X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Cru$h
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    I think we signed Blake Schlueter, too. (wow, with guys like him and Lichtensteiger, we're going to start competing for OL with the hardest names to spell).
    Yep.. I found the info here.
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...=2009&genpos=C
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler-6 View Post
    McKinley, Quinn, Olsen, and who else?
    I think we signed Blake Schlueter, too. (wow, with guys like him and Lichtensteiger, we're going to start competing for OL with the hardest names to spell).

Leave a comment:

• Orange Cru$h
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Four down six to go.

Who will be next?
    McKinley, Quinn, Olsen, and who else?

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    Originally posted by SheerCold View Post
    Good signing. We'll defintely need him..

Also, guys, do you think he'll be a better Iowa guard than the Raiders' Robert Gallery?
    I dont think Gallery is bad but he is just in a bad system with a bad offencive line. The thing about Iowa lineman is they are not the best in the nfl but they are all solid starters. a few are Weigmann, Yanda from Baltimore, Eric Steinbach from the Browns

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I am glad we singed him.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
    I dont get were people have got this from look at New Englands line there not all exacly meat heads are they.

Comparison

LT- Clady 6'6 325 Light 6'4 305
    LG- Hamilton 6'4 290 Mankins 6'4 310
    C- Weigmann 6'2 285 Koppen 6'2 295
    RG- Kuper 6'4 305 Yates 6'2 305
    RT- Harris 6'5 305 Kaczur 6'4 315

They all mayb slightly heavier except on the LT but there not power blockers like the Eagles or Cowboys they averager over 315 pounds on each one of there offencive lineman.
    Don't let size fool you. Even though our lineman are similar in build as New England's lineman, our lineman specialize in athleticism and quickness while sacrificing strength. New England's offensive lineman are more of power-blockers, even though they aren't gigantic like the Cowboys lineman or the Eagles line.

Leave a comment:

• SheerCold
    replied
    Good signing. We'll defintely need him..

Also, guys, do you think he'll be a better Iowa guard than the Raiders' Robert Gallery?

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    A man can only be what he is.

The Broncos may use zone blocking for now, but McDaniels is likely to move away from it as he brings in linemen that can power block.
    I dont get were people have got this from look at New Englands line there not all exacly meat heads are they.

Comparison

LT- Clady 6'6 325 Light 6'4 305
    LG- Hamilton 6'4 290 Mankins 6'4 310
    C- Weigmann 6'2 285 Koppen 6'2 295
    RG- Kuper 6'4 305 Yates 6'2 305
    RT- Harris 6'5 305 Kaczur 6'4 315

They all mayb slightly heavier except on the LT but there not power blockers like the Eagles or Cowboys they averager over 315 pounds on each one of there offencive lineman.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Im just waiting for moreno and smith to sign.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Great on Olsen and the Broncos, but people are just searching for things to say. Why must we be moving away from the ZBS, when we kept Dennison and Turner, and all evidence points toward a desire to keep it (McDaniels stated that he wants to keep it, we kept all our 2008 linemen, and we drafted a one-cut back in Moreno)? We'll be augmenting it with more pulling/trapping and power blocking, but we won't be ditching the ZBS any time soon.
    A man can only be what he is.

The Broncos may use zone blocking for now, but McDaniels is likely to move away from it as he brings in linemen that can power block.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Great on Olsen and the Broncos, but people are just searching for things to say. Why must we be moving away from the ZBS, when we kept Dennison and Turner, and all evidence points toward a desire to keep it (McDaniels stated that he wants to keep it, we kept all our 2008 linemen, and we drafted a one-cut back in Moreno)? We'll be augmenting it with more pulling/trapping and power blocking, but we won't be ditching the ZBS any time soon.
    Yeah, I think everything we've seen this year (including early in the year interviews) pointed towards not only sticking with zone blocking, but bringing all new facets to it. McD said he loved our scheme and couldn't wait to put it together with his own. I think it's just the reporter looking for filler in his article.

Good on Olsen, I'll never dispute signing Oline.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by Endzo View Post
    Good stuff, the guy is a beast.

I still think Hamilton could be the surprise cut this training camp.
    Hamilton isn't going anywhere.

But I believe this will be his last year with the Broncos because his contract expires, and we have Lichtensteiger and Olsen to fight for his Left Guard spot.

But Hamilton will not be cut. Even though we was the "weak link", he only gave up 2.5 sacks, which is very very very damn good, and the entire year and our offensive line was ranked as one of the tops when running to the left side, and that wasn't all Clady.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    That's what I was thinking too.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Originally posted by cam5500 View Post
    Rotoworld:
    Broncos agreed to terms with fourth-round OG Seth Olsen on a four-year contract, including a $415,000 signing bonus.
    A power blocker from Iowa, the Broncos' pick of Olsen is more evidence that they're moving away from their old zone-blocking scheme. Olsen was a two-year starter at right guard for Kirk Ferentz. He'll be a backup as a rookie.
    Source: National Football Post

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Olsen comes from Iowa that produces good linemen and he blocked for Shonn Greene. Sounds good to me. And he is not that big for a guard, I think he could fit the ZBS mold.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X