2010 Brady Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Charlie just loves to complain though. Thats all he does. Every post is complaining about something. I wonder if hes ever happy? But I guess being a Browns fan will make you that way
    its not complaining its burning us bronco fans with his NFL championships we're just appy we're not as good as the browns or else we'd have a bunch of NFL Championships right Chuckie?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      I am comparing the concept of the Browns trading Brady Quinn to the Broncos to be in the same realm of impossibility as the Colts trading Manning. They are pipe dreams.
      This is the most ridiculous statement I've read in a while. How can you honestly compare the two? Manning will not be traded because the Colts are a contender. Brady was not drafted by Magini, and he's not his guy. They also need to rebuild some. I'm not sure if Bronco's fans will agree, but Cutler > Quinn. He's obviously been traded. Young QB's can go for the right price. Meanwhile Manning might wind up being the best QB of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
        This is the most ridiculous statement I've read in a while.
        Go ahead and frame it then.

Originally posted by Da Swerski
        How can you honestly compare the two?
        I am not comparing the two players. I am comparing the trade. A team trading away its starting QB (especially a young QB) is a rare occurance. Did Green Bay trade Aaron Rodgers? No. In recent years very few young starting QB's have been traded. The exception is of course Cutler. But that is just it, the exception. Cutler wasn't sent packing because he "sucked" he was sent packing because of the politics of operating a team.

Mangini may come from the same stock as McDaniels, but they are two seperate entities. Cutler came out and showed what he can do and so his value was high. Quinn, he hasn't had a chance yet. He is in the perfect situation. Unlike Cutler, he is on a team that he wants to play for. The fans want him to play for the team and if you don't think he gives his all, you are mistaken. He's in the absolute perfect situation. He is in his "happy place" playing for the team he rooted for growing up. Cutler? He wasn't in his "happy place" in Denver. He wanted to play somewhere else and if you can believe anything that he says (though it should be taken with a grain of salt) he wants to be in Chicago.

Quinn isn't going anywhere and these threads are a futile effort.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
          Well, if 2009 doesn't work out with Orton and Anderson is the starter in Cleveland do you think Denve will try to aquire Brady Quinn?

Me and my father where avid Quinn watchers in College and my dad (steeler fan) wa mad when he was a Brown. But, hes not too upset (continues to taunt me with his terrible towel) but i was wonderin if you guys would think him a upgrade over Orton?
          Not Mad that you like the Guy but is he really an upgrade over Orton and even so, how much....

Orton is a career back-up and Quinn is following in his foot steps...
          We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
            Not Mad that you like the Guy but is he really an upgrade over Orton and even so, how much....

Orton is a career back-up and Quinn is following in his foot steps...
            How is Orton a career back-up when he's a two year starter and about to start again this year? lol.
            XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by maddenking27 View Post
              How many times i have to say this? Colt McCoy in 2010 baby
              McCoy is alright, but Jevan Snead from Ole' Miss will be a much better pro.
              sigpic
              Props to Peerless^
              Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
              Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
              Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
              Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                How is Orton a career back-up when he's a two year starter and about to start again this year? lol.
                The same way Jeff Garcia starts the Season on the bench and ends up being the Starter every Season, it's called by default.

Do you really think Anderson is a Starting QB in the NFL, let me make it easier, How about Damon Huard - is he really a starter or an option. Theres a big difference and I can throw in more...You ready

T. Jackson
                J. Cambell
                J. Kitna
                J. Feely

They all have had a shot and all are career back-ups that once started.
                We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

I think Jason Campbell is still a starter for now..
                  sigpic
                  Props to Peerless^
                  Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                  Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                  Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                  Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                    The same way Jeff Garcia starts the Season on the bench and ends up being the Starter every Season, it's called by default.

Do you really think Anderson is a Starting QB in the NFL, let me make it easier, How about Damon Huard - is he really a starter or an option. Theres a big difference and I can throw in more...You ready

T. Jackson
                    J. Cambell
                    J. Kitna
                    J. Feely

They all have had a shot and all are career back-ups that once started.
                    But you're not making any sense, Orton started 2 out of 3 years he's been in the league and he's going into his fourth year as a starter. In what way does that correctly convey he is a "career backup"?
                    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                      But you're not making any sense, Orton started 2 out of 3 years he's been in the league and he's going into his fourth year as a starter. In what way does that correctly convey he is a "career backup"?
                      He has been in the league 4 years and is going into his 5th. He has been replaced by his team after both seasons he started. They thought of him as one as they looked for replacements both times he played. So from what he has done so far, I wouldn't say that label is to far off. Maybe comming to a new team will change that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                        Well, if 2009 doesn't work out with Orton and Anderson is the starter in Cleveland do you think Denve will try to aquire Brady Quinn?

Me and my father where avid Quinn watchers in College and my dad (steeler fan) wa mad when he was a Brown. But, hes not too upset (continues to taunt me with his terrible towel) but i was wonderin if you guys would think him a upgrade over Orton?
                        We have reportedly already tried, by offering our first-rounder for Quinn which was turned down. I expect Quinn to establish himself as a starter in Cleveland this year, which makes it unlikely he will be traded next year.

Then again, as we saw this offseason a QB that should not be traded can get traded. Mangini, for his part, imposed a 3-4 on a defense whose two premier players didn't fit it and turned a 5th overall pick into a center and two mid-tier receivers.

One thing I've learned - never underestimate the stupidity of former Belichick assistants.
                        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Pass Brady Quinn sucks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                            The NFL of today is soft compared to the old NFL.
                            No...THAT is revisionary.
                            "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Originally posted by exultu View Post
                              Do you know what brought about the Super Bowl?
                              Someone forsaw the need for an appropriate forum in which to display Janet Jackson's she-junk?
                              "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Originally posted by Ocrush4ever View Post
                                No...THAT is revisionary.
                                No it is not.

The NFL incorporated pads in 1926. Prior to then, major injuries were commonplace. The use of helmets was not mandatory in the NFL untill 1943. Players usually recieved injuries that would today sideline a player but they still played. One prime example is Otto Graham. Graham broke his jaw in a game and continued to play. Don't believe me? There is a photograph to prove it.

It is revisionary to believe that today's NFL player is much stronger when they wear pads, helmets, and leave the game when they get a strain.
                                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                                X