No announcement yet.

Why We Didn't Have To Replace The Dline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE's Dline was one of the best in football, yet they felt the need to draft 3 Defensive Linemen. We have one of the worst and dont feel the need to draft one.
    Things that make you go hmmmmm.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, my dad and I were talking about this the other day. We were wondering why McD didn't seem to make an effort to get new talkent on the d-line, and we both agreed that maybe last years d-line didnt have anything to do with talent, but more of a proper system and a little more passion.

I'm glad the broncos are written off this year....its gonna make it twice as fun when we succeed :orton::go:

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        Browns

Corey Williams- 6th round, pick 14

Shaun Smith- Undrafted

(Robaire Smith-6th round, pick 31)

Shaun Rogers- 2nd round, pick 20

Cardinals

Antonio Smith- 5th round, pick 3

Darnell Dockett- 3rd round, pick 1

Alan Branch- 2nd round, pick 1

Chargers

Louis Castillo- 1st round, pick 28

Igor Olshansky- 2nd round, pick 3

Jamal Williams- Undrafted
        Cowboys

Marcus Spears- 1st round, pick 20

Chris Canty- 4th round, pick 31

Jay Ratliff- 7th round, pick 10

Dolphins

Kendall Langford- 3rd round, pick 3

Vonnie Holliday- 1st round, pick 19

Jason Ferguson- 7th round, pick 28

49ers

Ray McDonald- 3rd round,

Justin Smith- round 1, pick 4

Isaac Sopoaga- Round 4, pick 8

Jets

Shaun Ellis- Round 1, pick 12

Kenyon Coleman- Round 5, pick 12

Kris Jenkins- Round 2, pick 13

Patriots

Ty Warren- Round 1, pick 13

Richard Seymore- Round 1, pick 6

Vince Wilfork- Round 1, pick 21

Ravens

Trevor Pryce- Round 1, pick 28

Haloti Ngata- Round 1, pick 12

Kelly Gregg- Round 6, pick 4

Steelers

Aaron Smith- Round 4, pick 14

Brett Keisel- Round 7, Pick 31

Casey Hampton- Round 1, pick 19

Just food for thought..
        Jamal Williams was drafted in the supplemental draft. He cost the Chargers a 2nd round draft choice the following year. To label him undrafted is a little misleading....

Comment

I think there were a lot of misconceptions about the Broncos this offseason.

People assumed that only the defense needed to be addressed and that offense should be ignored because it was ranked #2 in yards.

People assumed that only defensive players needed to be drafted and that drafting presumably the best running back in the draft was unnecessary.

We look at last year and think that the biggest priority is to address is the defense. The real priority is making the team better by any means necessary.

Sometimes it's a matter of how the talent on the team is being used. It doesn't have to be that the Broncos didn't have good talent on defense. It could be that the talent they had just wasn't being used in a way where it could be effective. They don't need Pro Bowl talent at every position. At this point, they should just be looking to be better than they were last year, which shouldn't be hard with some focus and aggressive play.

I'm sure they will be looking to improve the overall talent of the defense over the course of the next year or two. Just because they didn't go out and get the big name talent on the defensive line this year, it doesn't mean that they didn't improve the defensive line by switching people around and changing the scheme.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            I think there were a lot of misconceptions about the Broncos this offseason.

People assumed that only the defense needed to be addressed and that offense should be ignored because it was ranked #2 in yards.

People assumed that only defensive players needed to be drafted and that drafting presumably the best running back in the draft was unnecessary.
            Good post!

Many of these misconceptions were fueled by our clueless local sports media, esp the one about we need to draft D only. I remember draft day and the local glossy hair-job Ferrari-driving local sports word-holes were all beside themselves over the seeming audacity of Denver drafting Moreno over a D player, or even a QB.

Wasnt it appearent to those wankers that save for Hillis, our running game overall absolutely sucked balls over the last few years--and that one main reason the D always looked so worn out was that we could not maintain long, clock-eating chain-moving drives on the ground? Case in point: look at the four games Hillis started last year. The whole team played better because we had a more balanced offensive attack, one that kept the D off the field and well rested. That's why I was soooooo psyched when they used 12 to draft Moreno--McD saw the need, and reacted well. He understood.

That's why I actually enjoyed following the Broncos more when I didnt live in Denver--no temptations to tune in local sports goofballs like Soicher (Mr. Anti-Billups), Lombardi, Paige, ad nauseum as they offer "insights" and "analyses"--and worse yet, fueling tenuous, uninformed misconceptions to the fan base.
            Last edited by Sequence; 07-08-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X