The Luckiest QB in the NFL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Luckiest QB in the NFL!

Luck is such an important factor in the NFL. Tough to rate and at times impossible to get on your side. Intangible and fleeting but when you do find it, hold on for the ride of your life.

Kyle Orton is in for the ride of his life. By far the luckiest QB in the NFL right now. The trade from Chicago to Denver on April 2, 2009 could not have proved this more than anything else. The Denver Broncos front office, coaching, O-Line and wide receiver core are much better than the Chicago Bears.

Kyle Orton has the strong work ethic, intelligence and talent to compliment his attitude of the underdog that will push him to better himself everyday to prove the disbelievers and haters wrong. Add this with, better yet, multiply this by the intangible of luck and get the popcorn ready. I predict big time success for K.O. this season.

I project Kyle Orton to lead the Broncos to a 12-4 regular season record, home field advantage throughout the playoffs, winning the conference and getting to the Super Bowl. From there it is any team can win.

I can not wait for this season to start! Wether I'm right or wrong we will see. If you think any QB in the NFL has more luck right now let's hear it!

GO BRONCOS!!

I'm going to be happy seeing 9-7 or 10-6. I think the Superbowl is a stretch, but hey, strange things have happened before in the NFL.
    sigpic

Comment

Attack the idea, not the person.

Be aware when you guys post pictures that there are people that let their children come to this community and they are welcome here.

If it's not appropriate in a classroom, church, or your job interview it's probably not appropriate here either.

Comment

Remember
        her he had absolutely Boone to throw to in Chicago....their beat wide out is an amazing athlete forced to play WR cause they don't have any....we will see how orton fares with an actual supporting cast around him

cutlers numbers will for sure drop for this reason also

Comment

I'm as big of a fan as anyone else, but to think we're going to go 12-4 is pretty ridiculous. I'd love to see it, but I see no way that will happen.

Our defense is still a huge question, our offense took a step back, and our schedule is hellacious. If we get to 8 wins I think it was a successful season.

Comment

It's a team game ...

... and interesting things happen when QBs change teams or when a team gets a new HC.

For the Broncos both of those and much else has transpired: New QBs, New HC, new DC, new OC, all new D coaches, half the players are new.

Given the style of offense and quarterbacking developed in NE, and the players Orton finds himself surrounded with in Denver, I'm sure he feels lucky.

D and ST need to show big improvement, and the whole team needs ... chemistry.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Orton_Backer81 View Post
              Luck is such an important factor in the NFL. Tough to rate and at times impossible to get on your side. Intangible and fleeting but when you do find it, hold on for the ride of your life.

Kyle Orton is in for the ride of his life. By far the luckiest QB in the NFL right now. The trade from Chicago to Denver on April 2, 2009 could not have proved this more than anything else. The Denver Broncos front office, coaching, O-Line and wide receiver core are much better than the Chicago Bears.

Kyle Orton has the strong work ethic, intelligence and talent to compliment his attitude of the underdog that will push him to better himself everyday to prove the disbelievers and haters wrong. Add this with, better yet, multiply this by the intangible of luck and get the popcorn ready. I predict big time success for K.O. this season.

I project Kyle Orton to lead the Broncos to a 12-4 regular season record, home field advantage throughout the playoffs, winning the conference and getting to the Super Bowl. From there it is any team can win.

I can not wait for this season to start! Wether I'm right or wrong we will see. If you think any QB in the NFL has more luck right now let's hear it!

GO BRONCOS!!
              Lets try this again, you have no statistics or analysis to back up your claim whatsoever. Whats the difference between me saying we will go 4-12, backing it up with nothing, and you saying 12-4 while also backing it up with nothing?

As you like to say "Get some facts and come back and see me"

Until then it's all just conjecture.
              http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
              MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

Originally posted by MJA View Post
                Lets try this again, you have no statistics or analysis to back up your claim whatsoever. Whats the difference between me saying we will go 4-12, backing it up with nothing, and you saying 12-4 while also backing it up with nothing?

He has an opinion - Just like you do - Neither require Facts. You're both entitled to them without having to justify. Taking Trumped Up Statistics from one Year/Team/System to the next mean little to nothing. Using them or "talking Heads' opinions do not prove your point.

Comment

Can you quantify ...

... "luck, intangibles, fleeting, work ethic, intelligence and talent"?

One man's facts are another man's opinions and visa versa.

Football is impossible to predict. Too many variables.

Everything posted on these boards about the future (i.e., roster, starters, record, individual performances) is conjecture.

MJA, calm down. Even when you post pages of stats to prove a point about what you think will happen, that's conjecture, too.

Let's cut each other some slack and respect a person's right to their opinion even if we disagree.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 07-19-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    ... "luck, intangibles, fleeting, work ethic, intelligence and talent"?

One man's facts are another man's opinions and visa versa.

Football is impossible to predict. Too many variables.

Everything posted on these boards about the future (i.e., roster, starters, record, individual performances) is conjecture.

MJA, calm down. Even when you post pages of stats to prove a point about what you think will happen, that's conjecture, too.

Let's cut each other some slack and respect a person's right to their opinion even if we disagree.
                    Thats simplifying the process way too much. Yes you have the right to an opinion, but if its backed up with nothing its hard to have a discussion about it. When people said Orton has a strong arm by looking at college tape, thats something you could discuss the merits of.

Your right, I do use stats to try to make a point, but thats something that can be debated (The relative merits of stats etc...). Here there is really nothing to go off of because we don't know the process he went through to reach his conclusion. If we don't know that, then how can we debate whether his line of thinking is right or not?

Edit: As I've posted before, I don't disagree with the idea that Orton can be successful here. The issue I have here is the way this opinion was posted and how it curtails any intellectual debate.
                    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

I'll take a positive attitude over statistics and analysis everytime. It's called a self fulfilling prophecy

Great post by the OP CP to you!!!
                      [sigpic

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        I'll take a positive attitude over statistics and analysis everytime. It's called a self fulfilling prophecy

Great post by the OP CP to you!!!
                        If all Bronco fans thought that way we just might bring a good Ora to the team, it is kind of like group praying, what can it hurt. You never know something positive just might come out of it. Think positive BRONCO FANS its called good karma.:go:
                        Last edited by TONYTZ; 07-19-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

i'm hoping for a good season,and think it will be better than allot of people have predicted,but as stated in this thread earlier it's purely conjecture,just because McD didn't draft or sign players we thought he should,or that we traded away Cutler we are going 0-16,we could have an amazing season he becomes coach of the year we could have a mediocre season and hear we told you so,we could have a lousy season and McD gets run out of town on a rail,we just have to wait and see,there is a reason McD is in the coach's office in Dove Valley,and were on the message boards arguing with each other.
                          I really like Cheese.

Comment

How did I know what I was going to read before opening this thread? Oh yeah, it was by Orton_Backer81

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'N Chronic View Post
                              How did I know what I was going to read before opening this thread? Oh yeah, it was by Orton_Backer81
                              Let me be blunt, Chronic.

You are prescient.

Comment

Working...
                              X