Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKinley Signs!

Kenny McKinley-WR-Broncos Jul. 22 - 9:33 pm et

Broncos signed fifth-round WR Kenny McKinley to a four-year contract.
    McKinley was a dominant route runner under Steve Spurrier at the other USC, but has a stringbean build and often shied from contact over the middle as a Gamecock. Barring a Brandon Marshall suspension and at least one injury ahead of him, McKinley isn't going to see much time on offense this year.
    Source: Denver Post

----------------------------
    Also a tidbit on Ayers
    Robert Ayers-DL-Broncos Jul. 22 - 9:48 pm et

First-round pick Robert Ayers fully anticipates signing before the start of training camp.
    "I think it'll get done," Ayers said. "My agent and the Broncos have been working on it." Denver has been in no obvious rush to get its draft class signed, with only two of ten picks under contract with eight days left 'til camp.
    Source: Denver Post

-----------------------------
    2 down, 8 to go...

No glimpse on money details yet? I guess we can assume league min.

At least some things are moving in the FO, i was beginning to think no one would get signed

Now if the things we're all dieing to get settled would actually start making some progress instead of making sure our practice squad is filled out.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      No glimpse on money details yet? I guess we can assume league min.

At least some things are moving in the FO, i was beginning to think no one would get signed

Now if the things we're all dieing to get settled would actually start making some progress instead of making sure our practice squad is filled out.
      Yeah, we'll be real lucky to get our rookies signed before camp starts. It could happen, but it will take a lot of work.

Also McKinley is hardly practice squad material. He would not make it through waivers if he were cut. He'll be our 5th or 6th WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Yeah, we'll be real lucky to get our rookies signed before camp starts. It could happen, but it will take a lot of work.

Also McKinley is hardly practice squad material. He would not make it through waivers if he were cut. He'll be our 5th or 6th WR.
        I can see McKinnley cathcing 25-30 balls this year. He has excellent hands, excellent speed, and he runs great routes. He has all of the makings to be a superb slot receiver.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

who is on the bubble Stokely ?

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          I can see McKinnley cathcing 25-30 balls this year. He has excellent hands, excellent speed, and he runs great routes. He has all of the makings to be a superb slot receiver.
          Looking at all of the receivers competing, and making the Assumption the BMarsh is on the team, I am wondering how Brandon Stokely will fit in this year?
          Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

imho we have 2 out of the 3 best slot receivers in the game, (Stokes, and eddie will prolly see a lot of slot this year.)

That's all I meant by the practice squad remark. If the WR corps is around(marsh) and healthy I just don't see McK getting a lot of opportunities.

Comment

homer

I dont see him getting any work on offense. I think Chad Jackson has a better shot at making the team than McKinley. Actually, I think McKinley will make the team as the 6th and final receiver, but mostly be a gameday inactive in his rookie season IMO.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I made this statement elsewhere....

But lets see how the Marshall situation and the rookie signings go. I feel that Brandon is in fact in control of his fate, because if he wants to be a Bronco, he will be. Jay's situation (and not worth discussing too deeply....just go back into the multitude of threads on this topic if you will) may be the unique one, because of how he handled it. I'm seeing a pattern with McD. You play fair, and he'll back you. Casey's contract was an issue for just a short period of time.....he came to play, and was rewarded accordingly. I also feel that the rookies will be signed with good intentions, because.......they came to play.

So IMO......if McD sees character and commitment, I believe he is 100% sincere in making things work. I also believe he loves his guys.

My point is that I believe the signings will be fairly swift....as long as the players are excited to be here and want to contribute. I may be wrong, but that's the impression I get from McD.

Comment

I like this kid. Good sighning

Sorry if these have already been posted. Here is newly sighned WR Kenny McKinley, a day in the life and a highlight video.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z9cH...eature=related
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFQOS...eature=related
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdCY1yyiSBI&feature=fvw
                  Last edited by DFence; 07-23-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

heres another one.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zafx...eature=channel

Comment

I just wonder if he can take hits in the NFL, he looks frail to me. And will he avoid the middle of the field like Ashley Lelie? One big reason for Eddie Royal's early sucess, besides his quickness, is his amazing strenght and toughness for his size.
                      sigpic

Comment

He does look a bit small but if royal takes him under his wing and shows him how a small receiver can be productive in the NFL and if he can put on another ten pounds he could be a great backup and return man.

Comment

Originally posted by D# View Post
                          He does look a bit small but if royal takes him under his wing and shows him how a small receiver can be productive in the NFL and if he can put on another ten pounds he could be a great backup and return man.
                          I dont think there is such thing as a back up WR in McD's offense.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            I just wonder if he can take hits in the NFL, he looks frail to me. And will he avoid the middle of the field like Ashley Lelie? One big reason for Eddie Royal's early sucess, besides his quickness, is his amazing strenght and toughness for his size.
                            He is a bit of a project. I don't expect him to be much of a factor this season.

McKinley will be looked on to replace players like Stokley down the road.

My guess is he makes the team, but is inactive for the majority of the season.

He's basically a redshirt player.

Comment

Is it me, or does he look like Ocho Cinco?

Comment

Working...
                              X