X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mighty Chad Jackson will take on these duties...™
    This space for rent

Comment

from what ive been reading on the main site itll be chad jackson as our main returner wouldnt be surprised if we use Royal aswell for punts as we know he can be very dangerous, if moreno is expected to start then why not use buckhalter as a returner too i mean didnt McD say he was our fastest running back??
      sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Those who have returned before (NFL or in college):
        • Eddie Royal (will do some);

Knowshon Moreno (returned in college, expect some);

Chad Jackson (just how serious he is about it may affect his roster spot);

Kenny McKinley (one of the reasons he was drafted / multi-purpose);

David Grimes (not expected to make the roster);

Nate Swift (practice squad?);

Lucas Taylor (wanna play ball???);

Matt Willis (whuddup?);

Alphonso Smith (college returner);

Tony Carter (PS?);

Others who might be willing to step up:
        • Peyton Hillis (just how amazingly crazy is this Razorback?);

Jack Williams (gotta make the team ... somehow);

Darcel McBath (will you do anything to make the team/).

The envelope, please?
        josh barrett is pretty freekin fast

he would be awsome back there
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
          You obviously havent been paying attention if you think these two guys are at risk to not make the team.

Jack Williams was arguably the most impressive player in all of the OTA's, and has a very good chance of holding off Alphonso Smith for Nickel duties. I dont know if a team has ever cut a 2nd round pick in his rookie year, and McBath is our FS of the future and could compete for a starting job if he impresses in camp.
          Pardon the hyperbole. I wasn't myself at the time. The topic evokes thoughts of NFL TCs where players do amazing things on ST, especially during preseason.

The first part of the list includes the obvious candidates and those at the end were more speculative.

Remember when Rod Smith returned kicks? Willingness on ST is indicative of attitude.
          Last edited by samparnell; 07-11-2009, 02:38 AM.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I gotta go with either Eddie Royal or Jack Williams.
            sigpic

Comment

You obviously havent been paying attention if you think these two guys are at risk to not make the team.

Jack Williams was arguably the most impressive player in all of the OTA's, and has a very good chance of holding off Alphonso Smith for Nickel duties. I dont know if a team has ever cut a 2nd round pick in his rookie year, and McBath is our FS of the future and could compete for a starting job if he impresses in camp.
              i think josh barrett is going to be a phenominal player

he finished strong last season and i believe he will have a great career here in denver or somewhere else

i think he has a great shot at being a good FS for the broncos in the future
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Pardon the hyperbole. I wasn't myself at the time. The topic evokes thoughts of NFL TCs where players do amazing things on ST, especially during preseason.

The first part of the list includes the obvious candidates and those at the end were more speculative.

Remember when Rod Smith returned kicks? Willingness on ST is indicative of attitude.
                Ok, I get it now. And I agree that both those players will have big roles on special teams, but i dont think their roster spots are at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                  i think josh barrett is going to be a phenominal player

he finished strong last season and i believe he will have a great career here in denver or somewhere else

i think he has a great shot at being a good FS for the broncos in the future
                  I like Barrett a lot too, but I think he is better suited for SS. Learning behind Dawkins will be great for him...He'll likely compete for the starting SS job once Dawkins retires.

Comment

I like the idea of Royal just doing spot duty at Punt Return.

Additionally, I would love to see several guys given a shot at it throughout the season:

Smith, McKinnley, and Jack Williams

I think all three of those guys would be very dangerous at punt returns because of their lateral quickness and straightline speed.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Its been reported numerous times by the Denver Post and the main site. He was constantly making plays throughout OTA's and mini camps. A lot can change when they put the pads on, but he has been very impressive thus far.

Contrary to a report in June (released by Smith's agent) he has not been promoted to Nickel corner. I love the Smith pick, but he has been overshadowed by the play of Williams so far.
                      Well if you show me these "numerous" reports, then I'll admit I was wrong.

I don't recall reading anything about Jack MF Williams being extremely impressive. Show me please.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I wana see Kyle Orton return a few kicks - he's that good!

J/K, yo

Comment

Working...
                        X