Your Favorite Elway Play Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Elway Play Moment

As I just watched Americas Game and saw Elway helicopter through the air I wondered what was that my favorite moment and the answer was Yes. It showed his dedication and desire to win that elusive title.

What was your favorite Elway moment?
    Was it when he was a rookie and lined up incorrectly at the line, when he led The Drive, faking to TD and scattering for the touchdown vs the Packers, receiving the Super Bowl title the first time, hitting Rod Smith and using Eugene Robinson in his last Super Bowl, receiving the Super Bowl trophy a second time, his retirement, or something not even listed.

I would love to hear and read your stories.

Dave
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
    As I just watched Americas Game and saw Elway helicopter through the air I wondered what was that my favorite moment and the answer was Yes. It showed his dedication and desire to win that elusive title.

What was your favorite Elway moment?
    Was it when he was a rookie and lined up incorrectly at the line, when he led The Drive, faking to TD and scattering for the touchdown vs the Packers, receiving the Super Bowl title the first time, hitting Rod Smith and using Eugene Robinson in his last Super Bowl, receiving the Super Bowl trophy a second time, his retirement, or something not even listed.

I would love to hear and read your stories.

Dave
    With Elway's career having spanned 16 years, there are so many great moments. The KC game @ MHS in '92(?), where we were down the first 58 min. of the game. I think it was 19-6 at the 2-min. warning and Elway hit Mark Jackson and Vance Johnson for TDs to win the game 20-19. I may be a bit off on the numbers, but I'm pretty sure that was the final score. I was watching the game with a couple of friends, and they had given up and went home, and I called them after the first TD and we're driving for the second and said "turn on your TV, we're about to win this game!"

That was a very memorable Elway moment, but I have to say my favorite really is the helicopter spin in SB XXXII. Like you said, that play showed his dedication to win a title. When he got up from that hit, with a first & goal, and he pumped his fist in the air, it was still the third qtr but I knew we were going to win! :salute!:
    sigpic

Comment

My favorite Elway moment wasn't even a play. It was watching him jump 10 feet in the air right after Allen Aldridge batted down the last pass of SB 32. Every time I see it I almost tear up.

If I had to pick a play I would have to go with 100%Broncoholic....

Best. Play. Ever.
      sigpic

Comment

when he threw an interception to seau to end the game, I believe it was the first game of 94.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
          when he threw an interception to seau to end the game, I believe it was the first game of 94.
          Tricky tricky...

I'd have to say the helicopter

Comment

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
            My favorite Elway moment wasn't even a play. It was watching him jump 10 feet in the air right after Allen Aldridge batted down the last pass of SB 32. Every time I see it I almost tear up.

If I had to pick a play I would have to go with 100%Broncoholic....

Best. Play. Ever.
            EXACTLY!

Now I don't have to go searching for the .gif.

:clady::clady::clady:

But wait, wasn't it John Mobley that batted down the pass that ended the Super Bowl??
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deanver View Post
              EXACTLY!

Now I don't have to go searching for the .gif.

:clady::clady::clady:

But wait, wasn't it John Mobley that batted down the pass that ended the Super Bowl??
              Yes, it was. The pass was intended for Mark Chmura.

Comment

The helicopter is #1 obviously.

#2 with a bullet is a tie between the 4th and 6 against Houston (Drive II) where he scrambled and got the 1st down, and then the 4th and 10 on the same drive where he broke the pocket and fluttered it to a wide open Vance Johnson just past the marker (I think they ended up getting 40 yards on the play, most of it YAC).

#3 to me is the game-winner to Vance Johnson in the 2-td comeback vs. KC in '92.

#4 would be the pass to Mark Jackson to cap the Drive I (only forced OT, so it gets penalized).

#5 is a lesser-known moment, but for good fans, it's a classic. '95, Week 3, tie game, 1-minute left, Elway shreds the Redskin defense and gets the team to the 43. On the game's last play, he hits Rod Smith with a bomb to pull out a win after blowing a 17-pt lead.
                Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post

#5 is a lesser-known moment, but for good fans, it's a classic. '95, Week 3, tie game, 1-minute left, Elway shreds the Redskin defense and gets the team to the 43. On the game's last play, he hits Rod Smith with a bomb to pull out a win after blowing a 17-pt lead.
                  And that was Rod's first career TD (might have even been his 1st career reception)! And he beat Darrell Green on the catch. But this is an Elway thread, so :salute!: to John for throwing a perfect pass!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post

Best. Play. Ever.
                    That was John Mobley that broke up the pass.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's almost impossible to rank the OMG time to scramble plays. That was John! The spectacular pass plays always dominate the highlights, it's the "little" plays that made the homerun possible that always got to me.

Thank You John for all of them
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deanver View Post
                        I thought about that after I posted it. I wasn't 100% percent sure if it was Aldridge or Mobely. :doh:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                          And that was Rod's first career TD (might have even been his 1st career reception)! And he beat Darrell Green on the catch. But this is an Elway thread, so :salute!: to John for throwing a perfect pass!
                          i think that was his first reception lol from that day on you knew he was gunna be special

Fav elway moment would have to be the Helicopter simply because of the reaction of the commentators "you telling me the 37yr old doesnt wanna win this game" even they knew that he was going to give it his all to win the game
                          Last edited by dannylee; 07-06-2009, 03:50 AM. Reason: missed my point
                          sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

The helicopter has to be #1. but my #2 was actually in a game we lost.

It was the KC game where Elway and Montana went at it. Montana won the game...but Elway's rushing TD and resultant spike with like a minute to go was one of the highlights for me. Loved that play.

Course, then Montana had to go and screw it all up...but still...

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
                              The helicopter has to be #1. but my #2 was actually in a game we lost.

It was the KC game where Elway and Montana went at it. Montana won the game...but Elway's rushing TD and resultant spike with like a minute to go was one of the highlights for me. Loved that play.

Course, then Montana had to go and screw it all up...but still...

Jim
                              You know, even though we lost, I have always thought that was one of the best games I have ever seen. Two great QBs doing what they do best...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X