Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd interviews on 104.3 The Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Yeah, I mean, the way he got publicly intoxicated, got arrested, and said that he hates Denver. I agree. Wait...that wasn't him was it?

How about after news of an attempted trade came out, the way he ran away, and went to Nashville, and wouldn't take calls from Pat Bowlen. Oh wait...that wasn't him either, was it?

I don't think it's the way he's acted and carried himself as much as the changes that he has made that some of the fanbase disagree with.
    Let's see if I can do this too -

So it was someone else who made a power play to get rid of Jim Goodman less than a month after arriving. Oh wait, that was the new coach.

So it was someone else who dumped one of the most respected and copied offensive systems, that the entire staff and players knew inside and out for a system that only he knew (and wasn't proven on a Belichick-less team). Oh wait, it was the new coach that said, to hell with everyone else, I'm too lazy/stupid to learn a new system, let everyone else on the offense learn a new one instead. This, after seeing Mangini and Crenel bomb with the same approach, and Tomlin succeed with the exact opposite.

I guess it was someone else that ran off a promising young co-ordinator who produced a second-ranked offense (despite having 8 RBs on IR) in only his first year calling plays, simply because his ego couldn't tolerate having to share credit for any success the offense might have. Oh wait, it was the new coach.

How about replacing one of the best long-snappers in the game and a high-character guy in Mike Leach for his buddy from New England. That must have been someone else too. Oh wait, it was the new coach.

And who was it that wet his pants when a certain career backup became available, and tried to trade a franchise QB for him straight up? Oh wait, it was the new coach.

Who was it that then deliberately antagonized the aforementioned franchise QB, who had been the model Bronco for his three previous years with the team and who came down to bury the hatchet and join the team on the eve of voluntary workouts? Oh wait, it was the new coach. And while we're one that, who was it that was caught lying through his teeth about having only "listened to calls"? Oh wait, it was the "high-character" new coach.

It's not important for a coach to have character and integrity in order to be successful, as can be seen from Belichick's tenure in NE. But for many (not all) Broncos fans, who are accustomed to such highly-respected individuals like Dan Reeves, Wade Phillips and Mike Shanahan as their coaches, character and integrity aren't just buzzwords for the coach to throw around (and the new guy has been using them as much as punctuation) but something to be practiced, which the new guy hasn't.

EDIT: Didn't mean to hijack the thread and so I'll drop the topic, but to attribute one of the most unpopular beginnings by a new head coach in recent times to a radio announcer is quite disingenuous IMO.
    Last edited by AC1; 07-07-2009, 10:43 AM.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post

So it was someone else who made a power play to get rid of Jim Goodman less than a month after arriving. Oh wait, that was the new coach.

So it was someone else who dumped one of the most respected and copied offensive systems, that the entire staff and players knew inside and out for a system that only he knew (and wasn't proven on a Belichick-less team). Oh wait, it was the new coach that said, to hell with everyone else, I'm too lazy/stupid to learn a new system, let everyone else on the offense learn a new one instead. This, after seeing Mangini and Crenel bomb with the same approach, and Tomlin succeed with the exact opposite.

I guess it was someone else that ran off a promising young co-ordinator who produced a second-ranked offense (despite having 8 RBs on IR) in only his first year calling plays, simply because his ego couldn't tolerate having to share credit for any success the offense might have. Oh wait, it was the new coach.

How about replacing one of the best long-snappers in the game and a high-character guy in Mike Leach for his buddy from New England. That must have been someone else too. Oh wait, it was the new coach.

And who was it that wet his pants when a certain career backup became available, and tried to trade a franchise QB for him straight up? Oh wait, it was the new coach.

Who was it that then deliberately antagonized the aforementioned franchise QB, who had been the model Bronco for his three previous years with the team and who came down to bury the hatchet and join the team on the eve of voluntary workouts? Oh wait, it was the new coach. And while we're one that, who was it that was caught lying through his teeth about having only "listened to calls"? Oh wait, it was the "high-character" new coach.

It's not important for a coach to have character and integrity in order to be successful, as can be seen from Belichick's tenure in NE. But for many (not all) Broncos fans, who are accustomed to such highly-respected individuals like Dan Reeves, Wade Phillips and Mike Shanahan as their coaches, character and integrity aren't just buzzwords for the coach to throw around (and the new guy has been using them as much as punctuation) but something to be practiced, which the new guy hasn't.

EDIT: Didn't mean to hijack the thread and so I'll drop the topic, but to attribute one of the most unpopular beginnings by a new head coach in recent times to a radio announcer is quite disingenuous IMO.
      So, what you're saying is that if you have your own way of doing things that sets records, and someone else has their own way of doing things that gets them fired and allows you to take their place, you're going to do things their way? Why wouldn't you do it the way that's brought you success and got you the position that you're in?

By the way, the WCO isn't used exclusively by too many teams anymore. There's a more mixed version of it that includes a more vertical approach. So, the WCO has pretty much been phased out. But, it's principles are still alive and kicking.

The rest of it is just speculation on your part. You've demonized the guy so much that you can't even take an objective look at what and why he may do things. Your mind is always going to jump to the negative when his name is even mentioned. There's no point in even discussing this.

I believe the same thing about Sandy Clough. He's not interested in having a discussion. He already knows his position and isn't going to change it even if you've got proof that he's wrong.

Comment

So, what you're saying is that if you have your own way of doing things that sets records, and someone else has their own way of doing things that gets them fired and allows you to take their place, you're going to do things their way? Why wouldn't you do it the way that's brought you success and got you the position that you're in?

By the way, the WCO isn't used exclusively by too many teams anymore. There's a more mixed version of it that includes a more vertical approach. So, the WCO has pretty much been phased out. But, it's principles are still alive and kicking.

The rest of it is just speculation on your part. You've demonized the guy so much that you can't even take an objective look at what and why he may do things. Your mind is always going to jump to the negative when his name is even mentioned. There's no point in even discussing this.

I believe the same thing about Sandy Clough. He's not interested in having a discussion. He already knows his position and isn't going to change it even if you've got proof that he's wrong.
        You might want to take another stab at reading the post.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

You might want to take another stab at reading the post.
          No. I think we're done here.

Comment

No. I think we're done here.
            You were done a while ago. I'm glad you finally realized it.

Comment

You've demonized the guy so much that you can't even take an objective look at what and why he may do things. Your mind is always going to jump to the negative when his name is even mentioned.
              At this point, I have to agree with Crazy8 here. I was outraged at one time
              against McDaniels. I thought he was trashing the franchise. However, as time
              has passed and developments taken place, I have begun to see that there
              may be a method to his madness (to borrow the trite old cliché).

-----

Comment

Someone is blinded by hate.

And what's that?

Cutler = Ayers, Alphonso Smith, Richard Quinn and Kyle Orton
                That's pretty wrong.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, it was someone else who dumped the Goodman's; that someone was Pat Bowlen. When Bowlen announced that Xanders was going to be the GM, the younger Goodman objected and stated he couldn't/wouldn't work under him. So Bowlen fired him and his dad. There is no evidence that McD had anything to do w/ this, and frankly, as far as we know, he didn't have the authority to do so at that time.
                  "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

Working...
                  X