No announcement yet.

2010 Brady Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players today are larger, faster, and stronger--very much so, in fact. And all those pads don't mean collisions are easier to take. Quite the contrary. Just like boxing gloves allow boxers to mete a great deal more punishment to one another by replacing superficial contusions and abrasions with brutal blunt force trauma, modern football equipment equates to massive exchanges of inertia.

Today, players engage in every manner of physical enhancement--both legal and not-so-legal, all in the name of hitting one another harder. Bigger men hitting each other harder. It's not softer today. Sorry. Just a fact.
    "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Did you guys watch Brady Quinn last year? He was beyond horrible. He will be the Browns starter to their detriment. If Orton doesn't pan out just draft another QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocrush4ever View Post
        Today, players engage in every manner of physical enhancement--both legal and not-so-legal, all in the name of hitting one another harder. Bigger men hitting each other harder. It's not softer today. Sorry. Just a fact.
        So today's players are better because they take steroids?

Unlike today's players they got bigger in the past with class. It was actual muscle. Not the pathetic weaklings you have today that have to resort to drugs to bulk up.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by aerial View Post
          Did you guys watch Brady Quinn last year? He was beyond horrible. He will be the Browns starter to their detriment. If Orton doesn't pan out just draft another QB.
          You should ask one of your friends to break your index finger in the hand you throw the football with. Then let everyone know that you suck. But that finger has nothing to do with it, huh? You should be able to throw the football like a pro even with a broken index finger.

Comment

The Browns suck.

DA >>>>>>>> Brady Quinn

If the Turds start Quinn over DA they are making a huge mistake.
            sigpic

Comment

Look at everyone making fun of Charlie for being a Browns fan.

I agree with him when he states the Browns trading Brady would be impossible now and the fact that people are busting Charlies ass for saying that is even more hilarious.

Would I want Brady here? Of course, being an Irish fan I know Brady's potential and I know he would excel here but I doubt he comes here now.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Unlike today's players they got bigger in the past with class. It was actual muscle. Not the pathetic weaklings you have today that have to resort to drugs to bulk up.
                The arguement (your argument) was that the nfl is soft today compared to when the he-men of the gridiron use to tote their 30lb metal lunch pails to practice straight from their shifts at the coalmine--uphill both ways through raging snowstorms. And I'll bet the snow was colder back then, too.

You failed to address my argument, really. And unless you're suggesting that steroid-built muscle is weaker than that honed by tossing a medicine ball back and forth, I'm not sure I understand what your point is.
                "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Since Charlie Brown is ignorant im shutting the thread down

wait idk how to do that.. and its my thread..
                  Last edited by Rollo; 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

wow you really dont know anything. weight training was not common palce at all in the NFL until the 70s, the idea of becoming "muscle bound" stopped players from lifting because they thought too much muscle would slow you down and decrease flexibility. simple fact is, players today are much, much bigger and stronger, not even a COMPARISON to the browns championship days. starting oline in the 60s were 250-260 lbs. good luck blocking any starting Dline (except maybe broncos...) with players that big today, they will get eaten alive.

and you make the pathetic argument that every NFL player is on roids, try again.
                    sig pic removed by mod staff.
                    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Actually there was an announcement at the end of last year. Brady Quinn was declared the starter and ended up on injured reserve. So, duty fell to his backup Anderson, who ended up on injured reserve as well. So, the de facto starter for the Browns at this moment is Brady Quinn because he was the last starter for the Browns at QB (without injury).

I am comparing the concept of the Browns trading Brady Quinn to the Broncos to be in the same realm of impossibility as the Colts trading Manning. They are pipe dreams. The 50 threads that were made on this board several months ago insisting that Quinn was going to be a Bronco were all wrong. So, to stir the pot and go back to square one Rollo made this thread. Because he wasn't happy with the 50 threads that already exist on trading for Brady Quinn. He wanted there to be a 51st. So, as I said, why doesn't he go off and make a thread about the possibility of trading for Tom Brady or Peyton Manning because those trades are just as likely.
                      Considering these are Bronco forums I don't think whatever you want/think has much sway here. Don't mean to be rude, but don't act like you own the place when you aren't even a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        Considering these are Bronco forums I don't think whatever you want/think has much sway here. Don't mean to be rude, but don't act like you own the place when you aren't even a fan.
                        Don't mean to sound like a kiss ass but Charlie has been here for a long time and this place is just as much of a place for him as it is for us. The fact that you tell him that when he's posted for two years more then you is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          It is called informing people.

Brady Quinn was the last person to be named a starter for the Browns. So, he is the de facto starting QB of the Browns. Claiming that me telling people that is equal to me thinking I "own the place" is absurd.

Comment

It is called informing people.

Brady Quinn was the last person to be named a starter for the Browns. So, he is the de facto starting QB of the Browns. Claiming that me telling people that is equal to me thinking I "own the place" is absurd.
                            was he named a starter by mangini? no, so tell me how that is relevant at all?

the last report to come out is a starter will not be named until middle of preseason when they see them both play. so everything you said in this post means absolutely zero, besides the fact that you have proved you know nothing about your own team, and to think you compared his job as being as secure as tom brady or peyton manning, hes not even a starter yet.

10. They are preparing both quarterbacks to play and have no intention of naming a starter until a few games into the exhibition season. Daboll on the quarterback: "[He] is someone who can get into the huddle, call the football play, get people lined up, understand where to make the Mike points, understand when they are hot, the whole mechanics of the operation." I admit to having no clue about the "Mike points," I just hope it's not a rerun of Mike Phipps. I do get the rest, when Daboll added: "The next thing is decision-making and who can perform best under pressure. ... When the pads come on, that will sort itself out."
                            sig pic removed by mod staff.
                            we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              If Orton doesn't work out I think we should offer a couple of firsts to Chicago for Cutler. We could even throw in Orton or Simms to sweeten the deal.
                              Shoot, they got the better of the deal in the first place; should never have traded Cutler! We'll be cryin' for the next couple of years over that trade!:clady: Repeat: Should never have done that trade!
                              Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                                If we want turnovers we could get Rosenfels at a much cheaper price. :salute!:
                                Now we're settling for just medicore! I guess that's what we've come to as a team!

GO BRONCOS!!!
                                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Working...
                                X