2009 kick and punt returner candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 kick and punt returner candidates

now that jj is gone and royal looks likes hes going to be busy i think on kick off return we shoulf put the following:

nate swift and kenny mckinley and part time with royal and hillis and maybe knowshon

punt return should be nate swift and sometimes royal.

any suggestions
    Now go get your shine box

I think Kenny McKinley and Chad Jackson will be our starting kick returners. Punts are a tougher question. I dont know who will start, but my guess is we do what the Steelers do with Santonio Holmes. When we need a big play Royal will be the one back there.

I like Nate Swift, but with Jackson impressing so far I think he is practice squad material.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
      now that jj is gone and royal looks likes hes going to be busy i think on kick off return we shoulf put the following:

nate swift and kenny mckinley and part time with royal and hillis and maybe knowshon

punt return should be nate swift and sometimes royal.

any suggestions
      No hillis is a power runner. Hes not gonna run people over in special teams like he would at RB or FB. No with knowshon as well. We dont want to take that risk with him getting hurt. Knowshon will be a huge factor for our offence cause he will help orton out at QB. Hes no cutler.
      sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

I'm hoping David Grimes gets a chance. I watched him a few times and he was very athletic and a fun player to watch.
        :2cents::devil::brick::wave::shake::dance::doh::hammer::nono::usa:

Comment

i remember hillis being back there on kick return a few times i dont remember if he got the ball or not but hes an option
          Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
            i remember hillis being back there on kick return a few times i dont remember if he got the ball or not but hes an option
            Hillis was there to block and once he caught the ball because the kicker tried to avoid Royal as a returner. We also have Alphonso Smith as an option.
            sigpic

Comment

'09 Kick/Punt Returner Candidates

Those who have returned before (NFL or in college):
              • Eddie Royal (will do some);

Knowshon Moreno (returned in college, expect some);

Chad Jackson (just how serious he is about it may affect his roster spot);

Kenny McKinley (one of the reasons he was drafted / multi-purpose);

David Grimes (not expected to make the roster);

Nate Swift (practice squad?);

Lucas Taylor (wanna play ball???);

Matt Willis (whuddup?);

Alphonso Smith (college returner);

Tony Carter (PS?);

Others who might be willing to step up:
              • Peyton Hillis (just how amazingly crazy is this Razorback?);

Jack Williams (gotta make the team ... somehow);

Darcel McBath (will you do anything to make the team/).

The envelope, please?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'd let the two fastest and quickest guys on the team do it besides Royal and moreno except for occasions i.e like Holmes ... lol kinda obvious I know, but seriously that's one thing that we haven't done in the past, I never see a BLAZING fast guy out there for returner for our team for some reason...Glenn MArtinez??? it's like huh!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  I'd let the two fastest and quickest guys on the team do it besides Royal and moreno except for occasions i.e like Holmes ... lol kinda obvious I know, but seriously that's one thing that we haven't done in the past, I never see a BLAZING fast guy out there for returner for our team for some reason...Glenn MArtinez??? it's like huh!?!?!?
                  Well, Glen did take one to the house while he was here. he was shifty.
                  Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
                  Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Jack Williams (gotta make the team ... somehow);

Darcel McBath (will you do anything to make the team/).[/LIST]

The envelope, please?
                    You obviously havent been paying attention if you think these two guys are at risk to not make the team.

Jack Williams was arguably the most impressive player in all of the OTA's, and has a very good chance of holding off Alphonso Smith for Nickel duties. I dont know if a team has ever cut a 2nd round pick in his rookie year, and McBath is our FS of the future and could compete for a starting job if he impresses in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      You obviously havent been paying attention if you think these two guys are at risk to not make the team.

Jack Williams was arguably the most impressive player in all of the OTA's, and has a very good chance of holding off Alphonso Smith for Nickel duties
                      . I dont know if a team has ever cut a 2nd round pick in his rookie year, and McBath is our FS of the future and could compete for a starting job if he impresses in camp.
                      dude you keep saying that, but I have yet to read anything about that.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        I know the article he's talking about...he's right...they said Jack MF WIlliams has been VERY Impressive and yes holdin' off PHONZO ..but that won't be for long i don't think

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          Its been reported numerous times by the Denver Post and the main site. He was constantly making plays throughout OTA's and mini camps. A lot can change when they put the pads on, but he has been very impressive thus far.

Contrary to a report in June (released by Smith's agent) he has not been promoted to Nickel corner. I love the Smith pick, but he has been overshadowed by the play of Williams so far.

Comment

I'd love to see Eddy back there. He's got sure hands, he's a smart football player, and he's a play maker. If he's the best we have, put him back there.

Comment

itll be Josh Cribbs after we swapp bmarsh for him. lol jk

Comment

Working...
                              X