Kick Returner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick Returner

Kind of random, but is there any news on who Denver has as their kick returner, or are they sticking with Royal. I was kinda hoping David Grimes would get it, I enjoyed watching him play for Notre Dame and he was athletic and very skilled.
    :2cents::devil::brick::wave::shake::dance::doh::hammer::nono::usa:

Originally posted by denverfan7 View Post
    Kind of random, but is there any news on who Denver has as their kick returner, or are they sticking with Royal. I was kinda hoping David Grimes would get it, I enjoyed watching him play for Notre Dame and he was athletic and very skilled.
    I think Eddie is going to have too big of a role on the team to risk on returning this year. Keep in mind, this is just opinion here.

I think the team has ALOT of options. There is Nate Swift, Grimes and Alphonso Smith in addition to Eddie.

Id like to see a platoon of Alphonso and Swift duke it out for the lead returner role.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Whoever it is he wont be as dynamic as Devin Hester. Seriously, Cutler has never had such an explosive weapon as Hester, he may break the record for TD's in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2Hester View Post
        Whoever it is he wont be as dynamic as Devin Hester. Seriously, Cutler has never had such an explosive weapon as Hester, he may break the record for TD's in a season.
        That is quite possibly the weakest attempt at trolling I have ever seen.
        Last edited by McSmashie; 07-07-2009, 07:32 PM.
        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

If Cutler couldn't beat it with Marshall, Royal, Stokley, and Scheffler than what makes you think that he can beat if with Hester, and all the other crap the bears have.
          :2cents::devil::brick::wave::shake::dance::doh::hammer::nono::usa:

Comment

What the hell is this? Hester and Cutler both aren't on this team. You're lame.
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by denverfan7 View Post
              Besides Royal there are seven rookies who returned kicks/punts in college: Moreno, McKinley, Grimes, Swift, Taylor, Smith and Carter.

Chad Jackson is also a KR.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Besides Royal there are seven rookies who returned kicks/punts in college: Moreno, McKinley, Grimes, Swift, Taylor, Smith and Carter.

Chad Jackson is also a KR.
                Moreno I think is definitely out. He is going to be working hard enough as the primary back. I dont think Taylor and Carter make the squad, so, to me, they are out.

I did forget about Jackson though. Good catch. McKinley too. But they may be pretty busy if Marshall is holding out or benched.
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                  Moreno I think is definitely out. He is going to be working hard enough as the primary back. I dont think Taylor and Carter make the squad, so, to me, they are out.

I did forget about Jackson though. Good catch. McKinley too. But they may be pretty busy if Marshall is holding out or benched.
                  Royal will need to take turns. It's hard for an offensive player to return because after the pile gets unsorted they have to huddle up. At least they're right there.

Remember last year when people were complaining about using a second round pick on Royal who was just a kick returner?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Personally I think special teams should not be undervalued in terms of saving players.

I can see protecting a guy like Moreno, but anyone else should be willing and able. The better our special teams are the easier it will be for our offense to put points on the board if the ST didn't do it themselves. I could be wrong in this assumption but as had been mentioned time and time again, we need to improve ST and ST are hugely important and easily overlooked when evaluating what a team is capable of.

Royal has already gone on record in saying he is down with it and wants to do it again. Moreno would obviously be the bomb and if we happen to make the playoffs, I would not be surprised to see marquee players taking on that role.

I can't wait to see McKinley in action on ST or just O
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Royal will need to take turns. It's hard for an offensive player to return because after the pile gets unsorted they have to huddle up. At least they're right there.

Remember last year when people were complaining about using a second round pick on Royal who was just a kick returner?
                      Being a Virginia native, I knew about Eddie Royal and almost peed my pants when we drafted him. I didnt see it coming but I was SUPER STOKED when it happened. I knew he was going to make a big mark.

Thing with Eddie is, Im proud he is a Bronco. He is the type of PERSON we need, not just player. He can front the team is grace and dignity. We need alot more of him around.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Being a Virginia native, I knew about Eddie Royal and almost peed my pants when we drafted him. I didnt see it coming but I was SUPER STOKED when it happened. I knew he was going to make a big mark.

Thing with Eddie is, Im proud he is a Bronco. He is the type of PERSON we need, not just player. He can front the team is grace and dignity. We need alot more of him around.
                        Speaking of peeing pants.......

sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

That is quite possibly the weakest attempt at trolling I have ever seen.
                          Mainly because Hester sucked at KR/PR after becoming a WR.
                          sigpic

Comment

Chad Jackson ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Speaking of peeing pants.......

I said ALMOST. I stopped short, unlike OTHER people around here.

Like you.
                              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Working...
                              X