• Will we sweep the Chargers this year?

Dont forget one of those games is on a Monday Night!!!! and ill be there
    2-0
    17.36%
    1-1
    44.44%
    0-2
    38.19%
    Last edited by CA_BroncoFan; 07-22-2009, 10:14 AM.

You can't go 16-0 without going 2-0 against the Dolts errr I mean Bolts, so I voted 2-0

Comment

We sweep them. We may not have improved much, but with every year that LT ages, the Dolts sink lower and lower. Moreover, they've got a QB and coach who have taken one of the most talented teams in the league from 14-2 to 11-5 to 8-8. 5-11 beckons for the Dolts in 2009 and a return to familiar surroundings for them.
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
        We sweep them. We may not have improved much, but with every year that LT ages, the Dolts sink lower and lower. Moreover, they've got a QB and coach who have taken one of the most talented teams in the league from 14-2 to 11-5 to 8-8. 5-11 beckons for the Dolts in 2009 and a return to familiar surroundings for them.

Very good point and have really changed my frame of mind concerning them!!

Comment

The Broncos have the potential to take down the Chargers again. As AC1 points out, the Chargers are falling into quite a pit. It's a matter of how confident we are when we play them. This could be a problem though, because we're playing the Pats and Steelers right before we face San Diego on their own turf. 1-1 is a realistic bet.
          Last edited by Fargo; 07-22-2009, 01:58 PM.
          Brock you like a hurricane!
          sigpic
          Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

1-1 with each home team winning IMO
            sigpicI am from BRONCOLOMBIA

Comment

I'm with Greenyeti.

PROVE ME WRONG BRONCOS!!!

Comment

My theory ...

... about the '09 Broncos involves several "splits", this being one of them.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I voted 1-1, odds are in favor of a divisional split with all the teams as much as i hate to admit it.

I only pray that nunnley has that d-line amped as possible about putting the pressure on!!!!!

Comment

Nope, they'll sweep us, and the games probably won't be close either. They're getting Merriman back healthy and Phillip Rivers is emerging as one of the best QB's in the league, and has a plethora of weapons around him. We'll have to rely heavily on the legs of Knowshon Moreno to even have a chance, as Orton is not the passer Cutler is.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                      Nope, they'll sweep us, and the games probably won't be close either. They're getting Merriman back healthy and Phillip Rivers is emerging as one of the best QB's in the league, and has a plethora of weapons around him. We'll have to rely heavily on the legs of Knowshon Moreno to even have a chance, as Orton is not the passer Cutler is.
                      He's not the fumbler either, so we won't need hoculli......[/sarcasm]

Lord I apologize……..and be with the starving pigmy’s in New Guinea

Comment

Are you a Chugger fan?
                        Don't Panic!

Comment

I voted 1-1. I think McDaniels' offense will prepare the Broncos better to play against the Chargers. I did not like how we managed the second game, the running game was abandoned too early. Merriman is back, but the OL is our biggest strenght. Orton won't seek the risky throws all the time, he will find the RBs and TEs in short routes to counter the blitz. Moreno and Buckhalter will play a big role. They lost DE Olshansky, I don't know if they will miss him. And we never faced them with Hillis on the field running and catching, he might create some good mismatches. I think we would have better chances with Woodyard on the field at ILB, but he will probably be on the bench, unfortunately.
                          sigpic

Comment

Orton is not the passer Cutler is.
                            I sure hope not. I mean, if Orton does not throw 1 int in the red zone and then a fumble in the red zone with the game on the line, we'll be okay. And I hope McDanies does not make Orton throw the ball 49 times like Bates did to Cutler in week 17. I don't want to see 50-yard bombs to nowhere, I want to see game management and smart decisions.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              I sure hope not. I mean, if Orton does not throw 1 int in the red zone and then a fumble in the red zone with the game on the line, we'll be okay. And I hope McDanies does not make Orton throw the ball 49 times like Bates did to Cutler in week 17. I don't want to see 50-yard bombs to nowhere, I want to see game management and smart decisions.
                              If you prefer game-manager QB's to gunslingers, more power to you, I guess. I like a QB to actually be able to make those 50 yard bombs, which I doubt Orton can do as well and as often Cutler could. I can live with 1 INT per game if the QB plays well for the most part, which Cutler did. Orton is not as good as Cutler, no amount of McD koolaid drinking is gonna change that.

Comment

Working...
                              X