McKinley Signs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Is it me, or does he look like Ocho Cinco?
    He does, well not in the face - but I can see the body type resemblance. Didn't Ocho get grief coming into the league that he was too skinny to take hits and be successful? The kid totally sounds just like ocho, too. Hopefully we'll see similarities in their production as well. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      He does, well not in the face - but I can see the body type resemblance. Didn't Ocho get grief coming into the league that he was too skinny to take hits and be successful? The kid totally sounds just like ocho, too. Hopefully we'll see similarities in their production as well. :thumb:
      Yeah, he's built almost exactly like '85', and the thing that struck me about the video I watched was the fact that he ran the slant so well.

This kid will play at some point, and who knows, he might be pretty good.

Comment

Nice quicks and speed. Keeps himself in between the DB and the pass. Reminds me of Eddie Royal but I haven't seen his hands, strength, field awareness or run-blocking yet to know if he'll be any where near as good.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
          I hope he plays like him and not act like him. I would like to see Kenny McKinley out there and not another Ocho Cinco.

:salute!:
          A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

Eh...

As fast as he is you would figure you would see him making some big plays.... He doesn't though. He also goes down very easily, every time anyone lays a hand on him he goes straight down. Nothing to see here, but a bunch of routine catches.

Watch this highlight video of the WR we drafted last year and you will see that McKinley isn't that impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Ly-XxMqMg
            Last edited by jdubv724; 07-23-2009, 08:19 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

i gotta say, this is the first time i've ever seen a fan of a football team state "good signing" in regards to a 5th round draft pick of theirs being signed

i thought it was pretty much expected that he'd be signed by you guys

when you read that statement, it's something you'd expect someone to say , of a free agency pick up, shouldn't it be "good drafting" ? lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                Yeah, he's built almost exactly like '85', and the thing that struck me about the video I watched was the fact that he ran the slant so well.

This kid will play at some point, and who knows, he might be pretty good.
                That's the feeling I've had about him. He runs excellent routes. He also has very good speed and exceptional hands. The strength can be improved with time in the weight room.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I just hope he works hard and becomes a Rod Smith type guy....great at alot of things but spectacular at nothing.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
                    Eh...

As fast as he is you would figure you would see him making some big plays.... He doesn't though. He also goes down very easily, every time anyone lays a hand on him he goes straight down. Nothing to see here, but a bunch of routine catches.

Watch this highlight video of the WR we drafted last year and you will see that McKinley isn't that impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Ly-XxMqMg
                    I am a HUGE Royal fan but remember that he was drafted in the 2nd for a reason. He just that much better and it is expected.

Comment

Working...
                    X