Clinton Griffin/Quentin Portis.....What's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Montanagf
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2004

Clinton Griffin/Quentin Portis.....What's the difference?

After the first game, it looks like Denver came out ahead on the trade with Washington. By the stats and energy applied, Griffin looked better than Portis. And the addition of Bailey really sparked the defense to play at the next level. As the Chiefs's coach said, "They screwed us up with the difference in how they played".
    This addition of players allowed them to do different things. To the nay sayers
    critical of the trade......it looks like the coaches knew what they wanted to do
    and they did it well.
    True it's only the first game...but what an AWESOMELY PLAYED GAME OF FOOTBALL that was. it was a pleasure to see it.
  • OrangeCrush71
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2004

One is humble and one is a money gready munchin fool. Good ridins Clinton.

Ya know if ya looked at the stats of both of em, Q ( The Sqaurel ) had more yards and 2 more TD's then Clinton. All said and done, I am happy

Comment

• TDfan116c
      Practice Squad
      • Sep 2004

I think the trade for Bailey and a second round pick were well worth Portis, don't forget we picked up Griffin with that same second round pick we got from Washington. At the end of the day it's simple Griffin put up more Yard's and TD's Than Portis did. I say let the quiet Running back lead the Bronco's into a winning season.
      I love pissing you off cause it gets me off

Comment

• chiliD
        Practice Squad
        • Sep 2003

Actually, it wasn't Quentin who we got with the 2nd pick, it was Tatum Bell (Ok St). Quentin was a rookie LAST year.

Comment

• Seth Ferrer NFL
          Practice Squad
          • Sep 2004

Portis is way to C.ocky.. im glad hes gone
          THE NEXT BARRY SANDERS

Comment

• DB56
            Practice Squad
            • Nov 2003

Clinton did great for us I MEAN QUENTIN, sorry those names rhyme.lol. Clinton did a good job for us for two years so I'm not gonna bash him but if we play the we did on Sunday every week then I think we are gonna surprise a lot of people.
            I LOVE THE DENVER BRONCOS MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD

Comment

• Stncld
              Practice Squad
              • Sep 2004

I believe that the Broncos came out way ahead on the trade. Yes, Greedy butt Portis broke a big one and scored for the Skins, but "Q" broke 2 long runs for 2 long touchdowns and then caught a nice pass for a third TD. Q ended up outrushing Portis for total yards and yards per carry. But even better then that if you can believe it is the addition of Champ Bailey. He is a monster is the Defensive Backfield and already has produced 1 INT. He completely shut down Tony Gonzalez and then looked pretty damn good when he came in on offense.

The Moral to the story is: No one player is bigger than the team. Even if you are Clinton Portis.
              Stncld Bronco Fan

Comment

• edmccaffrey87
                Practice Squad
                • Nov 2003

When the trade went down, there was a lot more panic than there should have been. Bailey provides a huge defensive boost, Griffin was more than capable while filling in last year and Portis contract won't be a problem. The draft pick may help in the future as well. I think the trade will pay huge diviends and will make Griffin one of the premier backs in the NFL.
                Thanks for the memories, Ed.
                Can't wait for playoff time!

Comment

• Q.Griffin
                  Practice Squad
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Seth Ferrer NFL
                  Portis is way to C.ocky.. im glad hes gone

Portis Was not be n payed wut he was worth he had a reason to be ****y
                  "After the Yankees released him, Sanders was concerned that he might have to give up baseball. When Atlanta Braves signed him soon after,all his worries were over. He'd be playing for two Atlanta teams." (Neon-Deion/Prime Time)

Comment

Working...
                  X