TE Richard Quinn Signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Exactly. Ayers and Moreno will get done. They mean too much to the McDaniels's regime.

That being said.... Im am pretty excited for our rookie class. Quinn getting done makes me feel better about McD as head coach.
    yep.

as of now only 2 first round picks have signed so its not like were the only team in the league to not have our guys under contract yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      It's hard to see a productive role for McKinley this year, but Quinn might surprise us. If he is really a good blocker like advertised, I would love to see him and Graham on the field blocking for Moreno. Plus, he's got good (and very big) hands to make tough catches. I think his weakness is the awful timed speed.
      Barring injury he may only see the field on 5 WR sets and maybe not even then. He may turn out to be a good KR though.
      sigpic

Comment

Good to see Quinn signed. He should be a very solid player for us and the future replacement for Daniel Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Etho View Post
          Alot of money heading there way both moreno and ayers. Be nice to see both sighned by tomarrow or friday. Would give me once less thing to think about during the weekend.
          Here's the funny part..... thinking about the team, Id love the signings to happen and be done! The sooner the better. But, res assures, its gonna get done.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

do they wait so long signing #1's because of the big money jump between 1st and 2nd rounders? You'd think they'd get them done first, since they obviously wanted them on the team the most, then they could see what money they have left to work with...

Comment

yay! they wait cause err1 taks vaction during june july

Comment

Players in the middle of the first round tend to take longer because nobody wants to be the one to overpay a slot and create a domino effect. I doubt Ayers get signed before the Chargers sign English. Moreno will probably take the deal based on what Clady got last year unless a team behind them skews the pecking order.
                \

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  do they wait so long signing #1's because of the big money jump between 1st and 2nd rounders? You'd think they'd get them done first, since they obviously wanted them on the team the most, then they could see what money they have left to work with...
                  Mwthinks a lot of it has to do with wanting to wait to see what the other 1st rounders are signing for. As much as a player means to the team, the core of it is this is a business and you don't want to be the team that sets the precedent.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Glad to see they are starting to roll in.

Heard Ayers saying that he expects to be at camp on time. Lets get em done.
                    sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Quinn is the 3rd TE, I think there's no contest between him and Putzier.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                        yep.

as of now only 2 first round picks have signed so its not like were the only team in the league to not have our guys under contract yet.
                        Not to mention the fact that we have two in the top-20 picks. That's some pretty serious coin. It will take time to negotiate everything out between them.

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Barring injury he may only see the field on 5 WR sets and maybe not even then. He may turn out to be a good KR though.
                        I think KR is his ticket onto the team. He has a chance to develop into a good receiver, but we're pretty deep at the position. I see him making the team as about the 6th WR, but dressing on game day to return kicks and/or punts.

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        Mwthinks a lot of it has to do with wanting to wait to see what the other 1st rounders are signing for. As much as a player means to the team, the core of it is this is a business and you don't want to be the team that sets the precedent.
                        That's what I keep reading, and it makes good sense. You don't want to be the knucklehead that overpays a guy, causing some domino effect of stupid contracts.

Oh, and I meant to quote GL47 and agree that Quinn is probably the 3rd TE ahead of Putzier out of camp. Between Putzier and Chad Mustard, we always have to cut at least one TE before the season starts, right? Some kind of rule?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          Quinn is the 3rd TE, I think there's no contest between him and Putzier.
                          Indeed, they traded quite a bit to get Quinn (why I don't know) so there's no way he doesn't make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                            Indeed, they traded quite a bit to get Quinn (why I don't know) so there's no way he doesn't make the team.
                            My opinion was that we got good value on the trade. We traded two picks for a higher pick and a lower pick, which value-wise were close... I think. I didn't look at the specific picks or their exact point values. There I go spouting off without backup.

On-topic, I think he holds his own and makes the team because he's the third-best guy on the roster at the end of TC.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is good news. I am pretty excited for our rookie class!!! :salute!:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X