X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
    Ya sure steroids don't make guys big and fast, guess you missed Ben Johnson, Juan Gonzales, Barry Bonds....etc.etc. etc. That could go down as one of the dumbest statements ever.
    There is a natural way to get big and fast. People have been getting big and fast for millenia without the use of steroids. Your insistance that the only way to get big and fast is to use steroids is the dumbest statement in this thread. If you wanted to watch steroid enduced anger issues go watch the WWF (or as it is called now WWE). There you may find others that enjoy the use of steroids. But unlike those drama queens this is football. Not wrastling.

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Looks like he spilled his Chocolate milk.

Sorry, so much smack in this thread I couldn't help myself.

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    So today's players are better because they take steroids?

Unlike today's players they got bigger in the past with class. It was actual muscle. Not the pathetic weaklings you have today that have to resort to drugs to bulk up.
    Ya sure steroids don't make guys big and fast, guess you missed Ben Johnson, Juan Gonzales, Barry Bonds....etc.etc. etc. That could go down as one of the dumbest statements ever.

All I know is: If it's Brown flush it down, we don't need Brady Quinn.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    do you not understand that eric mangini has NOT named a starter, that was romeo crennel who named quinn the starter, a guy no longer coaching the team? who he said is starting is irrelevant, the fact that you think quinns job is secure as tom brady or peyton manning is silly. go ask steelers, patriots or colts if they woudl trade their QB for 3 first round draft picks, theyd say no without thinking. the browns would take that trade in a heartbeat. its not even a remotely valid comparison. quinn will prolly be the starter but still, doesnt make what you said any less ridiculous.
    And do you understand that Mangini does not report to the media. The media can't get access to the team. There was an article about how the media is angry because Mangini is being secretive about EVERYTHING. Media is being shooed away from practices. The media has resorted to badmouthing the organization and Mangini because of this. All these reports about the team "falling apart" is to try and drive a wedge between Mangini and the Fans by the media. Because the media isn't being given unprecidented access to the team as they were with Crennel. The Browns would not take that offer. Quinn is a young QB that was drafted for numerous draft picks. The team mortgaged many future draft picks just to draft him. Something that cannot be said of Manning and Brady. Both of them were drafted with a single pick. No mass trades involved so the team can move up. Quinn was. Quinn is not going to be traded and any idea that you have of him being traded is based on lies created by the media in retaliation for not being given access to the team.

Quinn is the starter of the Browns. It's an inside joke that Anderson somehow is "his man". Anderson is a career backup and Quinn was drafted for a reason and if you for some reason doubt that, you are mistaken and are giving to much "trust" to the press.

Leave a comment:

• Runner
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Have you ever heard we are changing to the 3-4?
    Why yes. What I've read over and over and over is that Nolan is well aware he doesn't have the exact pieces to run the 3-4 full time, and even teams that run say they run a 3-4 often transition to a 4-3 depending on circumstances, as will Denver this year and perhaps in the future. It certainly is how Nolan ran his defenses in Baltimore and San Francisco.

4-3 requires a legit MLB.

DJ Williams is an excellent fill-in with his athleticism, but his talents can be maximized on the outside.

But then, I'm sure you knew this, watching and reading all the Bronco information day after day, so the question puzzles me a little.

A little jab 'l do ya, yes?

Leave a comment:

• jbauer24
    replied
    Originally posted by Orton_Backer81 View Post
    Kyle Orton will go from underdog to wonderdog, from sleeper to keeper, from black sheep to top of the heap! GO BRONCOS!
    I couldn't have said it any better.

Leave a comment:

• Orton_Backer81
    replied
    Kyle Orton is the MAN!

Kyle Orton will go from underdog to wonderdog, from sleeper to keeper, from black sheep to top of the heap! GO BRONCOS!

Leave a comment:

• Orton_Backer81
    replied
    Dude, when was this thread made, yo?!? April 3rd?!? getouttaheeeeeere

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Runner View Post
    And we're so close!

Just a couple run stopping DTs, a three-down pass-rushing DE, a franchsie QB, a MLB, a couple of real kickers, maybe a legit KR, another game-changing #1 WR if Marshall heads out, a few new coaches and several more back-ups at every position and hey, we're there!
    Have you ever heard we are changing to the 3-4?

Leave a comment:

• Runner
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    We were already welcomed to the land of mediocrity before the huge moves this off season. Welcome to the land of trying to be world champs again

And we're so close!

Just a couple run stopping DTs, a three-down pass-rushing DE, a franchsie QB, a MLB, a couple of real kickers, maybe a legit KR, another game-changing #1 WR if Marshall heads out, a few new coaches and several more back-ups at every position and hey, we're there!

Leave a comment:

• tsiguy96
    replied
    If you have any doubt that Quinn will be the starter then you are mistaken. Quinn is the starter and was named so last season. So, out of Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn the player that most recently was declared the starter is Brady Quinn. Brady Quinn was a first round draft pick and when he was healthy last season looked very good. Anderson has been inconsistent the entire time he has played. He stares down recievers and forces throws. He is a career backup and that is all he will ever be. Quinn, on the otherhand, is a young highly prized QB who played very well when he started. Something that cannot be said of Anderson. Mangini is a secretive coach and he doesn't inform the media about much. So, this "report" that states that a starter will not be named till the middle of the preseason or later is erroneous.
    do you not understand that eric mangini has NOT named a starter, that was romeo crennel who named quinn the starter, a guy no longer coaching the team? who he said is starting is irrelevant, the fact that you think quinns job is secure as tom brady or peyton manning is silly. go ask steelers, patriots or colts if they woudl trade their QB for 3 first round draft picks, theyd say no without thinking. the browns would take that trade in a heartbeat. its not even a remotely valid comparison. quinn will prolly be the starter but still, doesnt make what you said any less ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Rollo View Post
    Well, if 2009 doesn't work out with Orton and Anderson is the starter in Cleveland do you think Denve will try to aquire Brady Quinn?

Me and my father where avid Quinn watchers in College and my dad (steeler fan) wa mad when he was a Brown. But, hes not too upset (continues to taunt me with his terrible towel) but i was wonderin if you guys would think him a upgrade over Orton?
    One of the major reasons Denver has had trouble acquiring defensive linemen the last few years is because they are a valuable commodity that teams simply won't let get away. Teams have gotten smarter at free agency and keep in mind there's a surplus of cap room all around the league. It's difficult finding treasure in the bargain bin these days.

If Quinn is worth anything Cleveland won't let him get away.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    was he named a starter by mangini? no, so tell me how that is relevant at all?

the last report to come out is a starter will not be named until middle of preseason when they see them both play. so everything you said in this post means absolutely zero, besides the fact that you have proved you know nothing about your own team, and to think you compared his job as being as secure as tom brady or peyton manning, hes not even a starter yet.
    If you have any doubt that Quinn will be the starter then you are mistaken. Quinn is the starter and was named so last season. So, out of Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn the player that most recently was declared the starter is Brady Quinn. Brady Quinn was a first round draft pick and when he was healthy last season looked very good. Anderson has been inconsistent the entire time he has played. He stares down recievers and forces throws. He is a career backup and that is all he will ever be. Quinn, on the otherhand, is a young highly prized QB who played very well when he started. Something that cannot be said of Anderson. Mangini is a secretive coach and he doesn't inform the media about much. So, this "report" that states that a starter will not be named till the middle of the preseason or later is erroneous.

Leave a comment:

• theflammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
    But you're not making any sense, Orton started 2 out of 3 years he's been in the league and he's going into his fourth year as a starter. In what way does that correctly convey he is a "career backup"?
    Thanks Jhns...

My point was made clearly, I told you that it's not about being a starter on a Team that is settling, it's about being a starter & leader....

The saying is that their are only a few REAL #1 WR's in the league, but every team has at least 1 WR...so how is that ???

That is because teams don't have a REAL #1 WR but rather a guy in the # 1 slot....

I hope that Orton will prove to be a Leader on our Team and just ride his way like Dilfer did but he will never be a Great QB, not his fault...most aren't

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    Rick Mirer > Brady Quinn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X