Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Olsen signs

Rotoworld:
    Broncos agreed to terms with fourth-round OG Seth Olsen on a four-year contract, including a $415,000 signing bonus.
    A power blocker from Iowa, the Broncos' pick of Olsen is more evidence that they're moving away from their old zone-blocking scheme. Olsen was a two-year starter at right guard for Kirk Ferentz. He'll be a backup as a rookie.
    Source: National Football Post

Good stuff, the guy is a beast.

I still think Hamilton could be the surprise cut this training camp.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by cam5500 View Post
      Rotoworld:
      Broncos agreed to terms with fourth-round OG Seth Olsen on a four-year contract, including a $415,000 signing bonus.
      A power blocker from Iowa, the Broncos' pick of Olsen is more evidence that they're moving away from their old zone-blocking scheme. Olsen was a two-year starter at right guard for Kirk Ferentz. He'll be a backup as a rookie.
      Four down six to go.

Who will be next?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Four down six to go.

Who will be next?

yowza, line em up and knock em down..........

Comment

Originally posted by Endzo View Post

whats wrong with hamilton. he's not great but he's good enough

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
            whats wrong with hamilton. he's not great but he's good enough
            it wouldnt be that he's not good enough, its that the rest would be too good
            Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
            vs.
            Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
            Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
            First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Olsen comes from Iowa that produces good linemen and he blocked for Shonn Greene. Sounds good to me. And he is not that big for a guard, I think he could fit the ZBS mold.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cam5500 View Post
                Rotoworld:
                Great on Olsen and the Broncos, but people are just searching for things to say. Why must we be moving away from the ZBS, when we kept Dennison and Turner, and all evidence points toward a desire to keep it (McDaniels stated that he wants to keep it, we kept all our 2008 linemen, and we drafted a one-cut back in Moreno)? We'll be augmenting it with more pulling/trapping and power blocking, but we won't be ditching the ZBS any time soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                  Great on Olsen and the Broncos, but people are just searching for things to say. Why must we be moving away from the ZBS, when we kept Dennison and Turner, and all evidence points toward a desire to keep it (McDaniels stated that he wants to keep it, we kept all our 2008 linemen, and we drafted a one-cut back in Moreno)? We'll be augmenting it with more pulling/trapping and power blocking, but we won't be ditching the ZBS any time soon.
                  That's what I was thinking too.
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Endzo View Post

Hamilton isn't going anywhere.

But I believe this will be his last year with the Broncos because his contract expires, and we have Lichtensteiger and Olsen to fight for his Left Guard spot.

But Hamilton will not be cut. Even though we was the "weak link", he only gave up 2.5 sacks, which is very very very damn good, and the entire year and our offensive line was ranked as one of the tops when running to the left side, and that wasn't all Clady.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Yeah, I think everything we've seen this year (including early in the year interviews) pointed towards not only sticking with zone blocking, but bringing all new facets to it. McD said he loved our scheme and couldn't wait to put it together with his own. I think it's just the reporter looking for filler in his article.

Good on Olsen, I'll never dispute signing Oline.

Comment

A man can only be what he is.

The Broncos may use zone blocking for now, but McDaniels is likely to move away from it as he brings in linemen that can power block.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Im just waiting for moreno and smith to sign.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            A man can only be what he is.

The Broncos may use zone blocking for now, but McDaniels is likely to move away from it as he brings in linemen that can power block.
                            I dont get were people have got this from look at New Englands line there not all exacly meat heads are they.

Comparison

LT- Clady 6'6 325 Light 6'4 305
                            LG- Hamilton 6'4 290 Mankins 6'4 310
                            C- Weigmann 6'2 285 Koppen 6'2 295
                            RG- Kuper 6'4 305 Yates 6'2 305
                            RT- Harris 6'5 305 Kaczur 6'4 315

They all mayb slightly heavier except on the LT but there not power blockers like the Eagles or Cowboys they averager over 315 pounds on each one of there offencive lineman.

Comment

Good signing. We'll defintely need him..

Also, guys, do you think he'll be a better Iowa guard than the Raiders' Robert Gallery?
                              sigpic
                              Props to Peerless^
                              Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                              Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                              Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                              Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Working...
                              X