Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because the Broncos have been idling in mediocrity doesn't mean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because the Broncos have been idling in mediocrity doesn't mean...

we can't expect an instant turnaround. in fact, it happens all the time in the NFL.

From 2007 to 2008:
    -of the eight division winners from 07, six were different in 08.
    -almost half of the teams (13 of 32)went from either a losing/winning record in 07 to other end of the spectrum in 08
    -of the four rookie coaches in 08, none had a losing record and THREE went into the playoffs.

Also: Chad Pennington, Matt Cassell, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Tavaris Jackson, Kerry Collins, Jake Delhomme, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese...how bout that list of pro bowl QBs. Wait...I mean how about those "franchise QBs". Wait...

How about a list of QBs who all had winning records in 08.

CHANGE...its what the NFL is about. Every year is different. Unless you're in Oakland, there is always a chance your team turns the corner. That's why we play the games. Unless your team resides in Pittsburgh or Indy, guess what...you're team is not a lock to make the playoffs year in and year out. Who thought Dallas and New England would be sitting home last year when the playoffs started, and that the 1-15 Dolphins and the 4-12 Falcons would be in the playoffs?
    Last edited by Shsonline; 07-07-2009, 03:34 PM.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

i completely agree with you, but good luck getting some others too as well. You speak with common logic, yet some people will still come in here and rain on your parade.

Comment

Good post!

+CP, and you're right, turning the corner isn't impossible, its actually very likely.

EDIT: Congrats on your second bar that I just gave ya
      Last edited by CoryWinget81; 07-07-2009, 03:35 PM.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Yay...but um um um um McDaniels stink....yay he stinks Jay Cutler rules!!!

But seriously that is a good post.:orton:
        :2cents::devil::brick::wave::shake::dance::doh::hammer::nono::usa:

Comment

But I love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

But I love him.
            *pats brent on the shoulder*

You have to let go man, he's gone now.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
              *pats brent on the shoulder*

You have to let go man, he's gone now.
              *pats Brent on the butt*

I mean...shoulder
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                we can't expect an instant turnaround. in fact, it happens all the time in the NFL.

From 2007 to 2008:
                -of the eight division winners from 07, six were different in 08.
                -almost half of the teams (13 of 32)went from either a losing/winning record in 07 to other end of the spectrum in 08
                -of the four rookie coaches in 08, none had a losing record and THREE went into the playoffs.

Also: Chad Pennington, Matt Cassell, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Tavaris Jackson, Kerry Collins, Jake Delhomme, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese...how bout that list of pro bowl QBs. Wait...I mean how about those "franchise QBs". Wait...

How about a list of QBs who all had winning records in 08.

CHANGE...its what the NFL is about. Every year is different. Unless you're in Oakland, there is always a chance your team turns the corner. That's why we play the games. Unless your team resides in Pittsburgh or Indy, guess what...you're team is not a lock to make the playoffs year in and year out. Who thought Dallas and New England would be sitting home last year when the playoffs started, and that the 1-15 Dolphins and the 4-12 Falcons would be in the playoffs?
                Flawed! NE lost their starting qb who just so happens to be a future 1st ballot hall of fame. Dallas lost both Marion Barber/Tony Romo for a time/and Felix Jones. Both Dolphins and Falcons got proven GMs and FO personell in Parcells and Dimitroff. They both got good qbs. They added/played with proven running backs and improved at virtually every position.

Denver....did not do that. They lost a great qb, didnt get better at most positions except FS and RB and may be on the verge of losing their #1 WR.

Sorry, that turn around only happens when you do great in the off season, Broncos have not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
                  Flawed! NE lost their starting qb who just so happens to be a future 1st ballot hall of fame. Dallas lost both Marion Barber/Tony Romo for a time/and Felix Jones. Both Dolphins and Falcons got proven GMs and FO personell in Parcells and Dimitroff. They both got good qbs. They added/played with proven running backs and improved at virtually every position.

Denver....did not do that. They lost a great qb, didnt get better at most positions except FS and RB and may be on the verge of losing their #1 WR.

Sorry, that turn around only happens when you do great in the off season, Broncos have not.

sigpic

Comment

TROLLSAUCE!!!!

seriously though...

No wait...I had it right the first time.

TROLL!
                    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot! It was only AFTER Miami hired Parcells and signed Chad Pennington that they were picked to win their division, go 11-5, and make the playoffs. Duh! How could I forget! Same with the Falcons! It was only AFTER they drafted Matt Ryan that everybody picked them to have an awesome season and get in the playoffs.

Oh wait... nope. Both teams were still picked to finish last in their respective divisions and need to wait 2-4 years before being playoff caliber teams, and everybody said Matt Ryan should probably sit on the bench for a year to learn.

Point is, nobody knows what is going to happen. Detroit could go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl and Mathew Stafford could throw for 60TD's. There's no way unless you have a time machine, that you could 100% prove to me that that could NEVER happen. Is it unlikely? Tremendously unlikely. But is it possible? Yes. That "yes" is why people always root for the Broncos. You "realists" seem to think we're being homers, but change happens every season in the NFL. Who saw the Saints coming a couple years back? Nobody except their fans. Who saw the Falcons, the Dolphins, and Joe Flacco coming last year? Nobody except their fans. Who ever believed in any bottom feeder team to come around and make the playoffs the next year? Nobody but their fans. I guarantee you NOBODY picked the Cardinals to make the Super Bowl last year other than their fans, and I'm sure they were ridiculed just like you and so many other "realists" ridicule us. So just give us a break, and realize that differing opinions can exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        Oh yeah I forgot! It was only AFTER Miami hired Parcells and signed Chad Pennington that they were picked to win their division, go 11-5, and make the playoffs. Duh! How could I forget! Same with the Falcons! It was only AFTER they drafted Matt Ryan that everybody picked them to have an awesome season and get in the playoffs.
                        Oh, you mean they made improvements to major positions? Something Denver hasnt done? Oh! Ok.

Oh wait... nope. Both teams were still picked to finish last in their respective divisions and need to wait 2-4 years before being playoff caliber teams, and everybody said Matt Ryan should probably sit on the bench for a year to learn.
                        He should sit behind who? Chris Redman? Everyone knew Ryan was going to start from the get go. After adding Michael Turner, and after their draft, ATL was being picked as maybe a surprise team.

Point is, nobody knows what is going to happen. Detroit could go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl and Mathew Stafford could throw for 60TD's. There's no way unless you have a time machine, that you could 100% prove to me that that could NEVER happen. Is it unlikely? Tremendously unlikely. But is it possible? Yes. That "yes" is why people always root for the Broncos. You "realists" seem to think we're being homers, but change happens every season in the NFL. Who saw the Saints coming a couple years back? Nobody except their fans. Who saw the Falcons, the Dolphins, and Joe Flacco coming last year? Nobody except their fans. Who ever believed in any bottom feeder team to come around and make the playoffs the next year? Nobody but their fans. I guarantee you NOBODY picked the Cardinals to make the Super Bowl last year other than their fans, and I'm sure they were ridiculed just like you and so many other "realists" ridicule us. So just give us a break, and realize that differing opinions can exist.
                        Ok, it CAN happen. But is it likely? No! That's the difference. Hell you guys can go 0-16 and Orton could throw nothing but pick sixes. Could it happen? Yes. Is it likely? No!

Thats the difference. You guys keep talking about all the good stuff that can happen, but dont talk about the bad. There's two sides to every story and you guys only acknowledge one, and the fictional one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
                          TROLLSAUCE!!!!

seriously though...

No wait...I had it right the first time.

TROLL!
                          What in my post is me being a troll? It's the truth. A big transformation could happen, but is it likely? No. Both the teams mentioned(Dolphins/Falcons) had GREAT off seasons. Has Denver had a great off season? No.

Comment

What in my post is me being a troll? It's the truth. A big transformation could happen, but is it likely? No. Both the teams mentioned(Dolphins/Falcons) had GREAT off seasons. Has Denver had a great off season? No.
                            You're on a different teams messageboard in the General Discussions area.

If you wanna talk smack, go to talking smack.

...troll.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              You're on a different teams messageboard in the General Discussions area.

If you wanna talk smack, go to talking smack.

...troll.
                              Yeah, what he said!

You have 0, count them, none, nada, zippo, zilch, zero, no facts to back up any of your claims. You admittedly hate this team therefore your entire opinion is based on biased, not to mention what you determine to be a "great off season" may not in fact be what it takes to have a so called, "great off season" Your lack of objective fact finding, and trash talking on another teams board is what makes you a troll. I'm not over on the Chiefs board posting smack about your team. I would ask the same of you, but I cannot imagine that is ever going to happen, so if I were you I would just get used to being referred to as a Troll.
                              Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                              X