Gaffney lining up as starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Like someone else said it's not like we can just line up without a #1 someone has to do it....

This is just non-news, it's someone trying to make a story out of nothing because they have nothing else to report on.
    The joy of the dead zone between OTAs and TC.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but during the year I was at UMass I saw a lot (er...all of them) of Pats games and it seemed like every time they needed a clutch reception Gaffney was there.

I was thrilled when we signed him and remain thrilled today.
      sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
        I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but during the year I was at UMass I saw a lot (er...all of them) of Pats games and it seemed like every time they needed a clutch reception Gaffney was there.

I was thrilled when we signed him and remain thrilled today.
        Its been mentioned before, but it is tough to catch any of the spotlight when you are standing behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker. This is going to be a big step up for him. Lets hope he can handle it.
        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Jabar Gaffney as a starter. That would be a blow to the offense.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

I guess this has been mentioned but you got to fill that spot wit someone right?Cant just be empty!......lol funny thread
            sigpic Tha100%RetuRN...

Comment

I have real mixed emotions about Gaffney. I watched him with Houston, because of David Carr. One time David hit him dead in the back of the head with a bomb and Gaffney didn't even look for the ball. I have never been high on him and I think we should be cautious that he was made to look good by other receivers.

In this case Brandon Marshall is probably a must if we are to get value out of Gaffney. Again, I admit I haven't seen that much of Gaffney, since he left Houston.

The comment that he was good at running routes was true at that time, but he didn't get separation. Some time has past and apparently he has matured. I just have my doubts on this one. I want to see him in real action with the Broncos.

I think of him as a good three, not a two or one. He's a solid citizen. I just don't think he is as talented as some think.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                Better Gaffney at #2 than Stokley in my opinion.
                are you serious? i would take stokely as a 1 or 2 wr over most of the wr's on the team, (royal is an exception of course), the man is clutch and has hands made of glue,duck tape, velcro, honey, syrup, everything that is sticky!!!

Comment

who'd you expect?

Originally posted by RoyalTheNewRod View Post
                  Not sure what to think of this...Your thoughts?
                  Someone has to be on the first unit if Marshall isn't practicing, so who else do you think it should be? Seems like the logical choice, from my perspective.
                  There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them. - Louis Armstrong
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                    I don't know if it would 'blow' .

Gaffney brings some great consistency to McDaniels offensive scheme. He's a solid route runner, and will provide a nice safety blanket for Orton.

Of course he's not as good as Marshall... but at least we have someone decently productive with a history of the offense to fill in for the million dollar athlete, and his ten cent head.

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                      What kind of a blow are you talking about?
                      Last edited by samparnell; 07-12-2009, 06:56 PM.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I saw Gaff play when he first came into the league at Houston. He was raw, but you could see plenty of talent there. He got a lot better in New England and I have no problem with him being a starter if he earns that spot. At least with Gaffney I think the team can count on him to be there every Sunday during the season, and not suspended or in jail. That is a big plus in and of itself.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X