• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Happy With McDaniels So Far?

I know it aint been long but he has changed a lot around Denver with;
    Trade of Jay Cutler
    Release of Dre Bly, Boos Bailey, Selvin Young, Tom Nalen and a few others
    and a Draft that didn’t really fill the areas we needed.
    Now Brandon Marshall may be traded away.

i wasn’t happy when McDaniels traded jay to the bears. then the draft came and he didn’t really get what we needed i felt that we need more defence. then the signings and release of players have slowly take it toll on the team. after i heard boos bailey was released it has really got me thinking because i thought with the state the team is in we would need him.

looking at are linebackers D.J is the only good backer we have left. we also signed Davis but can step up and play. we have a lot of players who are young and step it up like Woodyard, Larsen, then there’s Ayers and Crowder and then there lee Robinson. but altogether i am not that happy with what has happened so far. but things could change when we start the season
    yes
    47.47%
    no
    33.54%
    I will tell you in december
    18.99%

Sure ...

... why not? What's not to like?

The old head coach wasn't getting the job done, so now we have a new one.:clap:

The new staff decides what's best for the team.

Which would you prefer, a HC or a committee of fans who behave like the high school football parents from HELL?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I was going to vote no, but then I realized that if the team actually looks good and plays well, I'll end up liking him. Sticking with my wait and see approach - I'll tell you in December.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stilton88 View Post
        I know it aint been long but he has changed a lot around Denver with;
        Trade of Jay Cutler
        Release of Dre Bly, Boos Bailey, Selvin Young, Tom Nalen and a few others
        and a Draft that didn’t really fill the areas we needed.
        Now Brandon Marshall may be traded away.

i wasn’t happy when McDaniels traded jay to the bears. then the draft came and he didn’t really get what we needed i felt that we need more defence. then the signings and release of players have slowly take it toll on the team. after i heard boos bailey was released it has really got me thinking because i thought with the state the team is in we would need him.

looking at are linebackers D.J is the only good backer we have left. we also signed Davis but can step up and play. we have a lot of players who are young and step it up like Woodyard, Larsen, then there’s Ayers and Crowder and then there lee Robinson. but altogether i am not that happy with what has happened so far. but things could change when we start the season
        Wasn't this poll already posted on another thread a couple of weeks ago?

And I never heard that Nalen was officially released. Was he? Or has he retired? Anybody know what is going on with Nalen?
        sigpic

Comment

The Denver Broncos are moving on with or without everyone. Why not hop on board and support this difficult transition? After all, I'm certainly not helping my team to bash it's cast of characters before a game has even been played.

:salute!::salute!:
          Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
            Wasn't this poll already posted on another thread a couple of weeks ago?

And I never heard that Nalen was officially released. Was he? Or has he retired? Anybody know what is going on with Nalen?
            I heard he retired very quietly.

EDIT: according to his wikipedia, he retired on January 6.
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Backing up the team

Cutler may have been our franchise QB but he’s gone now, and he's not coming back. McDaniels could have gone Defense with our #12 but he didn’t and there’s nothing we can do about it now. I am happy that McDaniels is pushing foreword and not looking back. We On A Mission Now!

To Kick Raider/Bears Butt :go:

Comment

Drafting Knowshon, McKinley, Ayers, Smith, etc.

Hiring Mike Nolan.

Keeping the RB and OLine coaching staff.

Bringing in proven assistant coaches and coordinators.

Bringing back a power running game.

Switching to a 3-4 attacking defense.

Finding ways to highlight Hillis and Scheff in the new scheme.

Not being scared to elevate Orton despite what people think of him.

Many good UDFA pick ups like Rulon Davis, Everette P, Lee Robinson & Nate Swift.

Not being scared to shake it up and make this team the way he sees it needs to be.

Dismissing the Shanahan favorites that werent performing (Bly, Robertson, Webster).

Resigning Casey Weigmann.

Holding EVERYONE accountable.

Getting make the the high character, high drive, high passion Broncos.

Dislikes:

Cutler, of course.

Really dont like the Mike Leach stuff.

The amount of time it took to resign Weigmann.

Letting Winborn go because of his prior relationship with Nolan.

Letting Marquand Manuel (who I thought showed alot of heart last season) go without giving him a chance to continue stepping up.

All of this being said, Im more excited for this season than I have been for many many seasons. I cant wait to see the new look Broncos and I hope they look alot like the old school Broncos with power runnings and a gritty defense.

Im very happy overall with the direction McD has gone. I just didnt want to think about another stagnant .500 season with the same old underperformers on the field.

BRING ON TRAINING CAMP BABY!
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I think that McD wants to build a team that focuses on teamwork and character. Whether that pans out or not is a different matter altogether, but I believe he earnestly wants to turn this into a dominant team and he's trying to do it this season.

When you land a player like Brian Dawkins, a bona fide leader, you must be doing something right.

When you lose a player like Cutler, you probably did something wrong.

Regardless, I trust that he is working to bring prominence back to Denver.

:go:
                  sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

No I am not happy with him so far. He is the only person to ever get me to question this team as much as I have this offseason. That is an accomplishment considering I am normally a pretty big homer.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post

Drafting Knowshon, McKinley, Ayers, Smith, etc.

Hiring Mike Nolan.

Keeping the RB and OLine coaching staff.

Bringing in proven assistant coaches and coordinators.

Bringing back a power running game.

Switching to a 3-4 attacking defense.

Finding ways to highlight Hillis and Scheff in the new scheme.

Not being scared to elevate Orton despite what people think of him.

Many good UDFA pick ups like Rulon Davis, Everette P, Lee Robinson & Nate Swift.

Not being scared to shake it up and make this team the way he sees it needs to be.

Dismissing the Shanahan favorites that werent performing (Bly, Robertson, Webster).

Resigning Casey Weigmann.

Holding EVERYONE accountable.

Getting make the the high character, high drive, high passion Broncos.

Dislikes:

Cutler, of course.

Really dont like the Mike Leach stuff.

The amount of time it took to resign Weigmann.

Letting Winborn go because of his prior relationship with Nolan.

Letting Marquand Manuel (who I thought showed alot of heart last season) go without giving him a chance to continue stepping up.

All of this being said, Im more excited for this season than I have been for many many seasons. I cant wait to see the new look Broncos and I hope they look alot like the old school Broncos with power runnings and a gritty defense.

Im very happy overall with the direction McD has gone. I just didnt want to think about another stagnant .500 season with the same old underperformers on the field.

BRING ON TRAINING CAMP BABY!
                      That's a pretty good post! E I O U A!

Comment

Hang in there, Bro!

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        No I am not happy with him so far. He is the only person to ever get me to question this team as much as I have this offseason. That is an accomplishment considering I am normally a pretty big homer.
                        TC is a month away. All the blues in the world can't survive a little hitting!!!

Comment

How there are 17 Yes so far I will never understand. How can anyone be happy so far??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
                          Don't Panic!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
                            How there are 17 Yes so far I will never understand. How can anyone be happy so far??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
                            Didnt read my post huh?
                            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post

Read 'em and weep.

Comment

Working...
                              X