No announcement yet.

Why We Didn't Have To Replace The Dline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll say the same thing in this thread that I just said in another thread.

Attack the idea, not the other forum member.

Argue about the topic, not about each other. Insulting other members is not okay, and will be handled when it comes to the attention of the staff,.

Attack the idea, not the poster.

Posts removed.

Comment

Well sorry CAN that article is bull.... we did needed really badly to fix the d- line and we we failed

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
        Well sorry CAN that article is bull.... we did needed really badly to fix the d- line and we we failed
        we got a guy named ayers

Comment

Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
          The great Bill Parcels has a saying that takes all rationalization out of anything. " You are what you are" You can find all the articles you want that spin our defensive woes in a way you like to see it. In the end our defense sucked because our talent sucked. The coaches in the NFL are all well versed in the x's & o's. As all the NFL analists that have ever played the games say " The NFL is about the Jimmies and the Joe's. Cam Cameron was great offensive mind and had a system. How did he work out in Miami. Whats the record of coaches following ledgends. Whats the Great Bill Belichecks record without Brady as QB . Coughlin was a joke about ready to be fired in NY. He became a genius once he put together the best front four in the game today. Is there a possiblity that JMD upgrades front 7 in the next couple of years? Yes. It will take more than one offseason to fill in all the gaps. Even if the rookies are all future HOF, the track record show it takes a few years to devlop into a player that contributes significantly. In the end Systems are overrated. This games all about talent
          i wouldnt say all systems are overrated. our blocking scheme for years made average runningbacks look good

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
            we got a guy named ayers
            You got it B_O_U!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Anybody around here wanna talk football?
              Well said Sam!!!!!

Comment

I love how everyone wanted us to go D-line in the draft. It takes forever for a d-lineman to become competitive in the NFL. Glenn Dorsey didn't do much of anything last year. It took Mario Williams 3 years to become the stud he is now. I like the approach we went with, keep most of the good guys we had, bring in some vets like Fields and then get some really good undrafted guys like Chris Baker (who we can pay a lot less) to develop. This allowed us to draft guys than may be able to make an inpact this year in the secondary.
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I think what alot of people fail to remember is last year Shanny-Poo hired THE WORST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR in the history of the GreenBay organization as our Defensive Coordinator.

Alot of us moaned and growned before last season when he did this, and low and behold we were right. Slowlick could have made the great Pittsburg Defenses of the past look bad, he was a horrible Defensive Coordinator.
                  7/15 48 yrds 0 td's 1 INT - Jay Cutler the "Pro-Bowler" at the 2009 Pro-Bowl. sigpic Ah-Dah!

Comment

How can you tell ...

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                    ... it's not fixed? Because the Broncos didn't sign a couple of overpriced FAs and use their first five draft picks on it?

The D is totally new. New coaches with new players to the team and old players playing different positions.:clap:

I've seen some on these boards guess what the depth chart will be. So far, guys have been running around in shorts which doesn't tell you much about the DL. Doesn't anyone remember guys running around in shorts all Summer doing agilities, bag drills, plyos, mat drills, lifting, etc., and thinking, "Hey, he looks good. I think I'll start him at ... whatever."? Then, the pads go on with full contact and guys start to switch which end of the line they're at.

Big difference between 3 tech. and NT; between 3 tech. and 5 tech.; between OLB in a 50/3-4 D and DE in a split-front. Huge difference between two-gap and one-gap regardless of alignment.

It's hard waiting for TC, but we must. Instead of arguing about who's too optimistic or pessimistic, let's tide ourselves over just talking football among Bros.

The article quoted by CanDB answers more questions than it raises. It may even help to explain why what some thought would happen didn't happen the way they thought it would.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                      I love how everyone wanted us to go D-line in the draft. It takes forever for a d-lineman to become competitive in the NFL. Glenn Dorsey didn't do much of anything last year. It took Mario Williams 3 years to become the stud he is now. I like the approach we went with, keep most of the good guys we had, bring in some vets like Fields and then get some really good undrafted guys like Chris Baker (who we can pay a lot less) to develop. This allowed us to draft guys than may be able to make an inpact this year in the secondary.
                      Good post!!!!! (CPs later when reloaded)

Here's a little article I submitted a while back about the very same topic......although not too scientific, I believe it shows that going Dline early in the draft is a real waiting game....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=128758

Comment

that and it takes awhile for anyone in a line position to get to know his teammates, their habits, idiosyncracies, timing, abilities: you just cant dismantle any line then expect results with new players, then the cycle repeats again.

good post OP :salute!::go:

Sam speaking of talking football, dont U want to participate in the "predictions" thread? It's amusing, all this random speculation b4 anyone has put on gear for T/C.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
                          Sam speaking of talking football, dont U want to participate in the "predictions" thread? It's amusing, all this random speculation b4 anyone has put on gear for T/C.
                          Its not random. Taking the knowns and unknowns at this point and forming a coherent prediction is not random. Will these predictions probably be way off? Probably, since our unknowns outweigh our knowns by a lot. Doesnt make predictions random though.

On topic, we have a lot of guys with upside, and not a lot of production in their short or nonexistant pro careers. Adding more guys with some more production at the college or Pro level probably would go further to assuaging peoples fears about the front 7 not being up to snuff. Hopefully these guys are able to live up past potential, and give us an enviable front 7.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Who, me?

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
                            Actually I have on these recent threads:
                            • "Where do you think the Broncos defense/Offense will be ranked at the end of the year?"

"2009 Schedule predictions"

"2009 Denver Broncos projections"

These are pretty random.

OK, here's D roster for '09:
                            • DL (5) Thomas, Powell, Fields, Peterson and Baker;

OLB (5) Crowder, Ayers, Reid, Dumervil and Moss;

ILB (5) Williams, Davis, Larsen, Woodyard and Robinson;

CB (5) Bailey, Goodman, Smith, Williams and Johnson;

S (5) Dawkins, Hill, Barrett, McBath and Bruton;

PS (4) Davis and Pedescleaux (DL), Bell and Carter (DB).

As you can see, Draco, definitely not random.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              Dorsey started and had 46 tackles and one sack. What do you want from a rookie?

Mario Williams in his second year had 59 tackles and 14 sacks.

Fields was a back up in S.F. and hasn't done anything to note so far in his career. Chris Baker went undrafted for a reason. Both of these players may or may not do something this year. IMO they probably won't and we will be in the same position of being unable to stop the run once again this year..

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                                11 and 5, if memory serves.
                                Bill Belicheck has a career record of below 500 without Brady, and that includes a 10-5 record last year with the pats
                                My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X