No announcement yet.

Seans Salisbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man ... I can't rag on ESPN too much. They've revolutionized the availability of sports and sports coverage. If someone can build a better mousetrap, go for it, but until then I'm a dedicated watcher of the channel, even when I don't agree with some of the talent all of the time.
    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

I miss Sterling Sharpe on countdown, he was so much better than who'se there now.

Plus does anybody notice on the sunday night games that Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire both look like albino pig men?
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

It's all driven by the dollar folks. Analysts are no more than quasi-educated sports geeks or ex-jocks, recruited by corporate entities to convince consumers like ourselves that our teams are either the best or the worst.

Notice how not one of them every points out the mediocrity of a team or a player. Mediocrity doesn't sell tickets, sports apparel or air-time. When you hear Sean Salisbury say that your team sucks, it makes you love your team even more, and convinces you that he hates your team. When you hear him say 2 weeks later that your team is on its way to the Superbowl you can't do anything but agree, "gosh, if Salisbury thinks they're that good, they must be... He hates them"

There is no serious analysis in football commentary. No one can predict the outcome of any teams season in this age of salary caps and uncommon parity. Look back at the pre-season picks of some of these "educated" analysists. How many of them predicted that only one team from the 02-03 NFC playoffs would be a serious contender this year?

Don't get upset with them trying to sell you ideas on who is the best player, who has the best team, who has no shot, or who has no heart. Let them praddle-on, just don't listen.

Instead, educate yourself. Learn more about the game; learn more about your players backgrounds, learn what offensive and defensive strategies are. Learn how to see patterns in your teams offensive and then YOU can do your own analysis. It's not that hard. (I only wish we could have access to practice tapes)

They're all a bunch of idiot-box hype mongers, don't get taken in by them.

Comment

I can't believe tahuya man likes john madden. How horrible! Madden is a Brett Farve lover, an NFC bandwagoner. He can talk about Farve and Vick all day. If you're smart, you know madden is overpaid and should not be on MNF!

Comment

i thought i would revive the sean salisbury hatred after everything he said on espn just got shoved in his face

every year after an upset every analyst says how any team can win on any given sunday in the nfl but then idiots like sean salisbury still make retarded "no doubt" decisions about games.

Congratulation salisbury you are truly the worst analyst ever
            Most Hated Sports Analysts (in no particular order): Sean Salisbury, Joe Theismann, Mark May, Randy Cross, Anyone who thinks USC is the best college football team in the country and deserves to go to the Sugar Bowl after playing one ranked team all year

Comment

Originally posted by CPortis2626
              i thought i would revive the sean salisbury hatred after everything he said on espn just got shoved in his face

every year after an upset every analyst says how any team can win on any given sunday in the nfl but then idiots like sean salisbury still make retarded "no doubt" decisions about games.

Congratulation salisbury you are truly the worst analyst ever
              No doubt. I hate that guy. It was great watching him today trying to somehow extricate his foot from that gaping maw he calls a mouth.

Most of the time, though, I change the channel whenever he comes on. Way too sensationalistic for my tastes.

GO BRONCOS!!!
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by DieWithMileHigh
                ESPN is a joke now, Berman can this guy get a new gig "BACK BACK BACK, COULD GO ALL THE WAY, whatever your name is i'll make fun of it , this routine is old and has been for a long time.

Merrile hoge what has this guy done to deserve a tv job and he also sucks at that.
                John CLayton ? nothing need be said but REVENGE OF THE NERDS , Louis's DAD
                ALL the girl reporters
                And let's not forget the #1 A-hole BOO-YAH, BUTTER, CAN I GET AN AMEN .

I hope ESPN loses there sunday contract to the new NFL network , Sterling Sharpe and others with regular guy talk.
                Now wait,

John Clayton is probably not only the smartest of all the football reporters, but he is by far the best journalist. That guy could write an article on politics, economics, or whatever. He is always just presenting facts. I don't think he has ever played his card and shown bias to a favorite team.

All Merril Hoge did was play 6 season in the NFL, which is about 6 seasons more than you and I can dream of.

But mostly, what is up with that "all femal reporters" bit? Women aren't allowed to like football? Women can't understand the game of football? Say what you will about the eye candy at MNF, but Suzy Kolber REALLY knows her stuff. Why do you think she is never unemployed?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by michbroncofan
                  I have been sitting here reading these posts, trying to think of one former player who has impressed me as a tv guy. So far, I am coming up blank.
                  Ron Jaworski seems to know what he is talking about when he breaks down a game.
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Well Sean looked very stupid when he had to get up there and analyze the game that he THOUGHT was a 'no brainer'. Now he's all on the Broncos nuts.
                    Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

theisman is funny....i'll never forget the time last year when thomas jones supposedly broke his hand reaching for the phone....theisman was like..."that was one heck of a collect call"...cause arizona put jones on the inactive list for the rest of the season....salisbury is aight...maybe his predictions are bad, but his analysis after the games are always good....and i would much rather watch the espn or fox pregame shows cause the cbs people are boring as hell.....

Comment

Working...
                      X