X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by SheerCold View Post
    I like David Bruton as a player and person, he's a class act, and he's tough safety.

Even, though we've addressed the safety position in the 2009 draft, what are they odds of us drafting Taylor Mays? I still want to see this guy in a Bronco uniform.

I like Mays too, but I think McBath and Bruton (and possible Barrett) will get a few years to prove they are the safeties of the future. I think there is little to no chance we take a S in round 1.

Leave a comment:

• owninit
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    ... the Broncos took big steps to fix the Safety situation.

The only glimmer of light at that position in '08 was Josh Barrett ... a rookie.

Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton and Johnson added!!! Thank goodness!!!:clap:

Jim Johnson was quoted in an interview saying that the key to his defense was the secondary, especially the safeties.:thumb:

Safeties are usually big on ST, too
    A field general safety is the cog in the sprocket if you as me. Control the middle, whack people, and direct traffic. It's usually a CB type Body and skill with a MLB mentality

I think Jim Johnson will be missed more than any philly fan wants to admit if he isn't healthy for the season. As a person i wish him a return to good health, as a "not fan" of philly, i hope he is only healthy enough to live a great life, but not healthy enough to return to coaching.

Leave a comment:

• SheerCold
    replied
    I like David Bruton as a player and person, he's a class act, and he's tough safety.

Even, though we've addressed the safety position in the 2009 draft, what are they odds of us drafting Taylor Mays? I still want to see this guy in a Bronco uniform.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    So glad ...

... the Broncos took big steps to fix the Safety situation.

The only glimmer of light at that position in '08 was Josh Barrett ... a rookie.

Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton and Johnson added!!! Thank goodness!!!:clap:

Jim Johnson was quoted in an interview saying that the key to his defense was the secondary, especially the safeties.:thumb:

Safeties are usually big on ST, too.

Leave a comment:

• owninit
    replied
    Cool Piece, I hadn't seen it before, but yet again chock it up to another exciting character guy that was brought in.

P.S. I'm not real big on retireing numbers. Elway yes, floyd little, maybee, TD, no.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Wow, every time you hear or read something from these rookies, you see a lot of drive and whatnot, but what strikes me is that you can tell from just a few sentences and phrases that they really are all pretty damned smart. These kids just might make it in this league.

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
    Hoss--your post just made me realize something. Orton is the first QB not to be compared to Elway. It's all Cutler vs. Orton. Interesting. I wonder how long this will last? I wonder if it broke that oppressive comparison for good?
    Interesting point. Is it veteran acquisition vs. rookie draft pick, or a function of time, or maybe both? Once the season starts and games start being played, long-time Broncos fans will still probably be doing it subconsciously if nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• dannylee
    replied
    i like the look of this guy i watched his draft profile and looked on youtube for a couple of vids just after we drafted him and i feel he could do a very good job on special teams this year and god knows we do need some help on it.

Hopefully he and larsen step up and hit someone hard hehe

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I am happy Bruton on the team.

I hope he has a good season this year...

Leave a comment:

• SimonSteele
    replied
    Hoss--your post just made me realize something. Orton is the first QB not to be compared to Elway. It's all Cutler vs. Orton. Interesting. I wonder how long this will last? I wonder if it broke that oppressive comparison for good?

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    I personally dislike the retiring of numbers. It is selfish on our generation's part.

Who's to say that the NFL will be short-lived? Eventually we are going to begin running low on #s.
    I knows it's a topic for a thread of it's own but I agree. You can't go around retiring the number of all great players. #7 is the only number in the Broncos history that should be retired. He was, and still is, the face of the Denver Broncos. Every QB that steps through the doors is compared to him and lives in his shadows. Other than that all numbers should be available.

Leave a comment:

• xDenver Freakx
    replied
    I read this article earlier and I'm glad to have Bruton on the team.

Leave a comment:

• mx_stiles13
    replied
    Originally posted by Bioengineer View Post
    Could we please retire #30? mike bell why did u have start this...
    I personally dislike the retiring of numbers. It is selfish on our generation's part.

Who's to say that the NFL will be short-lived? Eventually we are going to begin running low on #s.
    Last edited by mx_stiles13; 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFreak#1 View Post
    I agree with that
    Then #84 needs to go as well.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFreak#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bioengineer View Post
    I agree with that

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X