Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Well, kick returning and punt returning are different beasts. I think we have at least a couple of guys who might make the squad mainly because they can field kicks or punts. Swift is one who might be a valuable asset because of his return abilities, and as a 6th or 7th wide receiver. That wouldn't necessarily mean that Eddie wasn't going to get his reps, though. He did average just over 26 yards per kickoff return last year and is very dangerous.

This all just goes to highlight the big word of the day once McDaniels came to town -- competition. At every position. This can only make the team stronger. :go:

Leave a comment:

• dannylee
    replied
    in my opinion i reckon that we will use Royal and Smith on Kickoffs and Maybe mix it up on punts some times Royal sometimes Smith just so the other teams cant get used to one returner in the game

Leave a comment:

• AtwaterHITS27
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Mainly because Hester sucked at KR/PR after becoming a WR.
    Or after the media over-hyped him. How many kick returns did he have for TD's last year? Let's pause for a moment of silence.

We have lots of able guys to return kicks. From what I remember, last year the Pat's used Wes Welker on PR/KR duties and he did fine. I do think however that we should try out everyone else willing and not just throw Eddie in the role again. I could dig Alphonso running back kicks.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    I'm guessing it will be Chad Jackson, he finished last year returning kicks.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    NO
    I knew you did!!!!

stay tuned........

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Soooo, you do want to hear the story?!
    NO

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    I said ALMOST. I stopped short, unlike OTHER people around here.

Like you.
    Soooo, you do want to hear the story?!

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Well Jay is good at throwing to cornerbacks....who knows?

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Speaking of peeing pants.......

I said ALMOST. I stopped short, unlike OTHER people around here.

Like you.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Chad Jackson ftw.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    That is quite possibly the weakest attempt at trolling I have ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Being a Virginia native, I knew about Eddie Royal and almost peed my pants when we drafted him. I didnt see it coming but I was SUPER STOKED when it happened. I knew he was going to make a big mark.

Thing with Eddie is, Im proud he is a Bronco. He is the type of PERSON we need, not just player. He can front the team is grace and dignity. We need alot more of him around.
    Speaking of peeing pants.......

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Royal will need to take turns. It's hard for an offensive player to return because after the pile gets unsorted they have to huddle up. At least they're right there.

Remember last year when people were complaining about using a second round pick on Royal who was just a kick returner?
    Being a Virginia native, I knew about Eddie Royal and almost peed my pants when we drafted him. I didnt see it coming but I was SUPER STOKED when it happened. I knew he was going to make a big mark.

Thing with Eddie is, Im proud he is a Bronco. He is the type of PERSON we need, not just player. He can front the team is grace and dignity. We need alot more of him around.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Personally I think special teams should not be undervalued in terms of saving players.

I can see protecting a guy like Moreno, but anyone else should be willing and able. The better our special teams are the easier it will be for our offense to put points on the board if the ST didn't do it themselves. I could be wrong in this assumption but as had been mentioned time and time again, we need to improve ST and ST are hugely important and easily overlooked when evaluating what a team is capable of.

Royal has already gone on record in saying he is down with it and wants to do it again. Moreno would obviously be the bomb and if we happen to make the playoffs, I would not be surprised to see marquee players taking on that role.

I can't wait to see McKinley in action on ST or just O

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Moreno I think is definitely out. He is going to be working hard enough as the primary back. I dont think Taylor and Carter make the squad, so, to me, they are out.

I did forget about Jackson though. Good catch. McKinley too. But they may be pretty busy if Marshall is holding out or benched.
    Royal will need to take turns. It's hard for an offensive player to return because after the pile gets unsorted they have to huddle up. At least they're right there.

Remember last year when people were complaining about using a second round pick on Royal who was just a kick returner?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X