2009/2010 Denver Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009/2010 Denver Defence

I am just wondering who peole think will start on are D this year.

i think:

Champ Ayers Thomas Dumervill Goodman

Woodyard D.J Davis Greisen

Dawkins Hill

thats what i think would just like to no other people views becasue everyones is diffrent

Look, you are right about the 3-4 scheme but you put the players in the wrong positions. Ayers and Dumervil are OLBs. Greisen is a backup ILB.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Look, you are right about the 3-4 scheme but you put the players in the wrong positions. Ayers and Dumervil are OLBs. Greisen is a backup ILB.
      who would play d-line then?

Comment

Originally posted by stilton88 View Post
        who would play d-line then?
        Ronald Fields, Chris Baker, Marcus Thomas, Kenny Peterson, Ryan McBean, Matthias Askew, Carlton Powell, Rulon Davis, Everette Pedescleaux, Nic Clemons, J'Vonne Parker.

All these big guys battling for the 3 spots on the defensive line.

During OTAs the starters were Fields at NT and Peterson and McBean at DE. But it does not mean much, they are yet to put the pads and show what they can really do.
        sigpic

Comment

I am just wondering who peole think will start on are D this year.

i think:

Champ Ayers Thomas Dumervill Goodman

Woodyard D.J Davis Greisen

Dawkins Hill

thats what i think would just like to no other people views becasue everyones is diffrent
          Much can happen:
          • between now and TC (trades, lack of progress on signings, accidents, etc.);

during TC when the pads go on and the hitting begins (unmentionable "stuff");

during preseason games (when you finally get to see these guys in an actual game-like situation).

Only after the end of preseason and the final cuts is a 53-man roster announced. Then, a practice squad. Then, each week, an active roster for game day. We will eventually see.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

looking at it its not as bad as alot of people thought. just need are d-line sorted but with all the comption will help players step it up and play the best football. i think if are d-line plays well we cud have a chance at over 0.500

Comment

18. i am from UK

Comment

18. i am from UK
                No kidding!? We have several posters from England that frequent these boards.

I find it a little surprising how popular the NFL is over there. Why is that?
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

i dont know. maybe because its a great sport. i guess its because its diffrent from any other sport any its exciting. i play for a team over here there called lancashire wolverine colts.

Comment

Peterson-Baker-McBean
                    Ayers-Davis-DJ-Dumervil

My ideal lineup.

Fields will prolly start at NT though..

Comment

i dont know. maybe because its a great sport. i guess its because its diffrent from any other sport any its exciting. i play for a team over here there called lancashire wolverine colts.
                      It's a great freaking game isn't it! Glad people around the world get it, because it is unique.

I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I get that too. I get how people are total fanatics about that sport and how exciting it can be. Pet peeves of the sport is how people dive but honestly that happens in all sports -even in the NFL (kickers or QB's diving for a flag)

But anyhow, glad Euro is into it and glad the Broncos are drawing fans in it's own right. Eventually soccer will be up there too but it's just not a national thing yet. IMHO the internet will help draw fans of all sports where they used to not be able to be seen.

Case in point, I used to play drums in a band and I'd get home around 3:30 AM 4 nights a week. I'd get home to unwind and the the only thing on TV was that day's baseball game retelecasted through the early AM. That's all I had to watch every night. (pre internet) It was HTS who covered the dreaded Orioles back when they were actually making the playoffs. Point being I became a fan of that team due to accessibility. With the internet there are nearly no limits.

PS -Now if any of you think the Denver Broncos organization is making bad decisions for it's club, try out the Orioles. That's real pain:brick:

Before I get too far off topic, let me extend a warm welcome to you Euros who love the Broncos and the NFL -it's a great sport -up there with boxing IMHO which is the ultimate sport.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

yes most of my mates are NFL fans none Broncos though and one of my best mates is a bears fan so you can imagine how that was when Jay Cutler got traded. I think my first words when i found out about the trade were "PLEASE GOD ANY OTHER TEAM BUT THEM"

But now we have to have faith in :orton:
                        Last edited by stilton88; 07-03-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hi All

I'm a UK fan too. Been supporting the Broncos ever since that Superbowl loss to NY Giants. It was John Elway and the 3-Amigo's that attracted me to the Broncos!

As for the thread, I've got a feeling Dumervil does not crack the starting line up, although I actually hope he does.

I hope Spencer Larson make's it if we go to 4 linebackers as a base set-up for the 3-4

I want to watch a game where Spencer Larson scores a TD as a FB, forces a fumble as an ILB and makes a tackle on Special Teams

Comment

A lot of the position battling now wont get intense until training camp when they all get a chance to put some pads on.

With that said, I think as it stands right now, our base defense might go like this:

NT: Ronald Fields
                            DE: Kenny Peterson, Ryan McBean
                            OLB: Robert Ayers, Tim Crowder(run)/Elvis Dumervil
                            ILB: DJ Williams, Andre Davis
                            CB: Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman
                            S: Brian Dawkins, Renaldo Hill

In Nickel packages, I'd imagine Ayers and Reid would sit at DE and Elvis would take over the OLB spot opposite Crowder. Alphonso Smith would probably be the Nickel corner. These are all just predictions however. The only starters I think you can almost undoubtedly pencil in are DJ, Champ, Dawkins and Goodman.

Comment

Also a UK bronco 20 years a fan aswell not bad considering im only 25 lol
                              Elway was my reason for chooseing Denver plus i didnt want to support my dads team at the time the 49ers so choose the first team i saw who looked fun didnt have a clue about the game until i was 12 i think but was always fun to watch and in recent years ive been annoying friends and family by calling the penalties in games before the Ump does lol

as for the D id say

Peterson Fields/Baker Mcbean

Crowder Davies DJ Ayers

Champ Dawkins Hill Goodman

With smith as a nickel back
                              Last edited by dannylee; 07-03-2009, 03:23 PM.
                              sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X