested in anything else though, so I don't get your constant crying.
                    You see my post count? There is a reason it is so low - I don't sit around running it up crying about what the newly hired coach is doing.

                    Not sure what's more sad - you thinking that all the whining/crying/speculating makes for interesting posts, or you accusing me (29 posts) of constantly crying, lol.

                    You should start a new thread with some more supposing on what might, possibly could happen if coach McD might, possibly, on an off hand chance do something that you think might, possibly happen.

                    Glad YOU find that stuff fascinating - spend much time hanging out with old women?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by MoXplant View Post
                      You see my post count? There is a reason it is so low - I don't sit around running it up crying about what the newly hired coach is doing.

                      Not sure what's more sad - you thinking that all the whining/crying/speculating makes for interesting posts, or you accusing me (29 posts) of constantly crying, lol.

                      You should start a new thread with some more supposing on what might, possibly could happen if coach McD might, possibly, on an off hand chance do something that you think might, possibly happen.

                      Glad YOU find that stuff fascinating - spend much time hanging out with old women?
                      Well lets see here, I see 3 of your posts and they are all crying. The only thing you just pointed out was that you ONLY come here to cry about others crying. That is actually kind of sad.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Dude!

                        Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        Well lets see here, I see 3 of your posts and they are all crying. The only thing you just pointed out was that you ONLY come here to cry about others crying. That is actually kind of sad.
                        Chill out! No need to be rude. If you stick with well-reasoned and amiably presented discussions ... those are far more convincing.

                        Let's be nice to those who haven't posted thousands of times.

                        Pax tecum.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Chill out! No need to be rude. If you stick with well-reasoned and amiably presented discussions ... those are far more convincing.

                          Let's be nice to those who haven't posted thousands of times.

                          Pax tecum.
                          What do you mean? I am being nice!

                          Maybe I will say how cool he is after all the insults next time....

                          Or, maybe I will just pat him on the head and walk away like I should have done in the first place.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Pax tecum.
                            Excellent suggestion, but I believe a little of the old Q.H. Flaccus is more appropriate.

                            Nunc est bibendum!
                            sigpic

                            Supporting McD since 2009.

                            Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

                            Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                              Excellent suggestion, but I believe a little of the old Q.H. Flaccus is more appropriate.

                              Nunc est bibendum!
                              Or, "vis consilii expers mole ruit sua."

                              Sorry, no macrons ... or macaroons for that matter.

                              Actually, I'm more of a Plautus guy myself: "mulier recte olet ubi nihil olet.":salute!:

                              Bona Fortuna!
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                                Technically, 66% are not unhappy with McDaniels and are willing to give him a chance to do what he was brought in here to do: coach.
                                No, 46% approve, and 12% is undecided. Undecided means they don't know yet, not that they approve.
                                sigpic

                                "The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X